Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

Craig Ward

I was surprised the few was as low as it was (I admit I wasn't aware of his contract being up in 2020 though).

In todays market, I think this is cheap for a young talent (Richarlison was 50m).

He'll do well, with Hazard still flirting with RM and Willian/Pedro not really doing much this is a positive move for Chelsea.

Chelsea will be very active in the next 2 windows I think.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Not had a great season obviously and i only watched him a few times last season but.. Remember posting in his thread and i wanted him badly. Was such a clever and creative player. I think he will turn out to be a very good signing for them.

Loublaze

ATLien
Of course it’s a risk, but he’s a very talented player, with CL experience and only 20. We paid 50m for an ordinary midfielder that we didn’t even need for example, and who came from Ukraine, while Dortmund is a big club. I think Chelsea got a very good deal, and we’ll live to regret it, unless we buy Sancho, which I doubt we will.
Live to regret? The club would only 'regret' anything if they actually mulled over signing him but how can we know that? Dortmund are a big club but they are also a selling club so that has no significance. Fred has more CL experience than Pulisic and Shakhtar Donetsk have been CL regulars for years now. Pulisic has 14 goals for Dortmund in 115 apps, there's a big chance of him flopping in England tbh. Chelsea need a striker more than anything else at the moment

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Live to regret? The club would only 'regret' anything if they actually mulled over signing him but how can we know that? Dortmund are a big club but they are also a selling club so that has no significance. Fred has more CL experience than Pulisic and Shakhtar Donetsk have been CL regulars for years now. Pulisic has 14 goals for Dortmund in 115 apps, there's a big chance of him flopping in England tbh. Chelsea need a striker more than anything else at the moment
I wouldn't look at goals to decide whether Pulisic is a worthwhile signing or not. That's not the only metric to go for a player, especially one who's not a striker. That being said, you're right that Chelsea also need a striker but they're not looking for Pulisic to be a solution to that problem. It's a good signing in today's market, I'm excited to see how he develops in the Premier League over the next 2-3 years.

Loublaze

ATLien
I wouldn't look at goals to decide whether Pulisic is a worthwhile signing or not. That's not the only metric to go for a player, especially one who's not a striker. That being said, you're right that Chelsea also need a striker but they're not looking for Pulisic to be a solution to that problem. It's a good signing in today's market, I'm excited to see how he develops in the Premier League over the next 2-3 years.
He's an attacking player so why would you overlook goals? He also has very few assists. Pulisic is a talented youngster but he's been overhyped.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's an attacking player so why would you overlook goals? He also has very few assists. Pulisic is a talented youngster but he's been overhyped.
We'll see how he develops. There are certain players that are incredible players but it doesn't necessarily translates into stats, such as Iniesta. He is overhyped because he is American, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have the potential to be a great player. For that price, he's completely worth the risk. I know if I was a United fan, I would have wanted him at the club for that price.

L1nk

Lingard wasn't even half the player Pulisic was at his age and now people on here are spunking over him like he's the second coming despite not exactly being great, yet apparently Pulisic is a waste of money or not good enough like he can't improve. He would of vastly improved and made our attack more dynamic, the fee is high but you know damn well that not only does he have the attributes to become a quality player, but tapping into that American market would of paid dividends for anyone that got him.

I wish everyone would stop banging on about Jadon Sancho, you complain when Ed wastes time chasing unrealistic targets yet constantly bang on about us going for Jadon Sancho this summer, the sale of Pulisic already put the 20th nail into a coffin that's undoubtedly already glued, welded, and nailed shut, the fact is Dortmund won't sell him at this point, no matter how much you might say Dortmund are a selling club, despite most of their big sales coming from run down contracts like Gotze, they would no doubt only take an unrealistic amount going into the triple digits and nobody is going to pay that. Not to mention Dortmund are competing on levels we are only dreaming of at the moment so why the hell would Sancho come here, not to mention he was a Blue. Jadon. Sancho. Isn't. Coming. Here.

