Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

TheReligion

Abusive
Juve want Jorginho. Milan & PSG are looking at Bakayoko. Drinkwater will go on loan or rot in the reserves, it makes no difference.

Pedro & Willian are going. Giroud signed a one year extension. Kante is an interesting one; if Real Madrid are actually going to offer €90m we should probably take it.
Good luck with that post COVID-19.

So Werner, Giroud and Tammy for one spot? Poor lad. That's killed him.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
CHO and Tammy are being blocked and put on the bench. Both big money contracts. Mount will have to rotate and RLC will be anonymous.
CHO was never off the bench in the first place - he'd be going from being 4th winger to 3rd. How is this so hard for you to understand? He'll be closer to the first team next season!

Mount isn't going to have to rotate; he's played every game for us. He's first choice. RLC is still recovering from a torn achilles so even if he's anonymous that's a hell of a lot better than being on the treatment table.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Post lockdown him and Rice have been the most improved/best players tbf. Doing well and can be a very important player for Chelsea.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Another decent thread being derailed with tangents and what ifs.

That was a fantastic goal from Pulisic's "weaker" foot. Good seeing him stepping up since the return. Long may it continue.
Agreed.

He's growing in influence. He does have the tendency go through lengthy periods being completely anonymous but I suspect it's something he can improve with experience.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
It's your fans dream addition.. but it relegates your youth players to the doldrums.
If they good enough they kick on like lampard did when big names were walking through the door.
Id hate to have average youth like jlingz be the reason we dont sign top players.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Ye
If they good enough they kick on like lampard did when big names were walking through the door.
Id anteve average youth like jlingz be the reason we dont sign top players.
Preety much this, imagine not signing Bruno because we have jlinz and Pereira (this actually happened), or Maguire because we have Phil Jones, TFM and Tuanzebe. Makes no sense does it?
Regardless how good our youngsters have been, they still require a level of competition in order to keep progressing. If they can't beat out competition in a team aiming for a league title then they should not be there or should be content the reduced roles.

TheReligion

Abusive
Id hate to have average youth like jlingz be the reason we dont sign top players.
I'd also hate to sign the likes of Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Kovacic and Jorginho for big money only to come to the conclusion they all want replacing because I thought they were 'top players'.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ye

Preety much this, imagine not signing Bruno because we have jlinz and Pereira (this actually happened), or Maguire because we have Phil Jones, TFM and Tuanzebe. Makes no sense does it?
Regardless how good our youngsters have been, they still require a level of competition in order to keep progressing. If they can't beat out competition in a team aiming for a league title then they should not be there or should be content the reduced roles.
It's called giving players opportunities. Something quite alien to Chelsea where your longest serving player is still going out on loan and you have the likes of Van Ginkle sat on the books.

Perhaps we hang on to our younger players for too long at times but we always have them in and around the first team squad. It's much more cost effective than constantly knee jerking for signings only to realise they have cost a fortune and aren't good enough. See Chelsea.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I'd also hate to sign the likes of Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Kovacic and Jorginho for big money only to come to the conclusion they all want replacing because I thought they were 'top players'.
Yes far better to let them stagnate in the squad and sign them to contract extensions like Mata, Bailly, Phil Jones, Alexis Sanchez, Marcos Rojo, etc.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes far better to let them stagnate in the squad and sign them to contract extensions like Mata, Bailly, Phil Jones, Alexis Sanchez, Marcos Rojo, etc.
When did they all sign contract extensions? Must have missed it. Give van Ginkle and Piazon another few years though. And CHO and Tammy £130k. That'll fix it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's called giving players opportunities. Something quite alien to Chelsea where your longest serving player is still going out on loan and you have the likes of Van Ginkle sat on the books.

Perhaps we hang on to our younger players for too long at times but we always have them in and around the first team squad. It's much more cost effective than constantly knee jerking for signings only to realise they have cost a fortune and aren't good enough. See Chelsea.
And i hope you carry on giving opportunity's to the likes of Lingard, McTominay, Jones and Perreira (and whoever their next equivalent's are) for many years to come, suits us just fine!

