Christian Eriksen

Red_Aaron

I was watching the game with my 8 year old and he couldn't understand a lot, we were trying to shield him best we could but he's no mug

He's just brought in a get well card he's been drawing in his room for erikson, I've had to run off to the bathroom to hide my tears - I'm in bits! Kids really know how to hit you in the feels

So glad there's encouraging news!

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Dont know the guy. Dont have much of a football affinity with him but this picture actually made me teary eyed with joy /relief knowing he was alive when they removed him from the field
They all play the game we love and rivalry aside when something happens to anyone of them we all feel it. They're all part of something we love and there's always going to be that connection.

Wicked_Badger

Debrillators save lives!
Absolutely. Did a first aid course a couple of years back. The stats are staggering if you can get a defibrillator to someone quickly enough. Should be way more of them around.

Really hope he’s ok. Awful scenes. Never seen anything like it live on the pitch, closest I can remember to feeling like this was Romain Grosjean in Bahrain and he miraculously survived. Hoping for the same outcome here.

UncleBob

Spot on.

Pretty weird take....

They showed him on his side, eyes rolling back, and showed close ups when they were doing CPR and then with the defibrillator...

It's a bit of a fecking mile away from a positive picture of Erikson being concious

DeGea

Defibrillator saves lives folks. As a cardiologist, we should have more AEDs in public spaces and educate people about CPR.

Okey

maybe they will think about cancelling some senseless games - like nations league. players have too many games in a short time span. just hope he pulls through
This wouldn't usually be anything to do with workload. Not sudden collapses. But yeah, players would benefit from avoid even other injuries from too many games.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes that would be my take. I mean they scan players more than ever now and they were heart monitors and all other stuff but still it can't be prevented.

This season's schedule was ridiculous though.
The schedule was and is ridiculous for sure, I defo agree. We can see it with the big increase in injuries this season. Random cardiac arrest have been happening for decades, very scary when you think about it

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Spot on.

How is that spot on? His family might have been watching him rolling his eyes on the pitch lying helpless and his teammates crying around him. And this picture is relief to everyone who has witnessed it. Not even comparable.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Spot on.

I'd rather have seen the picture than him on the floor or his girlfriend. Many of us, myself included watched for too long but it was in the hope of seeing everything be all right.

If somebody ran naked onto the pitch we would've barely seen it.

ChaddyP

They all play the game we love and rivalry aside when something happens to anyone of them we all feel it. They're all part of something we love and there's always going to be that connection.
For real. I feel its also relief that someone can pull through from something like that. I legit went into a dark place when i saw what happened. Never normally something that happens to me

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Encouraging to see him conscious in that photo. Hopefully he's ok.

Okey

Phew! Thank God for that. First positive sign. I hope it gets only better. I'll never forget that sight of Antonio Puerta walking off the pitch on his own. I'm sure the medics are more cautious these days.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Yes that would be my take. I mean they scan players more than ever now and they were heart monitors and all other stuff but still it can't be prevented.

This season's schedule was ridiculous though.
It’a a players choice if they want to carry on even if something is found to be wrong with their heart.

Who here would honestly stop playing football if they were able to play at a professional level? I know I’d take the risk.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Beyond awful scenes, I thought the medical team took bloody ages to get on the pitch...A collapse like that, out of fecking nowhere, and they should instantly rush out
The team's doctor was by his side 23 seconds after he collapsed.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I was screaming at the screen to start CPR and shock him - they spent ages looking in his mouth!
Swallowing the tongue is not uncommon during a collapse, they had to make sure he can draw breath before they start CPR. Checking for clear airways is first minute of first class in a CPR course. They did everything by the book and right

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’a a players choice if they want to carry on even if something is found to be wrong with their heart.

Who here would honestly stop playing football if they were able to play at a professional level? I know I’d take the risk.
Presume you're fairly young without wife/kids etc.
No-one with either of those would consider taking a risk to their life just to play a sport.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Eriksen has children doesnt he? For any parent this is the easiest choice they ever make in their lives.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely horrendous, happened to a lad at my pre season and he didn't make it. I hope he pulls through and is fine. Either way, he's not playing football again, but hope this can bring more awareness to CPR and defibs

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
For real. I feel its also relief that someone can pull through from something like that. I legit went into a dark place when i saw what happened. Never normally something that happens to me
I'm still numb. Hearing about it and actually witnessing it happen in real time are two different things.

GazTheLegend

The schedule was and is ridiculous for sure, I defo agree. We can see it with the big increase in injuries this season. Random cardiac arrest have been happening for decades, very scary when you think about it
Also there's no way that players aren't being pumped full of epo and God knows what else to push them out of injuries. We will see more of this sooner rather than later. Hopefully Eriksen pulls through

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely they're not considering re-starting the game?

Even if Eriksen is declared "fine", surely the Danish players won't be in any frame of mind.

It'll probably be a stretch to get it played tomorrow.

Like everyone I suspect, I’ve been in bits the past 45 mins.

im amazed to see that picture, thank goodness.

the tv coverage was abhorrent. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves. it was obvious after 60 seconds that it needed to cut to the studio or anything other than Eriksen, his teammates shielding him and his wife.

I don’t get outraged - but this was sickening in the name of entertainment.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Surely they're not considering re-starting the game?

Even if Eriksen is declared "fine", surely the Danish players won't be in any frame of mind.

It'll probably be a stretch to get it played tomorrow.
Someone mentioned COVID rules. It could be that they need to empty the stadium in stages.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm talking about the medical staff on site, with the defibrillator.
They were doing some sort of defibrillator type actions on him weren't they?
Looks to me like there was a superb medical response, as you'd expect at this level.

UncleBob

I'd rather have seen the picture than him on the floor or his girlfriend. Many of us, myself included watched for too long but it was in the hope of seeing everything be all right.

If somebody ran naked onto the pitch we would've barely seen it.
Exactly, someone streaking and they instantly film somewhere else.

FizzyWomack

I was watching the game with my 8 year old and he couldn't understand a lot, we were trying to shield him best we could but he's no mug

He's just brought in a get well card he's been drawing in his room for erikson, I've had to run off to the bathroom to hide my tears - I'm in bits! Kids really know how to hit you in the feels

That’s so sweet. Testament to his parents mate!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Someone mentioned COVID rules. It could be that they need to empty the stadium in stages.
Makes more sense.

A logistical nightmare re-arranging a game/fans/tickets etc - but this is an emergency situation after all.
They'll have to try and get the game on tomorrow/Monday at latest, or squeeze it in between their 2nd and 3rd game, meaning 3 games in 6 days though.

UncleBob

They were doing some sort of defibrillator type actions on him weren't they?
Looks to me like there was a superb medical response, as you'd expect at this level.
They should rush out with the national team medics, imo

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

That is incredible stuff. Amazing. :drool: