Christian Eriksen

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm talking about the medical staff on site, with the defibrillator.
The guy with the defibrillator arrived 60 seconds after he collapsed, barely enough time for the 1st doctors to know what was going on. Really, it wasn't the issue especially if they started CPR.

Neo_Mufc

Like everyone I suspect, I’ve been in bits the past 45 mins.

im amazed to see that picture, thank goodness.

the tv coverage was abhorrent. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves. it was obvious after 60 seconds that it needed to cut to the studio or anything other than Eriksen, his teammates shielding him and his wife.

I don’t get outraged - but this was sickening in the name of entertainment.
I thought that as well too. When he dropped they should not have showed any more.

Bit annoyed with SSN too, I understand the shock but Hayley Mcqueen said something along the lines of " possible horrible news we think we may be bringing you".

Just wait for a official response.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It’a a players choice if they want to carry on even if something is found to be wrong with their heart.

Who here would honestly stop playing football if they were able to play at a professional level? I know I’d take the risk.
Eriksen will have to retire after this anyway, that's obviously the best case realistic scenario currently.

Surely they're not considering re-starting the game?

Even if Eriksen is declared "fine", surely the Danish players won't be in any frame of mind.

It'll probably be a stretch to get it played tomorrow.
can’t do surely.

sport doesn’t matter. Those players stood next to their mate whilst he was dying.

they should come to some sort of agreement where both teams get the points - or guarantee that three teams qualify from that group.

dont force tge players to do this. I wouldn’t be surprised if Denmark withdraw totally.

Charlie Foley

I was watching the game with my 8 year old and he couldn't understand a lot, we were trying to shield him best we could but he's no mug

He's just brought in a get well card he's been drawing in his room for erikson, I've had to run off to the bathroom to hide my tears - I'm in bits! Kids really know how to hit you in the feels

So glad there's encouraging news!
I’m crying reading this. You’ve raised a great kid!

UncleBob

The guy with the defibrillator arrived 60 seconds after he collapsed, barely enough time for the 1st doctors to know what was going on. Really, it wasn't the issue especially if they started CPR.
Are you sure about the 60 seconds? felt like they were doing CPR for quite some time until they arrived with the defibrillator.

Dreadfulboss

Supports
York City
Horrible scenes,Brings back the David Longhurst incident at York when i was a kid

Blatzo

I was watching the game with my 8 year old and he couldn't understand a lot, we were trying to shield him best we could but he's no mug

He's just brought in a get well card he's been drawing in his room for erikson, I've had to run off to the bathroom to hide my tears - I'm in bits! Kids really know how to hit you in the feels

Hey, I'm a 30 year old (!) who's really sensitive to this kind of stuff (this one really shook me too) and I was really haunted by Marc-Vivien Foé's death - based on your son's reaction I would encourage you to have a chat with him about what has happened (seek professional advice if you're unsure how to go about it) and assure him that he is safe and that what happened today is extremely rare and unlikely to happen to him/his friends etc. I don't know what the exact right words are or how to say them - but I know that even a small amount of support/explanation/understanding will be huge for him in the immediate aftermath.

What a beautiful thing he did as well!

ChaddyP

Damn. Kids really are a blessing

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
can’t do surely.

sport doesn’t matter. Those players stood next to their mate whilst he was dying.

they should come to some sort of agreement where both teams get the points - or guarantee that three teams qualify from that group.

dont force tge players to do this. I wouldn’t be surprised if Denmark withdraw totally.
They'll want to play on in his honour.

A 0-0 share of points is a decent idea. It was almost half time and pretty even. That would take the issue of cramming it in away.
Not sure how that sits with all the stats etc, but they can work that out!

EliotTheRed

Presume you're fairly young without wife/kids etc.
No-one with either of those would consider taking a risk to their life just to play a sport.
I suffered from Myocarditis two months ago, and though I feel absolutely fine now I’m not even risking going for a run, as much as it pains me (irony noted!). 6 months is the suggested rest period.

Agree totally with your sentiments, there’s living, with is much more important than risking it just to play sport.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

Ffs and here's me thinking I was out of tears. Hell of a job you've done raising him. Heart of gold.

Dudu

Love this. Thanks for sharing

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Then you should understand taking a massive risk with that homelife is utterly mad.
Absolutely but if you’re already in the career before having them and have known about the issue with no instances from a young age, you don’t worry or think about it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Eriksen will have to retire after this anyway, that's obviously the best case realistic scenario currently.
Depends exactly what caused it.
If it's an underlying condition / can happen again - very high chance.

If it was some sort of virus/heat related thing maybe not.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely but if you’re already in the career before having them and have known about the issue with no instances from a young age, you don’t worry or think about it.
Yeah, I suppose. But that one incident is one incident too many.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I’d imagine he wouldn’t want to run the risk of it happening again, yeah.

You can live with that sort of risk and I guarantee there are loads of top level footballers with a heart condition that could cause an arrest but continue because it hasn’t happened, and been lucky for it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Such good news. All the best to him for a speedy recovery that was just horrible

RedDevilRoshi

Just when I thought I had no tears left!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So relieved to hear he's ok. That was truly an absolutely harrowing 15 mins or so :(

I agree with others though, i think he definitely needs to look at what caused this and put his health first, even if it means retiring. Football is just a game, health and life is so much more important

Bulldog United

So happy there's good news filtering through now. I feared the worst after the BBC chose to broadcast 8 minutes of them pumping his chest and trying to revive him.

Thankful my kids chose not to watch this game. They would not have enjoyed those scenes.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
can’t do surely.

Money does though, and you can bet your left nut someone somewhere with a bit power is urging the game to go ahead "since hes fine". Like the trauma of that whole thing isnt something in itself. The fact players have been run into the ground around the world says it all. Im just surprised we havent seen more collapses. What is it now, 13/14 months of non stop football? And it wont be slowing down any either. Once this is over, right back into the new season then the world cup then the new season. They might get a decent holiday in 2023 I guess.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Can a virus just stop your heart without any warning?
Some studies showed COVID could cause myocarditis, so it's possible it's the cause yes. Some others say the vaccine could also slighlty increase chances of myocarditis so it's actually very hard to know what's going on at this point.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Spot on.

Eriksen on the ground had a very real chance of being the last images of his life. To broadcast someone dying is not right.

Eriksen on the stretcher concious and alert is the image absolutely everyone wants to see, because we are happy for him. They saved his life. It's cause for celebration.

EliotTheRed

Can a virus just stop your heart without any warning?
An ECG showed I’d had a heart attack a few months ago, but luckily turned out only to be inflammation of the heart. Haven’t had a proper follow up consultation with the cardiologist yet but they think it was caused by a virus, so it could be an underlying condition in his case or something as ‘simple’ as a virus, yes.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Honesty can't believe that the news is this positive; was genuinely certain the very worst would be confirmed at some point.

Medics are just amazing heroes.

Eriksen on the ground had a very real chance of being the last images of his life. To broadcast someone dying is not right.

Eriksen on the stretcher concious and alert is the image absolutely everyone wants to see, because we are happy for him. They saved his life. It's cause for celebration.
100% agree.

this guy Is just tweeting this to get likes and it part of the problem.