Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

I don’t quite get it but do you get a kick out of it when you post any negative tweets you can find onto the Caf? I’ve also read you were the biggest transfer muppet around so something must have broke you back then :lol:
Hes been doing it for as long as I can remember.... Was the biggest party popper in the pogba thread of 2016

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Eriksen isn't benching Bruno mate. Not a prayer. If we get him it will be to provide cover for a few positions. Probably why it's taking so long as he knows he gets more guaranteed minutes at Brentford.
Not saying he's benching him, but moving him out from #10. Ten Hag might want a different style player there. Eriksen, FdJ as 2 of a 3 with a more defensive guy would be excellent in possession and creativity, and then Bruno can keep his more adventurous/reckless style from a front 3 position.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Eriksen isn't benching Bruno mate. Not a prayer. If we get him it will be to provide cover for a few positions. Probably why it's taking so long as he knows he gets more guaranteed minutes at Brentford.
You have no idea do you? No one does.

ChaddyP

No one does but we can take logical guesses. And his logic makes sense, if we sign Eriksen obviously then we will know what the actually plans are. I think he's being signed to play a multiple of positions though

croadyman

Would be such a change from the McFred combo having 2 ball players in there. But you do worry about who would win it.
Maybe we'd have so much ball we wouldn't need to, like with Carrick and Scholes?
Yeah that's my biggest concern with that midfield pairing, even with plenty of ball still feel a defensive player is needed in there

OrcaFat

Yeah that's my biggest concern with that midfield pairing, even with plenty of ball still feel a defensive player is needed in there
Carrick and Scholes (but also Carrick and Giggs) was used quite a bit. I think they would get overrrun especially on the break in “modern” football. A canny, aggressive DM is needed.

OrcaFat

Eriksen as cover?! He’d be one of our best players and guaranteed to start if fit. Bruno can play wide right or, yes, will be benched.

Tarrou

I don't think Eriksen & FDJ as a pair works

certainly I don't see those two with Bruno ahead of them working

I'm hoping we bring in a DM and Bruno/Eriksen can fight it out for a spot somewhere ahead of FDJ + new DM

croadyman

Carrick and Scholes (but also Carrick and Giggs) was used quite a bit. I think they would get overrrun especially on the break in “modern” football. A canny, aggressive DM is needed.
Yeah has to be next signing after De Jong, however don't see that happening, think the club see other positions as higher priority

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's easy to forget that the other 2 in 4-4-2 midfield were hard workers. Thus we could get away with those two as CM.

Now compare them with our current lazy ass or weak wingers.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don't think Eriksen & FDJ as a pair works

certainly I don't see those two with Bruno ahead of them working

I'm hoping we bring in a DM and Bruno/Eriksen can fight it out for a spot somewhere ahead of FDJ + new DM
I am going to open myself up to ridicule and say that I think we’ll see an FDJ, Eriksen, Bruno midfield quite a lot. They all cover a lot of ground. I am talking about pre-slump Bruno. I think he’ll be seen deeper this coming season. If you can keep the ball, you don’t need to go chasing after it all the time. But I also think there’ll be games where Eriksen plays off the left or Bruno the right and Fred or McT come into midfield. But my guess is that those three will be our primary starters in midfield. Bruno and Eriksen aren’t lightweight 10s. Bruno was once heralded for a fantastic work rate - until United fell to pieces, and Eriksen used to cover more ground than nearly every other player in the PL at Spurs. 13km+ average per match. He’s obviously not the same player today, but he still works hard.

flappyjay

I am going to open myself up to ridicule and say that I think we’ll see an FDJ, Eriksen, Bruno midfield quite a lot. They all cover a lot of ground. I am talking about pre-slump Bruno. I think he’ll be seen deeper this coming season. If you can keep the ball, you don’t need to go chasing after it all the time. But I also think there’ll be games where Eriksen plays off the left or Bruno the right and Fred or McT come into midfield. But my guess is that those three will be our primary starters in midfield. Bruno and Eriksen aren’t lightweight 10s. Bruno was once heralded for a fantastic work rate - until United fell to pieces, and Eriksen used to cover more ground than nearly every other player in the PL at Spurs. 13km+ average per match. He’s obviously not the same player today, but he still works hard.
Bruno melts when pressed in deep areas so I hope not. That pass to Zaha was the worst of it but he regularly does something similar when under pressure in deep areas. I hope we play him as a 10,a false 9 or a roaming left Winger .

Kaushal

No matter what the stats are and no matter how much you like Bruno, my guess is ten hag knows how shit his overall game is and is not banking on him certainly not as an undisputed starter. He must know how reckless and error prone Bruno is even when he is scoring or assisting in a match, his overall display is so poor that’s why he wants Eriksen. He was at selhurst park too when Bruno gave that amazing pass to Zaha. You can’t trust such a player with such an up and down performance level and in my view he doesn’t too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nobody can be 100% as you say.

But yeah I'm pretty confident Bruno isn't being pushed to the wing for Eriksen to be a regular starter for us.

Bruno will be our best player next season. Just you watch.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nobody can be 100% as you say.

But yeah I'm pretty confident Bruno isn't being pushed to the wing for Eriksen to be a regular starter for us.

Bruno will be our best player next season. Just you watch.
I am skeptical but hopefully he does. It would mean he has added more to his game than he currently has.
But ETH has a very specific way of playing, he will need to adapt or he will find himself out of the team, it's just the way it is and that goes for every player including Ronny.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No matter what the stats are and no matter how much you like Bruno, my guess is ten hag knows how shit his overall game is and is not banking on him certainly not as an undisputed starter. He must know how reckless and error prone Bruno is even when he is scoring or assisting in a match, his overall display is so poor that’s why he wants Eriksen. He was at selhurst park too when Bruno gave that amazing pass to Zaha. You can’t trust such a player with such an up and down performance level and in my view he doesn’t too.
We can’t rely on one or two players to provide services for goalscorer, hence why the idea of signing Eriksen is required. Not because Bruno is shit in overall game. This is so common sense.

Kaushal

We can’t rely on one or two players to provide services for goalscorer, hence why the idea of signing Eriksen is required. Not because Bruno is shit in overall game. This is so common sense.
Shit might be exaggeration but you do get the point of the post. Also, it’s not just about creating chances it’s also about keeping the possession and controlling the midfield and I believe that’s why we are interested in signing Eriksen. We can’t expect to neither control the midfield nor able to build up consistent passing phase and tempo in the match when Bruno gives the ball away so cheaply all the time in almost every match.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Shit might be exaggeration but you do get the point of the post. Also, it’s not just about creating chances it’s also about keeping the possession and controlling the midfield and I believe that’s why we are interested in signing Eriksen. We can’t expect to neither control the midfield nor able to build up consistent passing phase and tempo in the match when Bruno gives the ball away so cheaply all the time in almost every match.
That point you made about Bruno doesn’t matter, because if Bruno is as good as Zidane, we still need Eriksen. So regardless, you just made irrelevant point of the reason why we want Eriksen.

Kaushal

That point you made about Bruno doesn’t matter, because if Bruno is as good as Zidane, we still need Eriksen. So regardless, you just made irrelevant point of the reason why we want Eriksen.
Irrelevant point ? Because you said so ? Only ten hag knows the relevance why he needs Eriksen not you and I, mate. I just wrote my opinion and you jumped on it deciding it’s relevancy. I never said we need Eriksen so sell Bruno. I made that point because I think ten hag would play him in Bruno’s position as he can’t trust Bruno to be so careless in possession. Not only he would provide creativity but also would be fantastic in moving and keeping the ball. I never said we need only one creative player. I never disputed what you said. I never said anything against the point you made. I don’t even know what are you arguing about ?