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Lasted a lot longer than 60 million di maria did.

Glorio

Really good player - great on the counter and great dribbler. Definitely been impressed by him - looks like Chelsea's best player

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
When did they all sign contract extensions? Must have missed it. Give van Ginkle and Piazon another few years though. And CHO and Tammy £130k. That'll fix it.
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/phil-jones-signs-new-contract-with-manchester-united

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/premier-league/juan-mata-renueva-con-united-7510456

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/eric-bailly-thankful-for-man-united-contract-extension

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/marcos-rojo-signs-new-contract-at-manchester-united

At least you haven't signed Sanchez to one. Still almost managed to force Martial out in signing him, mind.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I was just curious how you fit all these big money players in when some here tell us you're all about youth now a days and it wasn't just forced on you.

Leopard never changes it spots!

If you were curious as to how Pulisic would impact Chelsea's other young players, you would've asked when we signed Pulisic, which was more than a year ago.

You're wumming because a Chelsea player is doing well.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
You only just recently got rid of the likes of young smalling fellani etc who were on big wages for years.

TheReligion

Abusive
And i hope you carry on giving opportunity's to the likes of Lingard, McTominay, Jones and Perreira (and whoever their next equivalent's are) for many years to come, suits us just fine!
If you don't see the value and development in Mctominay then you're a bit blinkered. He's been great the past 12 months and offers much more than the alleged wonder kid RLC..

The other three will be moved on and have had a fair crack at the whip. Lingard and Andreas cost us nothing by the way, nor did Mctominay, so your point is a little mute.

Pagh Wraith

Kovačić is a weird inclusion when he has arguably been Chelsea's best player this season. Before the break at least.

TheReligion

Abusive
If you were curious as to how Pulisic would impact Chelsea's other young players, you would've asked when we signed Pulisic, which was more than a year ago.

You're wumming because a Chelsea player is doing well.
Not really. I'm just trying to bring you lot back down to earth from talking shit. CHO is apparently a generational talent in the other thread and being mentioned with Greenwood and in here you're signing Havertz but still having the space to play all your academy gems you've been telling us about the past few months.

The reality is your back to buying under Roman and the youth project isn't really a project. It was just a stop gap. Just call it how it is. Instead you all get bitchy and try and have a go at United and Sancho amongst other non comparable things!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Thought he was going to be a flop but he’s a quality player.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wouldn’t say he’s ‘improved’ loads to what he was before. He’s just getting more game-time.
I'd say he was hugely promising before and now he's got people wondering who to leave out if United buy Sancho.

edit: I'll stop derailing..
Enjoy Pulisic

TheReligion

Abusive
Who almost forced Martial out? I'm lost here.

Again what point are you trying to make again? Or are you just deflecting from the initial argument that youre blocking pathways to the first team for young players by spending on new first team players?

And you also have a huge squad of expensive players you need to get rid of?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Not really. I'm just trying to bring you lot back down to earth from talking shit. CHO is apparently a generational talent in the other thread and being mentioned with Greenwood and in here you're signing Havertz but still having the space to play all your academy gems you've been telling us about the past few months.

The reality is your back to buying under Roman and the youth project isn't really a project. It was just a stop gap. Just can it how it is. Instead you all get bitchy and try and have a go at United and Sancho amongst other non comparable things!
This is the Pulisic thread.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's much better than I thought he'd be.

To be honest, I don't think anyone could have foreseen this progression. He wasn't this good at Dortmund or even for the US prior to this season.

forevrared

That's sort of a stretch. He was the first of 4 - so at the time it was a bit like us potentially signing Sancho. There was a legitimate need in the squad after the departure of Hazard.

Now, instead of giving him a chance with the players Chelsea developed - they're seemingly being cast aside for more big money signings in Werner (sorry, Tammy), Ziyech (thanks for sticking around Callum, but you're no longer needed), and likely Havertz (job done, Mason).

