Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe in the transfer forum - the football season is truly over for you.
Oh trust me, I've seen the carnage that is that forum. I feel like Simba when Mufasa is telling him to not go into the elephant graveyard - it's no place for a young prince / fan of analytical assessment!

Gazza

She really was tremendous at her job. Don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as she was sacked we were plagued by injuries. Mourinho's treatment of her was utterly shameful.

Appreciate the sentiment and agreed with your post - for me Greenwood is in the same bucket! I reckon we might be the two most exciting sides to watch next year and frankly I can't wait. Here's hoping Pulisic can be fit for next year and that all of ours stay injury-free given the compressed schedule.
Didn't the club also back Mourinho at the time? Eva ended up suing Chelsea, not Mourinho, didn't she? From what I remember (and I might be wrong) it wasn't only Mourinho who she called out.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't the club also back Mourinho at the time? Eva ended up suing Chelsea, not Mourinho, didn't she? From what I remember (and I might be wrong) it wasn't only Mourinho who she called out.
Believe that you are correct. The club chose to side with Mourinho even though he was obviously wrong. Mourinho didn't have the authority to fire her but he complained to the club and they axed her - her suit was thus against Chelsea and not Mourinho, because technically he didn't have the power of dismissal. That said, his treatment of her was the focal point of the case.

Genuinely shameful behaviour that has been overlooked for the most part. Obviously this might ring hollow but since Marina Granovskaia's appointment much of this nonsense seems to have been cut out, for what it's worth.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks good but seems to be a real player of moments. Doesn't seem to get involved consistently in the buildup over the course of a game. Comes alive in moment here and there which these days, are leading to goals/assists but I think he can improve his involvement and general impact (as opposed to end product )

MichaelRed

Is it just me or did he do his hamstring early on in his run? His final 5 or so strides he had a look of absolute agony on his face but I think he kept going to just get the shot off. Big mistake if he did imo. I could be wrong though.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Is it just me or did he do his hamstring early on in his run? His final 5 or so strides he had a look of absolute agony on his face but I think he kept going to just get the shot off. Big mistake if he did imo. I could be wrong though.
Yah, he was screaming in that last step or two. Might have made the injury worse, but gotta love seeing that desire and determination.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not really, Arsenal were good value for the win even with Pulisic on the field.
Sure they were... they’re a decent side under Arteta but Pulisic is Chelsea’s talisman these days and with a goal under his belt, would have been a pivotal figure in that last third of the game. Once he went, Chelsea lacked any real drive to their game and didn’t have a way to up the gears when needed.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sure they were... they’re a decent side under Arteta but Pulisic is Chelsea’s talisman these days and with a goal under his belt, would have been a pivotal figure in that last third of the game. Once he went, Chelsea lacked any real drive to their game and didn’t have a way to up the gears when needed.
We can go from sensational to all over the place so quickly it's truly odd (was a problem under Sarri aswell).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Chelsea is buying well. Getting Havertz would make them a comfortable 3rd best team in the league if Frankie doesn't feck it up. Deeper squad than United.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Such a shame for the injury. Hate it when it happens to youngsters

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Chelsea is buying well. Getting Havertz would make them a comfortable 3rd best team in the league if Frankie doesn't feck it up. Deeper squad than United.
That's assuming we won't add to our squad which we will. Their depth is better than ours but overrated. Our depth was lesser mainly because we let go of players who are being replaced in time. For all their so called depth, their back 5 is horrific.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
We can go from sensational to all over the place so quickly it's truly odd (was a problem under Sarri aswell).
It doesn’t help that you’re so unstable from a defensive perspective. Lampard at Derby was the same... at times, breathtaking football but the level of defensive strategy shown at times was mind blowing in terms of its ineptitude.

I predict another season like this albeit your attack will be so good, you’re guaranteed a higher points total but defensive reinforcements but more importantly a defensively gifted strategist in the backroom staff wouldn’t go amiss either to take you guys to the next level.

Pep and Klopp have proven you can be a great attacking side but press and defend effectively.. Lamps needs to learn this too to reach his potential.

Terminator

He looks good but seems to be a real player of moments. Doesn't seem to get involved consistently in the buildup over the course of a game. Comes alive in moment here and there which these days, are leading to goals/assists but I think he can improve his involvement and general impact (as opposed to end product )
Completely agree with this. Will also be harder to be explosive when the wear & tear of a full season kicks in + defenders know whats coming at them next season. His all round game will naturally improve with time and become better in his 4th/5th season in the PL IMO.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As has been said before he's quite injury prone, I'm sure that was probably a contributing factor in Sancho overtaking him at Dortmund and it's certainly why it took until the restart for Chelsea to see the best of him

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz won't stop us shipping 50+ goals again next season. Granted will have lots of attacking options. Will be the most unbalanced team in the league that's for sure.

Hopefully not long injury lay off for Pulisic.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Havertz won't stop us shipping 50+ goals again next season. Granted will have lots of attacking options. Will be the most unbalanced team in the league that's for sure.

Hopefully not long injury lay off for Pulisic.
Modern-day Keegan's Newcastle. YOu score four, we will score six?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Fair play to the kid. He gets the injury whilst he was running you see it on his face yet he still kept going and pulled a shot away. Wish him a proper recovery in time for the new season. Kids a beast of a player.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
As has been said before he's quite injury prone, I'm sure that was probably a contributing factor in Sancho overtaking him at Dortmund and it's certainly why it took until the restart for Chelsea to see the best of him
Bit of a myth that after a slow start he started performing for us before he got injured. He just hit the ground running after the restart.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bit of a myth that after a slow start he started performing for us before he got injured. He just hit the ground running after the restart.
Where's the myth? You literally have just said yourself he made a slow start and then started to perform before he got injured? Where's the myth then in saying that it hasn't been since the restart that he's been at his best?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Where's the myth? You literally have just said yourself he made a slow start and then started to perform before he got injured? Where's the myth then in saying that it hasn't been since the restart that he's been at his best?
Because he was scoring and assisting way before the lockdown. Prior to his injury.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Believe that you are correct. The club chose to side with Mourinho even though he was obviously wrong. Mourinho didn't have the authority to fire her but he complained to the club and they axed her - her suit was thus against Chelsea and not Mourinho, because technically he didn't have the power of dismissal. That said, his treatment of her was the focal point of the case.

Genuinely shameful behaviour that has been overlooked for the most part. Obviously this might ring hollow but since Marina Granovskaia's appointment much of this nonsense seems to have been cut out, for what it's worth.
Is she much her own person or a Abramovic puppet?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Once he got into the team he was scoring and assisting for us then he was injured he just picked up from where he left off.
He played 16 league games before lockdown, he scored or assisted in 5 games.

He had purple patch where he scored 5 goals in 3 games, apart from that he barely had impact when it comes to end product.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Modern-day Keegan's Newcastle. YOu score four, we will score six?
Squad and tactics certainly look like that, if we're 12 points clear at any point in the season would definitely take that though even if we melted down and came 2nd :lol:

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
He played 16 league games before lockdown, he scored or assisted in 5 games.

He had purple patch where he scored 5 goals in 3 games, apart from that he barely had impact when it comes to end product.
How many starts

passing-wind

He's a quality player and I'm still surprised he's at Chelsea given how much we were linked with him and the whole American owners agenda. He's obviously not as physically / technically gifted as Hazard, but he's more of a goal threat. Seems to be intent on penetrating the box more I'm unsure why he wasn't used throughout the entire season he's Chelsea's best wide player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is looking very good signing for Chelsea, reminds me of Hazard when it comes to dribbling. His close control is excellent and he has great acceleration. Fitness might be his only issues for now, looks like he gets injured often.

LVGSdive

Can be a big issue with explosive players. Pulisic looks quite injury prone which must be a worry. He needs to get on the phone to Ryan Giggs.
Hi you have reached the voicemail of Ryan Giggs. I'm at my brothers house looking after it while he's away so I can't answer the phone right now. Leave a message after the bleep.