Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

pascell

I think he'll be one of Chelsea bright points of the season by the end of it. Hard coming into a game like that with OT bouncing.

It doesn't matter a jiffy if he's a United fan, plenty of United fans and ex-players have had blinding performances against us, Heaton comes to mind and Morrison (think it was him) the CM from West Brom, he used to play a good game at OT.

Chipper

Adulterer.
How's he Pu-li-sick and not Pu-li-sich? Yesterday was the first time I've heard anyone say his name.

Edit: I see the same conversation happened on this thread 2 years ago. There's nothing like being up to date.

Nick7

How's he Pu-li-sick and not Pu-li-sich? Yesterday was the first time I've heard anyone say his name.

Edit: I see the same conversation happened on this thread 2 years ago. There's nothing like being up to date.
pu-li-sick sounds so so so bad.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I once read he uses "-sick" because he he feels American rather than Croatian.

izec

It should be Pulisic, like Perisic or Mandzukic, since he is from Croatian descent. But i guess growing up in America they americanized it, and now it is with k at the back. I guess people couldnt pronounce it the correct way and then at some point they stopped maybe telling how it is really and then went with the american way, since they cant be bothered. Or they psuhed for it to be pronounced like that, being American and not feeling more Croatian?

On Pulisic, he was great initially, but the last year or two werent great for him. Very incosnistent and i feel he lacks the output and decision making. His dribbling and technique were always great. Still plenty of work to do with him and develop him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That original tweet was always going to backfire, anyone who saw AWB's stats from last season will know better wingers than Pulisic have tried and failed to get the better of AWB

izec

He absolutely skinned AWB at one point but immediately got fouled by another Man United player.
yeah by Pogba. That was also the only time i noticed Pulisik, went into a hiding after getting a warm welcome to the PL.

peridigm

He absolutely skinned AWB at one point but immediately got fouled by another Man United player.
It looked like Pogba was stood still and Pulisic ran into him but maybe Pogba shifted into his path. I couldn't tell from my armchair.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I may be wrong but I feel like he will have a Kagawa impact. Not a bad player but too small to have a real impact for a whole season. Willian seems like their best attacking player right now and that says something.

Mick1

I’d be surprised if even 5% of those at Old Trafford knew Pulisic was a United fan.
Old Trafford crowd is not as clueless as you might think. Especially the last few years when the trophies have been drying up, we get less glory hunters and more genuine fans, who put on the effort of keeping up with the team s news and rumors.

NinjaFletch

Old Trafford crowd is not as clueless as you might think. Especially the last few years when the trophies have been drying up, we get less glory hunters and more genuine fans, who put on the effort of keeping up with the team s news and rumors.
Yeah, nah, nobody would have given a feck about who a random American player playing in Germany supports.

Classical Mechanic

He did well last night. Decent assist and good finish on his disallowed goal. The high Liverpool back line played into his hands though. I think he'll struggle against more compact sides as he's quite weak on the ball. He looks like he needs space to operate.

Renegade

I may be wrong but I feel like he will have a Kagawa impact. Not a bad player but too small to have a real impact for a whole season. Willian seems like their best attacking player right now and that says something.
Too small? I haven’t paid too much attention to his build but isn’t he bigger than both Willian,Mount & Pedro?

TheReligion

Abusive
Don't be dramatic. He outpaced him briefly. Hardly an absolute skinning when he'd just come on and was fresh!

He looks a good player though.

Bogga

Regarding the pronounciation... if the name is americanised I suppose it could be said "sick". But if he pronounces it like it's "supposed" then it should be "sitj/sich"...

Vidick, Matick, Ibrahimovick... yeah right :lol:

Sad we didn't go for him though as he fits the current transfer system. Young and would give everything for the club since he wants to be here (the last part is a guess since he's supposed to be a fan)

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
I was gutted that Liverpool didn't sign him, as he would have been an ideal player to rotate in our front three.

I think his style of play will be more suited to the Premier League than the Bundesliga and he will be a really good signing for Chelsea.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I was gutted that Liverpool didn't sign him, as he would have been an ideal player to rotate in our front three.

I think his style of play will be more suited to the Premier League than the Bundesliga and he will be a really good signing for Chelsea.
That's the negative of having such a world class undisputed starting front 3, no one of real note will join to (atleast for the forseeable future) play back up. Spurs have the same problem trying to find cover for Kane.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He absolutely rinsed him to the point of humiliation. Don't worry though, AWB is a decent prospect despite all the criticism he gets on here.
Just a shame we never saw him again after that :smirk:

All jokes aside he looks a good player, especially seems to suit your high press that Lampard seems wanting to play.

I think with Giroud being the target man and having Pulisic/Pedro/Mount buzzing behind him will be pretty good. Early days yet without Hazard but things don't seem quite as glum as first feared.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We should have signed him. No idea why did we let him go to Chelsea. Putting all eggs in Sancho basket I guess.

Superunknown

Looks like the type of player that Chelsea need right now. I think he'll be an important player for them. It's very early days for him at the club, but it's a promising start. For the Premier League, it's good to have these kinds of exciting players.

Alabaster Codify7

This is the worst possible season and scenario for Pulisic to come into Chelsea!

All eyes on him as their only signing. And a big-money one, too. New to the league. A threadbare, poor Chelsea squad due to the transfer ban. Manager having to make the best of it while also learning his trade in the PL.
Chelsea fans need to pray he's made of stern stuff and can take some stick from the media.