TheReligion

Abusive
That's sort of a stretch. He was the first of 4 - so at the time it was a bit like us potentially signing Sancho. There was a legitimate need in the squad after the departure of Hazard.

Now, instead of giving him a chance with the players Chelsea developed - they're seemingly being cast aside for more big money signings in Werner (sorry, Tammy), Ziyech (thanks for sticking around Callum, but you're no longer needed), and likely Havertz (job done, Mason).
Don't. You'll upset them and they'll start suggesting it's only the same as United signing Sancho and moving Greenwood into rotation.. I mean it's identical. Right.?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

The reality is your back to buying under Roman and the youth project isn't really a project. It was just a stop gap. Just can it how it is. Instead you all get bitchy and try and have a go at United and Sancho amongst other non comparable things!
Yes, us putting exactly one academy player (who no one has described as a generational talent literally ever) on the bench is very different from you putting generational talent Greenwood on the bench.

Who almost forced Martial out? I'm lost here.

Again what point are you trying to make again? Or are you just deflecting from the initial argument that youre blocking pathways to the first team for young players by spending on new first team players?

And you also have a huge squad of expensive players you need to get rid of?
You for some reason are arguing that it's bad for Chelsea to sell players who turn out to be poor fits. I am pointing out that it's far better to act decisively to get rid of these players because their minutes can go to academy players as opposed to extending mediocre first teamers who bloat the wage bill and actually function to block opportunities. Would you still be losing Angel Gomes if Juan Mata's minutes had gone to him? Unlikely.

Rossa

For some reason young speed demon Daniel James seems to have vanished from the memories of United fan, youth product Andreas Pereira is to be shipped out TFM and Tuanzebe, unlike Angel Gomes, extended their contracts and are still patiently waiting for their chance as the 80m man strolls in and amazing wing back Diogo Dalot got replaced in a season.
But let's talk about Chelsea buying players and blocking progress of youngsters.
So Chelsea is as good as United at using Academy players? As you were. Pereira isn’t good enough. Which academy player sid Dalot block? Tuanzebe is a CB and who knows about tfm.

Not acknowledging that United have historically and currently a much better record at using academy players than Chelsea is just silly.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Ziyech is replacing Willian. CHO goes from 4th to 3rd winger with Pedro gone. Mount would play alongside Havertz who is Barkley's replacement. Tammy is the only one likely to lose significant minutes.

Rossa

Yes, us putting exactly one academy player (who no one has described as a generational talent literally ever) on the bench is very different from you putting generational talent Greenwood on the bench.

You for some reason are arguing that it's bad for Chelsea to sell players who turn out to be poor fits. I am pointing out that it's far better to act decisively to get rid of these players because their minutes can go to academy players as opposed to extending mediocre first teamers who bloat the wage bill and actually function to block opportunities. Would you still be losing Angel Gomes if Juan Mata's minutes had gone to him? Unlikely.
Who says Greenwood is going to the bench? Four options for three spots means rotation. Greenwood is not really a rw like Sancho. Sancho would be fillibg a void in the squad. Greenwood will be competing with Martial and even Dancho. Four top players, five counting James, is not many for three positions.
Chelsea have a record of selling players that do really well at other clubs - United not so much.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Who says Greenwood is going to the bench? Four options for three spots means rotation. Greenwood is not really a rw like Sancho. Sancho would be fillibg a void in the squad. Greenwood will be competing with Martial and even Dancho. Four top players, five counting James, is not many for three positions.
Chelsea have a record of selling players that do really well at other clubs - United not so much.
He's not starting ahead of Sancho. But yes, this is exactly what I've been saying the whole time - Chelsea would have 3 players for 2 winger spots - that means rotation. It's not a bad thing; if a young player has the right mentality then they can learn and grow and improve. My point is that it's hypocritical to say that this is a huge problem for Chelsea when if United had their way you'd do exactly the same thing.