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone think we may stick him right wing if we get him? He played from the right at times for Spurs

He'll obviously not going to be chasing FB's back and defending but can't see how we fit him, Bruno and FDJ all in the centre of the pitch

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Anyone think we may stick him right wing if we get him? He played from the right at times for Spurs

He'll obviously not going to be chasing FB's back and defending but can't see how we fit him, Bruno and FDJ all in the centre of the pitch
I'd imagine if anyone is playing out wide it's Bruno... but ultimately I think (or hope) it'll be more a case of rotation and having different options for different games.

Also Eriksen might be slow but he does put a shift in.

Kaushal

I don’t think he has the legs for the wings plus ten hag likes to play with width but no one knows for sure at this point. But the qualities he possesses I think ten hag might appreciate those through the middle rather on the wings. If we do get Antony then definitely he would play him as a midfielder. If not then it would be interesting to see how he utilises them both.

Last edited:

Pronewbie

Peep
It’s obviously going to be a De Jong, Eriksen and Donny midfield.

Just kidding. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gives us a pass. I recall him not fancying Manchester when he moved to Inter a couple of seasons ago.

OpenIntrovert

Would he be a CM or AM?

Could be our Charlie Adam
He is a AM (Iniesta role).

As a CM we can only use him against teams where their midfield is weak, unless ETH plans to use the fullbacks to support the DM while Eriksen and another CM focuses on play progression.

OpenIntrovert

No one does but we can take logical guesses. And his logic makes sense, if we sign Eriksen obviously then we will know what the actually plans are. I think he's being signed to play a multiple of positions though
Yes this is going to be the case. Eriksen can be a AM, second striker and one of the forwards. As a CM it will be quite risky against teams with robust midfields, so the fullbacks need to support the central DM.

LuckyScout78

Having :

Raphinha RW - Eriksen RCM - De Jong DCM - Bruno LCM - Sancho LW in the team.

To deliver you consistent top service

And if you Ronaldo and Rashford don't score

Over 20 goals a season

As United CFs

Then you can only blame yourself.

Looks at the relations and situations that can happen during a match.

Raphinha ----------- down the line and 45 angle pass out or crosser from the wide---------> Ronaldo/CF

Eriksens ----------> trough passes and assist passes---------> Ronaldo

De Jong & Bruno ---------> Trough ball and assist passes-------> Ronaldo

Sancho ------- > down line on the left side and deliver 45 angle passes ----> Ronaldo

Reasons, ingredients and factors behind a CF success. You can only blame yourserlf. If you are not sharp enough infront of goals. With those 5 behind you. You will get chances and top service....consistently.

phelans shorts

Having :

Raphinha RW - Eriksen RCM - De Jong DCM - Bruno LCM - Sancho LW in the team.

To deliver you consistent top service

And if you Ronaldo and Rashford don't score

Over 20 goals a season

As United CFs

Then you can only blame yourself.

Looks at the relations and situations that can happen during a match.

Raphinha ----------- down the line and 45 angle pass out or crosser from the wide---------> Ronaldo/CF

Eriksens ----------> trough passes and assist passes---------> Ronaldo

De Jong & Bruno ---------> Trough ball and assist passes-------> Ronaldo

Sancho ------- > down line on the left side and deliver 45 angle passes ----> Ronaldo

Reasons, ingredients and factors behind a CF success. You can only blame yourserlf. If you are not sharp enough infront of goals. With those 5 behind you. You will get chances and top service....consistently.
That team would get absolutely annihilated by every single midfield on the planet. Yes, even McTominay and Fred would walk through them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I would be happy with this if we also sign Frenkie de Jong. I genuinely think a midfield 3 of Frenkie, Eriksen and Mctominay/Fred being retrained as the ball winner/more defensive role would be a huge transformation for us. In possession it would be a world of difference. Bruno i think would be moved to a wide role or rotating as a false 9, but more likely as a wide creator role (Tadić/Ziyech for his Ajax teams). We'll see. Ten Hag you know will want to play a more controlled style, so I think that's at least clearly a priority with these 2 players. Just please actually sign Frenkie and not just Eriksen...

Status
Not open for further replies.