Christian Eriksen

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I wonder did he have an undiagnosed infection or something which put pressure on his heart.
But then I think there were literally no signs. It happened. Just like that!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Him not being able to ever play again might hit him the hardest.
If he needs a peacemaker he would have to leave inter to keep playing at the very least. Italian FA doesn't allow it

Hopefully this turns out to be a one off sort of thing and he can keep playing

Sheamus

I’m amazed at how he’s handling it. I’d be really shook if my body just shut down out of nowhere. I want to know exactly what caused this cardiac arrest.

RUCK4444

Mings talking about it being extremely distressing, he should remember this the next time he’s stamping on somebodies head like a thug.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Am I a bad person for thinking this is a bit much? It feels like something you'd do for someone who passed away which, thankfully, Erikson didn't. Feels a bit morbid to me.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Am I a bad person for thinking this is a bit much? It feels like something you'd do for someone who passed away which, thankfully, Erikson didn't. Feels a bit morbid to me.
It's a bit over the top for my liking but whatever it's fine if they want to. I just think it will be funny if on the 10th minute mark Belgium have a chance to score and don't because of this.

feels like attention seeking to be honest. Granted I’m a big cynic.

C'est Moi Cantona

No, it seems a very unnecessary thing for them to do.

macheda14

I mean he almost died and it’s a really nice gesture for someone who will probably never play football again. I feel every professional player was really shook by what happened. It reminds everyone that no matter how fir you think you are, your life and your career could be snatched away from you in seconds.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

I find this a bit silly, honestly. But if they want to do that, whatever.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

What happens if say Lukaku is through on goal on 9 mins and 58 seconds? :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It only happened a few days ago, multiple players within the Belgian team are friends of Eriksen, they know his career is now likely finished and they're actually playing against a Danish team who are feeling the same thing in spades (and who weren't treated particularly well in the incident).

Kicking a ball out of play as a very minor nice gesture seems entirely appropriate, you weirdos. He doesn't have to be dead for them to do something positive in Denmark's very next game since it happened.

TrustInOle

Each to their own, if he feels this will pay tribute to what his friend went through, go for it lad! I'm sure the sentiment will be appreciated fro Eriksen.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It only happened a few days ago, multiple players within the Belgian team are friends of Eriksen, they know his career is now likely finished and they're actually playing against a Danish team who are feeling the same thing in spades (and who weren't treated particularly well in the incident).

Kicking a ball out of play as a very minor nice gesture seems entirely appropriate, you weirdos. He doesn't have to be dead for them to do something positive in Denmark's very next game.
They can contact him or send him a box of chocolate. I find that kind of gesture so awkward and impersonal.

shaky

Getting silly now. I'm sure Eriksen wouldn't want them interupting a game on his behalf. Should all be booked for time wasting.

it seems sanctimonious to me, just something for social media to look good. Maybe I'm just a cynical twat.

But made me think of when fergie was ill people asked Evra why he didn't post messages on twitter saying 'get well' etc. - evra said 'because i have his phone number'.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They can contact him or send him a box of chocolate. I find that kind of gesture so awkward and impersonal.
Of course it's impersonal, that's the point. They're doing it specifically to be a broad public gesture that gives the fans a chance to show their support for Eriksen with a minute of applause, the images of which will then get shared and broadcast to an even wider audience of people who also feel sympathy for Eriksen.

It's not like it's supposed to be an alternative for people with Eriksen's phone number who can't be bothered to send him a text.

JPRouve

Scout
Of course it's impersonal, that's the point. They're doing it specifically to be a broad public gesture that gives the fans a chance to show their support for Eriksen with a minute of applause, the images of which will then get shared and broadcast to an even wider audience of people who also feel sympathy for Eriksen.

It's not like it's supposed to be an alternative for people with Eriksen's phone number who can't be bothered to send him a text.
People already show their sympathy with the +6m likes in his own instagram message. To me it's just a weird thing to do but that's only me.

mu4c_20le

A bit OTT, are they going to do this for every player that collapses moving forward, or just his best mates

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Yeah, all a little bit John Terry this, isn't it?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeesh, god forbid people do a completely cost-less, tiny gesture for someone who is literally still in hospital.

Hope you guys aren't like this in real life. "Why would I sign a get-well-soon card? It has been a whole four days since Gary had that heart-attack and I already sent him a text. Get over it you attention seekers!"

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd do the gesture before the game but its hardly a big deal.

You can think of it as a celebration of survival.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeesh, god forbid people do a completely cost-less, tiny gesture for someone who is literally still in hospital.

Hope you guys aren't like this in real life. "Why would I sign a get-well-soon card? It has been a whole four days since Gary had that heart-attack and I already sent him a text. Get over it you attention seekers!"
Feck Gary though, he's a cnut. One get-well-soon card is more than enough for that guy

Now, this gesture for eriksen is nice

JPRouve

Scout

I have been in a similar situation to Eriksen and wasn't really a fan of hospital visits. But if Eriksen appreciates it, that's good enough for me.

Stormpetrel

The 10 minute thing is maybe a bit stupid but it's normal for Belgium and Denmark to do something with the fan when Eriksen is a few hundreds meters away in his hospital room

it seems sanctimonious to me, just something for social media to look good. Maybe I'm just a cynical twat.

But made me think of when fergie was ill people asked Evra why he didn't post messages on twitter saying 'get well' etc. - evra said 'because i have his phone number'.
Great post. Love the Evra story.

maybe I’m cyclical as well! Seems like playing to your Twitter fans…