Christian Falk - United interested in signing Muller in Jan

Rajma

Much rather Coutinho, his qualities wouldn’t translate well to EPL imo and he’s far from the player he used to be...

spaceboyRSA

That ship sailed 4 years ago....

Might be interested to see him on a 6 month loan and see how that pans out. My gut tells me it would flop hard

elánius

Used to be an awesome player but now he is post his prime. Some players get older faster in football world and Mueller is one of them (same as Rooney was). He is a bench player for Bayern and he stopped scoring goals (already at last WC). Better than Lingard and Mata but not worth it.

Red_toad

He’s the complete opposite of what Ole is looking for. Agent talk to boost his profile I’d say.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Just a google search shows Inter and Ajax being linked to him. Looks like Bayern or his agent shopping around.

I wouldn't mind a loan deal until the end of the season unless he's worse than Mata now.

Alabaster Codify7

In 2019, no chance.

He's even slower than he was in his prime, he wouldn't fit this team at all either in my opinion.

settembrini

He’s the complete opposite of what Ole is looking for. Agent talk to boost his profile I’d say.
Yep. Or just journalist click bait. Second time in two days a thread has been started based on a Christian Falk tweet. When has he ever been shown to have good sources at United? All I can remember is him claiming we wanted Upamecano last summer when all the reliable journalists said we wanted Maguire or Koulibaly (and the reddit nutters said De Ligt).

arthurka

We are not after him, this is bullshit.
Werner I am sure we are looking at but him not a chance.

redshaw

Probably end up being another Bayern ornament. Dodgy as falk.

We're in a bad spot but hopefully we can find someone better.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's got the right experience and mentality that we're in need of ,and I would certainly have Muller over Mario Mandzukic if it were to come to that.
But we should be wary over 1. Bayern clearly want rid,never a good sign, and 2. He's potentially on the decline.

Still,I wouldn't be totally against this,depending on fee and contract length.
Playing wise I do think Muller could occupy the spaces in the forward line which we are sorely lacking.
Example being recently where James put in a brilliant driven cross against Liverpool on Sunday and there was literally no one in the central six yard box. We haven't got that instinctive forward and Muller,or Mandi,could give us that much needed outlet.
Also,Muller does do the one thing Ole has highlighted continually,and what he believe are our current issues in the forward line,and that is the lack of scrappy goals. 90% of Muller's goal scoring history revolves around 'scrappy goals' .
So I can see the logic in this but its probably bs anyway.

Devil81

We're not making these type of signings anymore, he's been on the decline for years so I doubt there is any truth in these rumours.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I've been a fan for years... I wonder if it is now too late. Having said that, class doesn't die (we mis-used Basti)