Christian Eriksen

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
According to rumours Inter is already trying to get rid, and the player himself has turned down a loan to Dortmund and Hertha Berlin. Will he stay or leave?

He is 28 years old and a very professional and dedicated player. Someone could get a very good deal here. According to understat he played 3300 minutes at RW for Spurs, and had 10 goals and 15 assists from that position (an xg90 of 0,26 and xA of 0,40).

For a cheap loan he makes a lot more sense than a few others mentioned in my opinion. Not ideal at all though.

Santos J

Professional and dedicated is pushing it when most Spurs fans would tell you he downed tools for the best part of 18 months. At his best he was great but any club looking at him now would be taking a massive gamble.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Professional and dedicated is pushing it when most Spurs fans would tell you he downed tools for the best part of 18 months. At his best he was great but any club looking at him now would be taking a massive gamble.
what gamble it is when it is a loan and Inter probably will pay portion of his wages? He is 28 at his prime and is EPL proven.

Santos J

what gamble it is when it is a loan and Inter probably will pay portion of his wages?
A portion of his wages means Inter still want somebody to pay £100k p/w which is a lot for someone who's been pretty shit for a season or two.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was on his way down at the end of his career at Spurs, and it seems like it’s only been more of the same at Inter. Stay away.

spiriticon

I wanted him last year but now we signed Bruno and Van de Beek there's no more place for him

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What difference does it make to actually play Bruno there rather than getting Eriksen and playing him ?

It's a silly day I know .

Bojan11

We don’t need another slow player. Even though he presses better than Pogba.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
A really excellent example of the grass not always being greener. I actually feel really bad for him, he should be near legend status at Spurs but his last 18 months have sullied it, where, though he always still ran around a lot, it was always clearly slightly half-hearted.

I think he genuinely thought he'd be going to Real Madrid/Barca...and if he'd just carried on playing his regular way, he might have managed it too. Maybe its just difficult to get yourself at the same level once you've spent so long playing within yourself.

Hope he manages to find a good club where he can rediscover his magic.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I’n my opinion he was never good in any other position than RW for Spurs. Similar to TAA he needs time and space to create and they get that at RW. Even during his prime his numbers was very average at central-positions. Out wide he is actually a good playmaker. I think he still would be.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
A really excellent example of the grass not always being greener. I actually feel really bad for him, he should be near legend status at Spurs but his last 18 months have sullied it, where, though he always still ran around a lot, it was always clearly slightly half-hearted.

I think he genuinely thought he'd be going to Real Madrid/Barca...and if he'd just carried on playing his regular way, he might have managed it too. Maybe its just difficult to get yourself at the same level once you've spent so long playing within yourself.

Hope he manages to find a good club where he can rediscover his magic.
He wanted a new challenge which is fair after being in the club for so long. Too bad it didn't work out for him. From the amazon video Levy and Mou want him to stay.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He wanted a new challenge which is fair after being in the club for so long. Too bad it didn't work out for him.
I totally agree and I never begrudged him that move. I still see him with the utmost of affection.

What bothered a lot of fans though wasn't that he wanted a new challenge (fair enough) but that he very clearly stopped trying as hard when it became clear that he wasn't signing a new contract.

He's so talented that he still racked up assists and good performances here and there, especially because our play was built around him. But his heart wasn't in it anymore which pissed loads of people off.

Chief123

According to rumours Inter is already trying to get rid, and the player himself has turned down a loan to Dortmund and Hertha Berlin. Will he stay or leave?

He is 28 years old and a very professional and dedicated player. Someone could get a very good deal here. According to understat he played 3300 minutes at RW for Spurs, and had 10 goals and 15 assists from that position (an xg90 of 0,26 and xA of 0,40).

For a cheap loan he makes a lot more sense than a few others mentioned in my opinion. Not ideal at all though.
He never wanted to come before when he had the chance, I don’t see his desire changing.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I totally agree and I never begrudged him that move. I still see him with the utmost of affection.

What bothered a lot of fans though wasn't that he wanted a new challenge (fair enough) but that he very clearly stopped trying as hard when it became clear that he wasn't signing a new contract.

He's so talented that he still racked up assists and good performances here and there, especially because our play was built around him. But his heart wasn't in it anymore which pissed loads of people off.
Now he is extremely motivated and will play at his very best to earn his next move. That's why i don't understand the "gamble" part. He is a good player.

edit
Same can be said for Ross Barkley.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Now he is extremely motivated and will play at his very best to earn his next move. That's why i don't understand the "gamble" part. He is a good player.
That's fair but it doesn't seem that the motivation is helping him at Inter at the moment and sometimes its difficult for these players to get back into the groove once they've been off it for a while.

I hope he does get it back though cos at his best, he's an unbelievable player.

redshaw

Wonder where he fancies next, doesn't want Dortmund, Berlin or United

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
That's fair but it doesn't seem that the motivation is helping him at Inter at the moment and sometimes its difficult for these players to get back into the groove once they've been off it for a while.

I hope he does get it back though cos at his best, he's an unbelievable player.
I personally believe Conte's 3-5-2 doesn't have his position in the team. He is most efficient at RW but Conte uses wingback. Inter fans can chip in on this.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am pretty sure the same has been said on James Rodriguez.
Not particularly similar circumstances — James was open to the move early in the summer and was properly integrated to a squad under a manager he has played some of his best football under. ... And it’s only been 4 matches. Plenty of time for things to *potentially* go pearshaped.

Eriksen is not a fit for us at all and would be yet another panic signing. I’ll end this here because there’s no way this is happening, thankfully.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not particularly similar circumstances — James was open to the move early in the summer and was properly integrated to a squad under a manager he has played some of his best football under. ... And it’s only been 4 matches. Plenty of time for things to *potentially* go pearshaped.

Eriksen is not a fit for us at all and would be yet another panic signing. I’ll end this here because there’s no way this is happening, thankfully.
This is not a transfer forum. I don't see him link to Man Utd. I hope he can move to a club that he can play football again.

Chipper

Adulterer.
A portion of his wages means Inter still want somebody to pay £100k p/w which is a lot for someone who's been pretty shit for a season or two.
Don't really see him as a fit here, but that's only £3.8m total outlay until the end of June. Not much at all for a Premier League side if that's all they had to pay with no loan fee on top.

NoPace

Arsenal should have come in for him, they could really use a creative 10. Everton too would fit, sell Sigurdsson to a side like Newcastle to pay for it.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Weird player. Always looks average but then has impressive numbers and is good in key moments.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Club like Sevilla would be good move for him but assume wages are way beyond what they could pay.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Linked to Arsenal. :lol:

TBF he's still decent for Denmark and Arsenal need more creativity from midfield.....

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Guy literally can't run anymore. His last month's at Spur's were shocking it was like he gave up long before his move to Inter.

Thinking about the amount of games he played for us (he's pretty much played full seasons since 18 years old) He was also on the top of the distance chart's which showed he was always the hardest working player on the pitch.

Plain and simple he's ran himself into the ground and he's burnt himself out at the age of 28 years old... The age where he should be hitting is prime

100 caps for the NT only aged 28 is alot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Cloud7

Linked to Arsenal. :lol:

TBF he's still decent for Denmark and Arsenal need more creativity from midfield.....
Not like they have probably the best final ball player of the last decade contracted to their club or anything like that....

Where has it gone wrong for Eriksen at Inter? There was a time that every team in the PL would have had him in their lineup.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not like they have probably the best final ball player of the last decade contracted to their club or anything like that....

Where has it gone wrong for Eriksen at Inter? There was a time that every team in the PL would have had him in their lineup.
In short term Ozil would help a bit but he was regular in the later Wenger seasons when they weren't finishing top 4 (and still regular in the Emery season finishing 5th) so doubt he'd get them back in top 4.

Mike Smalling

He is still quality player, and should get out of the Inter situation as soon as possible. He seems to have fallen out with Conte for some reason.

Josh 76

Weird player. Always looks average but then has impressive numbers and is good in key moments.
Saw him live for the first time when Spurs beat Utd 3-0 at OT. (Under Mourhino). He was the best player on the pitch.