Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Once Eriksen decides it should get done quickly and he'll presumably want to decide before his pre-season really gets going.

Abraxas

Not excited about this in any way.
Me neither. Still haven't identified a coherent argument for what the plan is with him unless Bruno is getting moved. Playing him deep in midfield is a weird idea. Oh well, ten Hag presumably has some idea.

fergies coat

Me neither. Still haven't identified a coherent argument for what the plan is with him unless Bruno is getting moved. Playing him deep in midfield is a weird idea. Oh well, ten Hag presumably has some idea.
Obviously rotation. City have a brilliant second eleven we don't. Bruno can't play every game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well the reality is I believe the reality that we didn't break our wage structure to sign him and that means £100k a week is pie in the sky fantasy but crack on fella.
You didn't need to break your wage structure just to pay salary of 4 months contract term of one player last season. No proof means just an opinion, that's the reality. Nothing to be shame to aknowledge that you don't have proof and you based it on ''what you think'' aka your opinion.

Abraxas

Obviously rotation. City have a brilliant second eleven we don't. Bruno can't play every game.
I understand that but I think coming to United to be a rotation is not really up his street. At City they're at the sharp end of competitions. Sitting on his arse for half the season while we battle for the CL places is going to make it tricky to keep him happy. I think that's what people forget about rotation options.

I don't think this can be the idea, the only sense I can see is that ETH sees a way to play both and he may be thinking of moving Bruno. Or he's got a lot more faith in De Jong/Eriksen deep than I have.

M4YON

Bruno needs serious competition, he half arsed last season. Eriksen ensure he keeps pushing to play better because ETH has someone he can play and bench him for.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He is someone that can perform the job the manager wants. We all know that Bruno will need to adapt his style of play, Eriksen allows the manager to have someone ready to go.

Longlivekeano

————McTom——Frenkie —————

——————Eriksen (playmaker)——-
or ——van De Beek / Bruno(false 9)——-

—-Antony—Ronaldo/Rashford—Sancho

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
You didn't need to break your wage structure just to pay salary of 4 months contract term of one player last season. No proof means just an opinion, that's the reality. Nothing to be shame to aknowledge that you don't have proof and you based it on ''what you think'' aka your opinion.
This is getting silly now I will leave it there.

Zed 101

if we manage to stay in Europe and the domestic cups we are talking 60 games with a world cup in the middle of the season, plenty enough for Erikse, Bruno and FDJ to share between them

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
It's like every transfer thread just has muppets arguing about absolute toss. No, actually I think Christian Eriksen has silver hair, not gray and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete gowl who knows nothing about football and should be shot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
An awful thing to say, we gave you a chance after you nearly died so pick us, classless if true.
Honestly I probably would pick them too in Eriksen's circumstances, no one else was willing to give him that chance, probably means a lot to him.

M4YON

Honestly I probably would pick them too in Eriksen's circumstances, no one else was willing to give him that chance, probably means a lot to him.
Whilst I agree, the way it was portrayed when I read it was Brentford were using it as a bargaining chip.

Codygoldsbrough

Is he not just deciding he wants an extra few days playing Playstation before he has to go back to work? I.e if he tells Ten hag yes today, I'd be thinking I don't want to start work on a Wednesday. I'll have the rest of the week off, start on Monday. Especially after the year I've had.

Bwuk

He's coming here - relax.

He only got back from his holiday yesterday.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why is this taking so long? The only reason I can think of is that eriksen is waiting to see if we sign de Jong or not. Shouldn’t take long to choose between united and Brentford. That’s like choosing between a Ferrari and a fiat.

George The Best

He’s got a lot of other considerations. He’s made a fortune already and I doubt money is an issue. Does he want the upheaval of moving the family to Manchester and the pressure-cooker environment. Can see him preferring to stay in London, and wouldn’t begrudge him for that.

crossy1686

career ending
Why is this taking so long? The only reason I can think of is that eriksen is waiting to see if we sign de Jong or not. Shouldn’t take long to choose between united and Brentford. That’s like choosing between a Ferrari and a fiat.
Because maybe he want's to evaluate all the offers available and make a decision about where he's going to uproot his family and move to?

He's said multiple times that he wants to play CL but there might not be that offer for him. Plus, the guy died last year, I'm pretty sure that kind of thing changes your decision making process in regards to what's really important in life.

Waynne

Yeah but the Ferrari has not been serviced in years and is operating on only 1 cylinder whereas the Fiat is well maintained and running reliably.

Judas

Open to offers
The ways things have gone in the last 24 hours I think we'll sign him, Ten Hag will have sweet talked him. Still must confess I'm not overly fussed either way, would be a good squad option, I just can't bring myself to get too worked up over it though.

city-puma

————McTom——Frenkie —————

——————Eriksen (playmaker)——-
or ——van De Beek / Bruno(false 9)——-

—-Antony—Ronaldo/Rashford—Sancho
Ronaldo needs to play on side or we might play two forwards.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think Eriksen will join us over Brentford. Yes, Brentford manage to stay up but it doesn't mean they won't be fighting relegation. If they are relegated, wouldn't he be looking for a new club. As long as ETH signs the right players and Eriksen see his vision, he will likely sign with us unless there is another better option.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Is he not just deciding he wants an extra few days playing Playstation before he has to go back to work? I.e if he tells Ten hag yes today, I'd be thinking I don't want to start work on a Wednesday. I'll have the rest of the week off, start on Monday. Especially after the year I've had.
Technically he is still under contract to Brentford till the 30th June. So maybe he is just being proper by not saying underthing whilst under contract to the current club?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
His Brentford contract expires tomorrow, I think the longer it runs and he doesn't sign with them, the more likely it is that he'll join us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
His Brentford contract expires tomorrow, I think the longer it runs and he doesn't sign with them, the more likely it is that he'll join us.
Just a feeling on my behalf but I think that he wants to give the Brentford manager the respect of hearing it from his own mouth that he’s chosen United to continue his career. He was on holiday till yesterday so hopefully the answer comes out soon

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Just a feeling on my behalf but I think that he wants to give the Brentford manager the respect of hearing it from his own mouth that he’s chosen United to continue his career. He was on holiday till yesterday so hopefully the answer comes out soon
That Brentford manager is going to lose it again once he hears that isn’t he? Like how he had a meltdown when we beat his team. :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Would make sense. Hopefully you're right. One way or another, i'd be surprised if we didn't find out this week.

redcucumber

That Brentford manager is going to lose it again once he hears that isn’t he? Like how he had a meltdown when we beat his team. :lol:
"But Eriksen, we absolutely destroyed them!! Little Brentford smashed them!!!... the final score? Not sure, they got incredibly lucky. We absolutely smashed them, that's the important point."

Red00012

I have a feeling this is what is happening as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully the usual flood of hype, and then the quiet before the news....

Status
Not open for further replies.