Christian Falk - United interested in signing Muller in Jan

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's finished, steer clear.
He's not finished but he does not have much left. Also he doesn't play the same role at Bayern as he did 5 years ago. Might fit our squad but only if we also get like 3 good midfielders/attackers to come with him.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He would be disastrous for us right now. Steer clear. We need faster more skillful players that fit the way we try to "attack"

Drz

Most likely. I wonder have we enquired about a January loan though
I'd say unlikely we've even enquired about a loan. Under Ole, I think the M.O is to do things totally under the radar, and instruction to any players' agent would be not to generate unnecessary noise if we are talking.
Papers of course can have anonymous sources not directly linked to the transaction that can be right, but a player's agent coming out in public with our interest if we truly are interested is just going to be counterproductive because that would be held against them in negociations (atleast I would tell said agent and his player to jog on if I were initially interested).
The agent can only be believed, if the clubs are in advanced stages of negociation, where there is a verbal agreement with said player and a general verbal agreement on where abouts the valuation of said player stands with the club.

I'd be curious to know how many on here actually forgot Thomas Muller still existed until his agent came out with "this news". In all honesty I had totally forgotten about him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'd say unlikely we've even enquired about a loan. Under Ole, I think the M.O is to do things totally under the radar, and instruction to any players' agent would be not to generate unnecessary noise if we are talking.
Papers of course can have anonymous sources not directly linked to the transaction that can be right, but a player's agent coming out in public with our interest if we truly are interested is just going to be counterproductive because that would be held against them in negociations (atleast I would tell said agent and his player to jog on if I were initially interested).
The agent can only be believed, if the clubs are in advanced stages of negociation, where there is a verbal agreement with said player and a general verbal agreement on where abouts the valuation of said player stands with the club.

I'd be curious to know how many on here actually forgot Thomas Muller still existed until his agent came out with "this news". In all honesty I had totally forgotten about him.
Yeah I used to rate him but I can’t say that I’ve seen much of him in the last 2 years. The only way this would happen is if Ed feels he needs to show that we’re still a name that can attract ‘stars’. I’d much rather we picked up Wilson and Werner (Chelsea been linked to both today).

IF and it’s a bid IF we want someone experienced on a loan I’d try for Diego Costa

Drz

Yeah I used to rate him but I can’t say that I’ve seen much of him in the last 2 years. The only way this would happen is if Ed feels he needs to show that we’re still a name that can attract ‘stars’. I’d much rather we picked up Wilson and Werner (Chelsea been linked to both today).

IF and it’s a bid IF we want someone experienced on a loan I’d try for Diego Costa
For experience, I have always admired Mandzukich from a far so don't have a problem if he was the one targeted. For a workhorse I always find him deceptively technical with an uncanny ability for being at the right place at the right time for his team. I'd classify him a notch or two under Lewandoski. But he does share some similar traits with the later, and also Miraslav Klose.

Last edited:

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Came to United to play tennis.
Rather go to Dubai and feck Ivanovic while leeching off millions of euros from the club. Didn't Rooney try having a word with him for his disgraceful behaviour at the time? But he kept on saying how big a fan of United he is, absolute prick. Stay well clear of another one ffs.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Came to United to play tennis.
Rather go to Dubai and feck Ivanovic while leeching off millions of euros from the club. Didn't Rooney try having a word with him for his disgraceful behaviour at the time? But he kept on saying how big a fan of United he is, absolute prick. Stay well clear of another one ffs.
And yet, Jose said he regretted how he handled him. Guess you know more than he did.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
thats what I wanted to say. somehow messed can and can't up. There is no way that he leaves mid season.
EIther its just random media blabber or Müllers people look around due to his current role as sub.
I guess that’s what it is. He’s just trying to force himself back into the line up. Can’t see him leaving and don’t think we want to sell.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Way before Mou cut ties with him he was time and again in Dubai and other places following his new love Ivanovic. Could have pulled a Ronaldo and concentrated on football but he was only in it for the money at United. Absolutely had it coming what the club and Mou did to him.

I can see Muller trying to step into his footsteps. His wife is Bavarian and into horses, can see her staying put and Muller trying as often as he can to be back in Bavaria. Could be the same thing all other again, ffs don't do it, Ed.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Personally I think a loan would make more sense.
Agreed. A loan till the end of the season
Just because it didn't work out with Alexis we should not close our mind.
But. It really depends on who else is available.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
30 is not old for goodness sake
Age is relative and Müller is looking a little old to me. Schweinsteiger was old when you guys went for him, too. Think of it as mileage rather than age.

starman

Age is relative and Müller is looking a little old to me. Schweinsteiger was old when you guys went for him, too. Think of it as mileage rather than age.
Schweinsteiger had a couple of major injuries though before joining United, I can't recall Muller having a major one

Judas

Open to offers
I've been a fan for years... I wonder if it is now too late. Having said that, class doesn't die (we mis-used Basti)
No we didn't. I had no idea that bloke still had apologists on here, but clearly he does. Injury prone, half arsed and average on the pitch. He made all the PR noises to fool people with his little tweets and instagram posts, seems like it worked.

GoldanoGraham

This is just pure agent driven speculation to get him some spotlight at Bayern....

He would be completely the wrong type of player/personality for Utd - he was a good and very effective player a few years back but his best is behind him.

we’ve learned now from our past mistakes - only players on an upward curve from now on - not someone looking for one last big payday

we need players with drive and hunger - and pace!

BigLebowski007

I also think that it's just agent trying to get some attention for his player. And he definitely isn't the type of player which would suit Ole's style.
I really hope this one doesn't happen (because i also really don't like him).

Would take Mandžukić over him every time.

redpatron

30 is not old for goodness sake
he's been playing top flight football for 10 plus years now, with international games he's logging 60 games a year. He isn't a Zlatan or Ronaldo with elite athleticism and blessed with physical gifts. It's Like Rooney when he hit 30, this guy is finished as a top player.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
No we didn't. I had no idea that bloke still had apologists on here, but clearly he does. Injury prone, half arsed and average on the pitch. He made all the PR noises to fool people with his little tweets and instagram posts, seems like it worked.
never saw his social media... but I did see his passion

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Remember when we were trying to sign him for 100m a few years ago!