Christian Falk - United interested in signing Muller in Jan

BlackBen

What the Falk? You’ve got to be Falking kidding me. Muller is past it and exactly what we shouldn’t be looking at.

Anyway I don’t believe it because it’ll go against Ole’s “philosophy”.

Drz

Agent trying to gather interest in his client by vehiculing false claims of United interest. Nothing to see here.

Robbie Boy

Given how utterly shite we are, journos should really start using far better teams when they make stuff up.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Really fits into our new signing ethos, definitely seems plausible.

poleglass red

I don't watch german football, but his goal record last 4 seasons is dreadful. Is he playing a different role as his record prior to that was excellent. I know he was never a typical out and out centre forward, but he was always dangerous in and around the box.

romufc

If I was in Ed Woodward's shoes, I'd say to the agent if we weren't good enough for you in your prime, you are not good enough when you can't get on the bench.

Why do we keep getting linked to players who are past their best?

jackal&hyde

Surprised at all the negatives here. He can play 3 positions, striker, second striker/nr 10 (Lingard replacement) and on the right. Tons of experience and would balance the youth that we have in attack. I'd be delighted if we got him. 3 year contract and when/ if we get another AM (Maddison) Muller would be the second choice, experienced "fox" to bring in. Top professional too as far as i know.

He's a short term solution especially for this season. Sound like a Larsson type deal so count me in.

GenZRed

No thanks. Remember we were liked with him when Van Gaal was here. Mueller didn't want to move to us then so I cannot se ehi mwanting to move here now. Personally I think he is past his best as he appears to have peaked early.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've always liked him but this ship has sailed. This is a typical Woodward signing. A waste of loads of money.

Eric7C

This would probably be worse than Schweinsteiger; at least he was coming off the back of a decent world cup.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Like it or not I feel United will bring in one experienced forward in January so,here comes the inevitable question, Mandzukic,Muller or someone else ?

R'hllor

Nope...nope... then again, us going for him would be so us.

DavelinaJolie

Gotta be nonsense, this is the kind of dumb signing with no purpose that I thought we had gotten away from as of the last window.

King Andow

Makes sense, would be a typical Woodward signing. Past it? Yes. Overpaid? Yes. Come on in son, you can rotate with Lingard.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Nope...nope... then again, us going for him would be so us.
Makes sense, would be a typical Woodward signing. Past it? Yes. Overpaid? Yes. Come on in son, you can rotate with Lingard.
I've always liked him but this ship has sailed. This is a typical Woodward signing. A waste of loads of money.
And by the looks of it is something we don't want anymore. Sanchez was the last one.

King Andow

And by the looks of it is something we don't want anymore. Sanchez was the last one.
Let's hope so. I think we should go for experienced players, even 2 or 3, but the ones in their prime with no signals of decline, not the case here (if it's true).

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I wish it was true, but unfortunately i can calm you guys down. He is just playing the same game he always does when he is benched. Using you once again.

He is close with the media in Germany (especially Bild). They just help him to pressure Kovac/Bayern. Hopefully this time he won't succeed and we just tell him to falk off.

Cantonagotmehere

If he has balls and passion, bring him on. Like Manzukic (sp?) at least brings that. For the short term, just to have these types around the players sounds good to me.

Gopher Brown

Another player who seems to have no real place in our system. We’ve had too many of them over the years.

We need to sign players who fit in with the way we want to play. Where would Müller even fit in?

At least Mandzukic could play up front.

edgecutter

It would just be like Woodward to sign a player that is over the hill. Not like he hasn't done that before "cough schwiensteger cough".

Bayern are no fools when getting rid of players.

Scotty McT

Another player who seems to have no real place in our system. We’ve had too many of them over the years.

We need to sign players who fit in with the way we want to play. Where would Müller even fit in?

At least Mandzukic could play up front.
Who cares? He's a big name player. Sign now, think about those kind of small details later!

RG 11

Wouldn't mind on a end of season loan with an option to buy. Might add some extra depth and surely he's not as bad as Lingard or Mata

Lee565

No, no point living in the past, he's not the same player anymore

Hector_the_honourable

Anybody know why exactly he isn't required at Bayern anymore, i mean he's born and brought up there, he's their vice captain and it's not like he's technically inept

BavarianPride

Supports
Bayern Munich
Anybody know why exactly he isn't required at Bayern anymore, i mean he's born and brought up there, he's their vice captain and it's not like he's technically inept
He has always been technically inept, he can only play the position behind Lewandowski properly, now we have Coutinho, who has been benched in Barca for a long time and needs playtime. The other position Müller can play is on the right wing, where he is horrible. And, most important, since some time he does not score that much anymore.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Last week the rumour was that Liverpool wanted him in January. Being offered to any takers it seems

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He has exactly the right attributes we need for a player(good finisher, excellent positioning etc) but he has deteriorated a lot in the last two years.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No point of signing him if we haven't sort out our midfield. We need more creative player on the pitch who can play good forward passes penetrate opposition midfield & defense.

His style is not in his skills, technique & physical attribute to beat players. He's going to make those good run & playing good one two but no one will find him and we will play the ball back backward and end up to our centre back feet.

Beside, Muller's day has gone. He is no longer the same player. End product has been off & he's probably going to ask crazy amount of wages.

Needham

Surely the success of James and Wan Bissaka is an object experienced-based lesson in how we should proceed. Quit hunting the old crocs!

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Once again we seem to be linked with a host of ageing, past their prime players, such as Muller, Mandzukic, Ozil, Bale etc.....
I hope that this is nothing more than hack newspapers regurgitating old rumours and that there is no substance to any of this....:rolleyes: