Christian Falk - United interested in signing Muller in Jan

RedDevilRoshi

Would be such a typical Man Utd signing.

Signing a player that is way past his best.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't believe this for one second, unless it's a loan.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We dont even need to ask much from him. We just need a player who holds the ball up well,use's it intelligently but fundamentally comes alive in the box (instinctive). James, Rashford,Greenwood and ,occasionally, Martial can do the running for most players but none of them would I class as pure goalscorers.
Scorers of good/great goals but not necessarily consistent goalscorers. Also,this is another reason why I strongly like the look of Halaand.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'd rather fork out £50m for Haaland than waste time with Müller.

For the love of god get Haaland instead

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Could be useful as a second striker / 10. Gets quite a few assists for Bayern

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Bayern are going to falk us again.

Für den Winter. :nervous:

Okey

I guess silly season is in full swing. Might even be worse than the summer madness given our struggles...

binary bot
Likely scenario: 30m for a player past his peak on a 3/4 year contract at 200k minimum.

Ive seen past the poor squad on the basis that we're restructuring. This signing would put us firmly back to the idea that we havent got a clue what we're doing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Muller and Mandzukic, wasn't Ole supposed to do a rebuild ?
To be fair, I can see the value in signing an experienced striker considering how much we’re struggling for goals, as long as we don’t start signing 30+ year olds for every position I think it can still be considered a rebuild.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Muller and Mandzukic, wasn't Ole supposed to do a rebuild ?
Whilst I don't condone those particular transfers, he always said we would need to sign young talent with also a few experienced players. So we shouldn't expect every signing to be young

MrPooni

That just makes zero sense if the West Ham part holds no relevance. By that logic, Liverpool is an upmarket West Ham.
Relax mate, it was just a casual play on the "typical West Ham signing" trope. I was simply juxtaposing their fabled transfer policy with our recent history of pissing away money on recognisable flops. It's not that deep :houllier:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I'm always wary of when Bayern have no problem letting their players leave.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Like Mandzukic, is the wrong age, but perhaps Ole and the coaching team are looking at a short term striker option, so that Martial, Rashford and Greenwood get an insight in how a quality striker performs, so in two and a half years time all three will be quality strikers (hopefully), and they will be able to help the next generation coming through.

Johan07

Sir Alex signed plenty of older players when the age structure at the club was out of order: Sheringham, Larsson, Blanc, Owen. Its not a bad thing if its the right player and its financially viable. I rather see we signed an experienced defensive midfielder in January than upfront though. But Muller can play offensive midfield as well and he is a character. I would support it if its not too expensive.

MrBest

I would take him on loan for 6 months but i Muller is probably seeking a new contract from Bayern. I can only assume a rumour has started by his agent as everyone knows we historically give people millions so use us as a bargaining chip.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I'd imagine United's name is being used to drum up interest (to what end is hard to discern, maybe Bayern/Hoeneß want to move him on and this is their way of manufacturing a market). We're not likely to approach Müller after repeatedly underlining a paradigm shift in recruitment ideology, would be very much at odds with the narrative Solskjær and Woodward are detailing. Ditto Mandzukić, unless he's being offered on loan (no obligation to buy) with Juventus subsidizing a percentage of his overall wages, like Alexis to Internazionale.