Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Potentially worrisome history of muscle injuries at this point - hope this is a fluke / a byproduct of being overused by the US in the Gold Cup last summer.

That said, he finishes on 11 goals & 10 assists in 34 appearances (2348 minutes) this year in all competitions - very impressive return especially for a wide player. He's comfortably our best player right now and for me that indicates further reinforcements are needed in our attack.
I wouldn't worry too much about his latest one. Since the restart, quite a few of your players have been playing constantly with little to no rest and the cup final seemed to be a culmination of that with a few of your players getting muscle injuries.

You definitely need some sort of change in the medical department though. Used to be the best in the league by miles on the injury front but has fallen apart over the last few years.

Reddevildans

Chelsea is buying well. Getting Havertz would make them a comfortable 3rd best team in the league if Frankie doesn't feck it up. Deeper squad than United.
If we get sancho, wouldn't swap any of our front 6 except matic for kante (rashford, martial, sancho, bruno and pog). On the bench seems 5050 but with youth on thier side chelsea has the better potential.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't worry too much about his latest one. Since the restart, quite a few of your players have been playing constantly with little to no rest and the cup final seemed to be a culmination of that with a few of your players getting muscle injuries.

You definitely need some sort of change in the medical department though. Used to be the best in the league by miles on the injury front but has fallen apart over the last few years.
Yeah there are mitigating circumstances. Hopefully he gets past it.

Agreed re: the medical department. We haven't been the same since Eva left and my irrational take as well is that her leaving directly contributed to our awful season in 16/17 because Hazard's injury was totally mismanaged.

Jaxa

Really frustrating because I feel if we wanted him we could have had him, wasn't there an ex mufc scout recently who came out saying he high;y recommended to mufc board to sign Pulisic and Alphonso Davies and we didn't pursue it ? worrying if true, i think we also scouted Maguire at Hull and didn't pursue that also ..

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Chelsea is buying well. Getting Havertz would make them a comfortable 3rd best team in the league if Frankie doesn't feck it up. Deeper squad than United.
54 goals conceded. They're an imbalanced team, reminiscent of Arsenal for the past 8 years. Last thing they really needed to do was strengthen upfront when it was clear their defense is what requires the real work.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Glad to have him on our LW for many years to come. Hopefully he can get over his injury hurdles when his body matures a bit and he keeps working on his physique. That's the only thing that will hold him back from becoming WC.
Has the determination and drive that I wished Hazard could muster but never did.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Glad to have him on our LW for many years to come. Hopefully he can get over his injury hurdles when his body matures a bit and he keeps working on his physique. That's the only thing that will hold him back from becoming WC.
Has the determination and drive that I wished Hazard could muster but never did.
Could very well be.

The negative is that if he keeps picking up these muscular and structural injuries it’s really going to stall his career.

Gazza

Believe that you are correct. The club chose to side with Mourinho even though he was obviously wrong. Mourinho didn't have the authority to fire her but he complained to the club and they axed her - her suit was thus against Chelsea and not Mourinho, because technically he didn't have the power of dismissal. That said, his treatment of her was the focal point of the case.

Genuinely shameful behaviour that has been overlooked for the most part. Obviously this might ring hollow but since Marina Granovskaia's appointment much of this nonsense seems to have been cut out, for what it's worth.
That’s good to hear. Chelsea seem to be very well run in most aspects these days.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
54 goals conceded. They're an imbalanced team, reminiscent of Arsenal for the past 8 years. Last thing they really needed to do was strengthen upfront when it was clear their defense is what requires the real work.
You guys conceded the same amount of goals last season and actually decided to "fix the defense" over attacking recruitments and while it has made you more solid defensively, in the end you needed to make an attacking signing in January to make parity with last season's points total.

There's an argument you could have got more points this year if you left the defense for one more season and got Bruno and Sancho in the summer.

Chief123

You guys conceded the same amount of goals last season and actually decided to "fix the defense" over attacking recruitments and while it has made you more solid defensively, in the end you needed to make an attacking signing in January to make parity with last season's points total.

There's an argument you could have got more points this year if you left the defense for one more season and got Bruno and Sancho in the summer.
The problem wasn't lack of attacking resources at the beginning of the season. The problem was Pogba being injured after the 4th game of the season and not appearing again till after lockdown. Also, Rashford being out for 3 months.

But like with any successful team, you can't be successful with a terrible defence.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The problem wasn't lack of attacking resources at the beginning of the season. The problem was Pogba being injured after the 4th game of the season and not appearing again till after lockdown. Also, Rashford being out for 3 months.

But like with any successful team, you can't be successful with a terrible defence.
Ofcourse and long term we will need to fix that but the title is not realistically on next season and the attacking market is stronger than the defense market at the minute so it makes sense to take advantage of that and hope a standout defender emerges within the next season at a traditional "selling club". It's not often one player of the calibre of the two we've signed (plus the one we hopefully will get shortly) becomes so openly available to you let alone three, too big an opportunity to miss.

I'm certain we'll have a better season with Havertz, Ziyech and Werner (plus a keeper) added to the pack than we would have done had we signed Ake and Chilwell/Taglifico while sticking to the same attackers we played this season, would still have been too easy to shithouse us unless Pulisic or CHO were fit and on top form.

He'sRaldo

He is looking very good signing for Chelsea, reminds me of Hazard when it comes to dribbling. His close control is excellent and he has great acceleration. Fitness might be his only issues for now, looks like he gets injured often.
Looks like a Ribery clone to me.

ghagua

You take the opportunity to sign players when they become available. Ziyech, Werner will not wait around for another season, same with Havertz it looks like. They still can address the defense this offseason, or in another transfer window.

SAFMUTD

Kid is annoyingly good. Baffles me how Chelsea had a free run at him.
To be fair they paid 70M for him, at the time he was a squad player for Dortmund, so it was a high risk move. Of course at the moment it looks good at its paying off but I dont think anyone else was willing to pay that much for him back then.

He'sRaldo

To be fair they paid 70M for him, at the time he was a squad player for Dortmund, so it was a high risk move. Of course at the moment it looks good at its paying off but I dont think anyone else was willing to pay that much for him back then.
70M is a lot of money. I wonder if they used some kind of moneyball stats to determine that he'll take to the PL easily.

forevrared

He was only really a squad player because they knew he wanted out and started phasing him out of the team. He had a Sancho-like impact before.

SAFMUTD

He was only really a squad player because they knew he wanted out and started phasing him out of the team. He had a Sancho-like impact before.
He was a squad playee because Sancho took his place, and while he was promising he wasnt even close to Sancho levels impact.

Sancho:
19/20. 44 games: 20 goals, 20 assists
18/19. 43 games: 13 goals, 19 assists

Pulisic
18/19: 30 games: 7 goals, 6 assists
17/18: 42 games: 5 goals, 7 assists

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Kid is annoyingly good. Baffles me how Chelsea had a free run at him.
Well, they didn't tbh. We were very closely monitoring him until Sancho broke and gave us encouraging options. Still believe we would have got Sancho last summer had we qualified for CL.

It was always one of them.

SAFMUTD

70M is a lot of money. I wonder if they used some kind of moneyball stats to determine that he'll take to the PL easily.
I doubt it, I think he was a panic buy since Chelsea saw the ban comming and they wanted to protect themselves.

At the moment they overpaid for him, Pulisic was being talked about leaving for 50M, Chelsea's particular situation made they panic and didnt have time to negotiate so they end up overpaying. Of course now it looks as a good transfer, but as I said it was a high risk move, he could had end up like Kepa.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
I doubt it, I think he was a panic buy since Chelsea saw the ban comming and they wanted to protect themselves.

At the moment they overpaid for him, Pulisic was being talked about leaving for 50M, Chelsea's particular situation made they panic and didnt have time to negotiate so they end up overpaying. Of course now it looks as a good transfer, but as I said it was a high risk move, he could had end up like Kepa.
You seem to pull a lot of crap from the thinnest air there is... :lol:
We paid 70m for Pulisic? Again why do people find it necessary to inflate the prices of rival players? Doesn’t matter if they are doing well or not, let's just add a few millions for good measure.
We bought Pulisic for £58m. Panic buy, overpaid, didn't have time to negotiate....lol! We may or may not have bought Pulisic in light of the transfer ban, you could also say we bought Pulisic with the knowledge(at executive level) that Hazard was leaving. One thing is certain, you and I know feck all which it is. Panic buy? Pulisic was one of the most sought after young players in the world scouted by absolutely every major clubs before he was even 17. Every man and his dog knew who Pulisic was and his potential. We paid 58m in January for talented young player who was going to attract a bidding war with just one year on his contract in the summer. We paid Dortmund's asking price and even granted Pulisic’s request to stay until the end of the season to help them win the BuLi.
I don't know about you, but when a club is willing to part with 58m for a player and still agree for him to stay another half season at the selling club just so they can be the only one who gets him, it tells me they knew exactly what they were after and were willing to wait for it, a far cry from your panic buy hypothesis.

You don't like Chelsea getting praised for Pulisic, it irks you we get it, but speaking so authoritatively about something you don't know jack about and obviously don't care about fact checking...lol! Come on.
You're getting Sancho mate...there is a lot to be happy about.

SAFMUTD

You seem to pull a lot of crap from the thinnest air there is... :lol:
We paid 70m for Pulisic? Again why do people find it necessary to inflate the prices of rival players? Doesn’t matter if they are doing well or not, let's just add a few millions for good measure.
We bought Pulisic for £58m. Panic buy, overpaid, didn't have time to negotiate....lol! We may or may not have bought Pulisic in light of the transfer ban, you could also say we bought Pulisic with the knowledge(at executive level) that Hazard was leaving. One thing is certain, you and I know feck all which it is. Panic buy? Pulisic was one of the most sought after young players in the world scouted by absolutely every major clubs before he was even 17. Every man and his dog knew who Pulisic was and his potential. We paid 58m in January for talented young player who was going to attract a bidding war with just one year on his contract in the summer. We paid Dortmund's asking price and even granted Pulisic’s request to stay until the end of the season to help them win the BuLi.
I don't know about you, but when a club is willing to part with 58m for a player and still agree for him to stay another half season at the selling club just so they can be the only one who gets him, it tells me they knew exactly what they were after and were willing to wait for it, a far cry from your panic buy hypothesis.