Pulisic WAS readily available, i'm a bit gutted we passed on him, we've been crying out for something on that right but we pass up another good opportunity again, hopefully we got something up our sleeve and he flops for Chelsea.

forevrared

He's like a younger, faster, stronger version of Mata. I think he'd have been perfect here. Gutted for the US team though, we needed him to stay in a good situation.

RedIke

Super cool being American and having this American kid sign for a team like that even though I hate it.

But fact is, Sancho is better and put him on the bench. That's the Dortmund player worth splurging on.

Also, too many times have we seen players at Dortmund light it up, move on and not live up to what they did there.

RedTiger

Half mast
Lingard wasn't even half the player Pulisic was at his age and now people on here are spunking over him like he's the second coming despite not exactly being great, yet apparently Pulisic is a waste of money or not good enough like he can't improve. He would of vastly improved and made our attack more dynamic, the fee is high but you know damn well that not only does he have the attributes to become a quality player, but tapping into that American market would of paid dividends for anyone that got him.

I wish everyone would stop banging on about Jadon Sancho, you complain when Ed wastes time chasing unrealistic targets yet constantly bang on about us going for Jadon Sancho this summer, the sale of Pulisic already put the 20th nail into a coffin that's undoubtedly already glued, welded, and nailed shut, the fact is Dortmund won't sell him at this point, no matter how much you might say Dortmund are a selling club, despite most of their big sales coming from run down contracts like Gotze, they would no doubt only take an unrealistic amount going into the triple digits and nobody is going to pay that. Not to mention Dortmund are competing on levels we are only dreaming of at the moment so why the hell would Sancho come here, not to mention he was a Blue. Jadon. Sancho. Isn't. Coming. Here.

Pulisic WAS readily available, i'm a bit gutted we passed on him, we've been crying out for something on that right but we pass up another good opportunity again, hopefully we got something up our sleeve and he flops for Chelsea.
Ryan giggs was blue once

Jezpeza

Yeah. I’d be surprised if city don’t have a buy back clause on sancho as well. I do think Pulisic would have been a good shout. Chelsea signing him isn’t much different to when we signed martial if we are honest. With the lack of respect Was also gutted we didn’t have a go for Malcom in the summer. Or punt 12m on Shaqiri. Maybe we can have a go at Leon bailey but hear he’s dropped off this season. We are desperate for a right winger. Douglas costa is mooted but I think he’s too close to being over the hills. Any bundesliga experts on here?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Good deal for Dortmund. He's always more over-hyped for what I've seen him actual deliver on the pitch. He's only 20 so its possible he can reach his hype but I'm not really seeing it at the moment. It is worrying that Chelsea is so active though in the market showing ambition. Good for the Chelsea fans though.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Marketing alone will make up the transfer fee they paid for him.

On the pitch, he may surprise me if he does very well for them. Since there is so little expectation, I feel that he might come of as a great signing for them.

But, if they loose Odoi because of him, Chelsea should be the laughingstock of transfer muppets.

Last edited:

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I honestly never got this reasoning. Both are capable of playing on both wings so they never really canceled each other out. With Reus playing exclusively in the middle under Favre there are always two spots left for grabs. Pulisic´ bigger problem is not Sancho, but that Favre values Larsen very highly and that Guerreiro put on impressive (better) better performances on the offensive wing so this is the competition Pulisic can´t get ahead right now.
I think his biggest problem in terms of playing time was that everyone in charge knew already that he is going to leave the club very soon. So why integrate and develop a player which is gone already? Better give the time to others such as Sancho, Larsen etc. Had this feeling this whole season.

If he wasn't going to leave, he would have played much more. But still i think he's a bit overrated. Never really got the fuss about him. Sancho and Dembele are much bigger talents.

Last edited:

Kostov

I meant live to regret on missing out on a potential world class player in a position we are desperately short. Dortmund are a selling club, but usually sell on their terms, as the Dembele transfer from last year demonstrated. And they are surely a bigger club than Shakhtar and are more difficult to deal with. Fred does have more experience, but is also 5-6 years older. Pulisic does have week numbers, but even when he was one of the hottest properties last year, his numbers were not great. He does offer a unique set of skills, similar to Hazard in my opinion, which interestingly his numbers can often be not so great.

And I agree that Chelsea needed a striker more than anything else, but similar we needed a RW last summer and went on and bought a CM, which is why I think we should have been in for Pulisic.

RAVred

Chelsea got robbed... I honestly would rather the likes of Zaha then Pulisic, especially for that kind of price. Over hyped because hes american but a good player

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Hes a good player but mostly potential currently other than actual world beating. If he develops to his max level he can be the best US player in history

What a better place to fulfill his potential than Chelsea? :angel:

ken11

Super cool being American and having this American kid sign for a team like that even though I hate it.

But fact is, Sancho is better and put him on the bench. That's the Dortmund player worth splurging on.

Also, too many times have we seen players at Dortmund light it up, move on and not live up to what they did there.
Utd probably have "Kagawa-hangover".

Loublaze

ATLien
I meant live to regret on missing out on a potential world class player in a position we are desperately short. Dortmund are a selling club, but usually sell on their terms, as the Dembele transfer from last year demonstrated. And they are surely a bigger club than Shakhtar and are more difficult to deal with. Fred does have more experience, but is also 5-6 years older. Pulisic does have week numbers, but even when he was one of the hottest properties last year, his numbers were not great. He does offer a unique set of skills, similar to Hazard in my opinion, which interestingly his numbers can often be not so great.

And I agree that Chelsea needed a striker more than anything else, but similar we needed a RW last summer and went on and bought a CM, which is why I think we should have been in for Pulisic.
I want Pulisic to succeed because he's a fellow American but he hasn't shown enough for me to think he could be potentially world class. I don't think Chelsea is a good fit for him either. We shall see

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Not seen enough of him to judge, he stood out when he came on and scored against us in pre season looked decent then but I don't think we were really in for him anyway. Klopp probably knew Dortmund would want another Leipzig/Keita type deal dragged out so dropped the interest straight away. We'll either try again for Fekir or Klopp will give Wilson his chance next season.

Mick321

Sarri :

"I didn't know anything about Pulisic yesterday. The club asked my opinion about him one month ago. My opinion was positive and today I've known that the deal is done."

Can see this ending well! :lol:

Bojan11

Sarri :

"I didn't know anything about Pulisic yesterday. The club asked my opinion about him one month ago. My opinion was positive and today I've known that the deal is done."

Can see this ending well! :lol:
Why?

Sarri doesn’t really have a lot of say in signings. He was like that at Napoli. He just works with what he’s got.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
What is Chelsea doing?? I mean, Pulisic is a good player, but is not close to being a 70 million euros player. Dybala was bought by Juve by less than half of that FFS.

This has to be mainly a commercial move to gain the growing and very lucrative american market, otherwise I dont know how that price tag is justified.

RedIke

Utd probably have "Kagawa-hangover".
Kagawa/Mikhi hangover.

I envision it going somethin like this.... Sarri goes in 2-3 years, what's the new manager going to do with him? He'll just get lost in the shuffle, and move on from the Chavs to another European mid level club. Rinse and repeat.

Runner

Chelsea didn't get robbed. They'll make a fortune off his kit sales in America.

cyberman

Its a myth, even then its 60m for a 20 year old substitute who has stagnated with one year left on his contract.
Many Dortmund shirts sold in America? Why would Chelsea be any different?

Runner

Its a myth, even then its 60m for a 20 year old substitute who has stagnated with one year left on his contract.
Many Dortmund shirts sold in America? Why would Chelsea be any different?
I can't predict the future but Chelsea have made some excellent deals in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow made this work.

cyberman

I can't predict the future but Chelsea have made some excellent deals in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow made this work.
They've signed Torres and David Luiz. Twice!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I doubt it. Maybe in a few years if he becomes a world beater. But you honestly see VERY few shirts with names out here. Also the vast majority of people who care about it THAT much are Latinos, and they tend to follow the big Latin players more than anyone. There’ll be a little fanfare on NBC here when he first plays, but honestly this isn’t going to be a huge deal.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

He has talent to make it. He will make Chelsea money back on shirt sales, young American kids seeing the best American player in Chelsea kids growing up are going to become Chelsea fans because of him the same way I became a United fan as a boy because of Ronaldo.