Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I would be happy with this if we also sign Frenkie de Jong. I genuinely think a midfield 3 of Frenkie, Eriksen and Mctominay/Fred being retrained as the ball winner/more defensive role would be a huge transformation for us. In possession it would be a world of difference. Bruno i think would be moved to a wide role or rotating as a false 9, but more likely as a wide creator role (Tadić/Ziyech for his Ajax teams). We'll see. Ten Hag you know will want to play a more controlled style, so I think that's at least clearly a priority with these 2 players. Just please actually sign Frenkie and not just Eriksen...
Can those two really be retrained for that kind of role, personally think we have no choice but to do it next season but still hope we are scouting.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can those two really be retrained for that kind of role, personally think we have no choice but to do it next season but still hope we are scouting.
I think they can. At least I hope. We'll have a much better structure throughout the team you can be sure, and ultimately we might need more, but you can never fault their work rate/attitude at the very least. I still think Rice is the ultimate target there for future windows, but we'll see when he becomes available.

To be honest, I'm a big fan of Freds but I'd bet that McTominay is the one selected next to FdJ, just because he's more of a defensive guy (and physically he's a unit). If you could teach him positional sense, he'd actually be a very good player, so let's hope.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Imagine being turned down for Brentford :lol: That can not be aloud to happen. Would save us a lot of embarrassment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Deciding between Brentford and Manchester United.

I thought Moyes saying we would try to "make it hard" for Newcastle at home years ago, but that one is even better.

lex talionis

There was a time when Brentford was in the lower divisions while we were lifting PL and CL trophies. Now they are competing with Manchester United for talent.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
There was a time when Brentford was in the lower divisions while we were lifting PL and CL trophies. Now they are competing with Manchester United for talent.
And people say money ruins the game and the playing field.

....it's definitely ruined us these past decade or so.

DiceRoller

I know it's easier to say if he doesn't want to be here, don't bring. But choosing between Manchester United and Brentford.

Brentford!

That's some fall from grace.

edcunited1878

Doesn’t sound overly promising.
I don't buy the last tweet about starting every game to ensure he's selected. United will have more than enough time to provide him whether that's from the off or bench. Remember, there's 5 subs you can make in the PL starting next season. Denmark will select Eriksen no matter what. Only thing stopping him from being selected is injury.

ThanksBoss26

I don't buy the last tweet about starting every game to ensure he's selected. United will have more than enough time to provide him whether that's from the off or bench. Remember, there's 5 subs you can make in the PL starting next season. Denmark will select Eriksen no matter what. Only thing stopping him from being selected is injury.
Agreed. The article itself is even less promising - certainly makes it sound like he’s planning to stay at Brentford. Although not sure how much is based on assumption.

edcunited1878

Choosing Brentford has to do a lot more than pure sporting reasons. It's a family decision to stay in London, when coming from Milan. Then potentially relocating to Manchester? It's a drastic change for his family. United offer the clearly bigger sporting challenge and money, but for someone in his place at this time of his career, can totally understand him taking the less pressurized route and being content in staying in London.

Abraxas

As if he needs to start every game to play for Denmark. A completely made up statement. He could get a contract with Shrewsbury and make the Denmark side.

Red Daz

Imagine being turned down for Brentford :lol: That can not be aloud to happen. Would save us a lot of embarrassment.
We will brief we’ve ended our interest just before the announcement:lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Him joining Brentford over us won't be the kick in the bollocks some will make it out to be, after what he's gone through maybe he wants to just enjoy his last few years of football without the pressure of playing for a club like United. He might feel he owes Brentford as well

He certainly won't be choosing them because he thinks he'll have a better chance of winning a trophy or getting UCL football with them

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Surely he’d rather player for United? I get the London thing but you can move back there when your career is over, when you don’t have an opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. He’ll be a United player.

DiceRoller

Him joining Brentford over us won't be the kick in the bollocks some will make it out to be, after what he's gone through maybe he wants to just enjoy his last few years of football without the pressure of playing for a club like United. He might feel he owes Brentford as well

He certainly won't be choosing them because he thinks he'll have a better chance of winning a trophy or getting UCL football with them
I dunno. Brentford got to the QF of the EFL cup last season and out at the same stage as United in the FA Cup.

Withnail

I know it's easier to say if he doesn't want to be here, don't bring. But choosing between Manchester United and Brentford.

Brentford!

Is it feck? If he chooses Brentford it's all about location, his family's wishes and guaranteed playing time so he can be sure of his place at the World Cup.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If his ambition is to stay at fecking Brentford and is turning down the opportunity to play for Manchester United at 30 years old then I really don’t know.

DiceRoller

Is it feck? If he choose Brentford it's all about location, his family's wishes and guaranteed playing time so he can be sure of his place at the World Cup.
Yeah yeah yeah

He wouldn't turn down Liverpool or Citeh if they came calling, I'd nearly be sure of that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Surely he’d rather player for United? I get the London thing but you can move back there when your career is over, when you don’t have an opportunity to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. He’ll be a United player.
Maybe after heart problems he wants less pressure. Also there he will me main man, their no1. In United he will not even start every game maybe.
Makes sense in some way

BarstoolProphet

As if he needs to start every game to play for Denmark. A completely made up statement. He could get a contract with Shrewsbury and make the Denmark side.
Yeah, the biggest star by far. Like Cristiano gets told he have to play in the CL to make the Portugal squad.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Maybe after heart problems he wants less pressure. Also there he will me main man, their no1. In United he will not even start every game maybe.
Makes sense in some way
It’s true you may be right. Also he’s lucky to be playing so the opportunity to play for Man United is even more remarkable. It’s also true we don’t have the same pull though.

DiceRoller

He'd get feck all playing time at either club.
You can see what I mean though in terms of attraction. He's a professional footballer and clearly a driven one given many people would have jacked it in after his incident.

If United was an attractive proposition, he'd come.

BarstoolProphet

Kasper Hjulmand: "Christian has to play every match before the World Cup for his next club or some random Danish bloke will take his place in my World Cup squad."

I’m loving my life

Maybe he heard about the toxicity permeating the entire football club from owners to dressing room and doesn’t fancy it? I guess footballers from different clubs talk to each other and it’s pretty well known

phelans shorts

Brentford!

His young family know London well. The man nearly died 12 months ago. When he wanted to return only Brentford showed him any interest.

There’s loads of reasons for him to stay there. It was the obvious move all along.

Dempsey19

Even if Eriksen wasn't playing every game for us would Denmark really leave him out of the out their World Cup squad? I highly doubt it.

Withnail

You can see what I mean though in terms of attraction. He's a professional footballer and clearly a driven one given many people would have jacked it in after his incident.

Yeah I see where you're coming from. I still think he'll come but the other posters make a good point, he's not getting dropped by Denmark unless he doesn't kick a ball between now and then.

Kaushal

And that’s why he would choose Brentford ?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I will have a hard time to believe he will pick brentford over Man Utd unless the contract offer from Man Utd doesn't meet his demand such as the length of contract. There is no way he will uproot his family again to move to NW for a one year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.