You don't like Chelsea getting praised for Pulisic, it irks you we get it, but speaking so authoritatively about something you don't know jack about and obviously don't care about fact checking...lol! Come on.
You're getting Sancho mate...there is a lot to be happy about.
What the feck are you talking about? If you read my post I said 70M as dollars, thats even less than the £58 youre mentioning.

All the things you say about letting him stay with Dortmund counts for shit, its clear Chelsea anticipated the ban in the summer thats why they closed the deal fast in january even when the player would arrive until summer. Regarding me not liking Chelsea get prise I honestly dont care if they get praised or not, they paid for a high risk player and its paying off good for you. But lets not make it as if Chelsea unearthed a gem.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Don't see how they wouldn't have more depth. That's literally our problem.
As another poster said. Providing we get Sancho I would take our front four plus the squad players in James and Ighalo over their options.

TrustInJanuzaj

Ighalo over Giroud :lol:
Well no not really as Martial would be first choice and then Greenwood second and I’d take Greenwood over Giroud any day. Ighalo would be a clear third choice who can rotate in emergencies and in smaller games.

cyberman

Well no not really as Martial would be first choice and then Greenwood second and I’d take Greenwood over Giroud any day. Ighalo would be a clear third choice who can rotate in emergencies and in smaller games.
I agree. I mean, Chelsea themselves dont rate their atacking options judging by their transfer splurge so why should we?

TrustInJanuzaj

I agree. I mean, Chelsea themselves dont rate their atacking options judging by their transfer splurge so why should we?
That’s the thing across that Chelsea team for me. I just don’t see the individual quality of match winners and leaders that Utd have access to in their first 11. Where Chelsea so well is in their general depth an this has helped them stay close this season. Once we have addressed that issue. I can’t help but think we will pull ahead, unless the signings made by Chelsea really hit the ground running and go up a level.

cyberman

That’s the thing across that Chelsea team for me. I just don’t see the individual quality of match winners and leaders that Utd have access to in their first 11. Where Chelsea so well is in their general depth an this has helped them stay close this season. Once we have addressed that issue. I can’t help but think we will pull ahead, unless the signings made by Chelsea really hit the ground running and go up a level.
With United you can see progress throughout the season. Thats what lets Chelsea down. If anything they gradually got worse from a promising start that didnt last that long anyway.
I remember them being 10 odd points ahead of us at one stage

EwanI Ted

With United you can see progress throughout the season. Thats what lets Chelsea down. If anything they gradually got worse from a promising start that didnt last that long anyway.
I remember them being 10 odd points ahead of us at one stage
Very much so. They won 8 and drew 2 of their first 12 games. From then until the end of the season they picked up fewer points than Southampton, Spurs and Wolves and only got 1 more point than Arsenal and Burnley.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
What the feck are you talking about? If you read my post I said 70M as dollars, thats even less than the £58 youre mentioning.

All the things you say about letting him stay with Dortmund counts for shit, its clear Chelsea anticipated the ban in the summer thats why they closed the deal fast in january even when the player would arrive until summer. Regarding me not liking Chelsea get prise I honestly dont care if they get praised or not, they paid for a high risk player and its paying off good for you. But lets not make it as if Chelsea unearthed a gem.
You said dollors or you meant in dollors because I did read your post and didn't see the $ sign nor read it in words. If you meant in dollors you would have used the dollors equivalent of £58m as it was the price widely report but of course we all know you really don't care about getting the price correct.

Also, we had every right to bring him into the fold in January yet allowed him to stay as he wished to. If we were looking to panic buy anyone for a future transfer ban,58m wouldn't be enough to get some else who wasn't going to request to stay with the selling club until end of season? So to your original post, it wasn't a panic buy which we failed to properly negotiate and overpaid for. We knew what we wanted, was willing to wait for it and paid what was required to prevent others from joining in in the summer.

cyberman

You said dollors or you meant in dollors because I did read your post and didn't see the $ sign nor read it in words. If you meant in dollors you would have used the dollors equivalent of £58m as it was the price widely report but of course we all know you really don't care about getting the price correct.

Also, we had every right to bring him into the fold in January yet allowed him to stay as he wished to. If we were looking to panic buy anyone for a future transfer ban,58m wouldn't be enough to get some else who wasn't going to request to stay with the selling club until end of season? So to your original post, it wasn't a panic buy which we failed to properly negotiate and overpaid for. We knew what we wanted, was willing to wait for it and paid what was required to prevent others from joining in in the summer.
You allowed him to stay because Dortmund wouldn't have sold him in January and it was the only way you could sign him with a ban coming up

Terminator

One thing is for sure though, Chelsea will have great attacking depth next year and certainly better than United's IMO. First XI's are up for debate depending on how new signings set in.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Eva Carneiro :drool: