Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Yearly reminder that Fanis Gekas once was the top scorer of this Mickey Mouse league.
That's how much you know/understand football.
The reason why Gekas won the league Canon (Torjaegerkanone) was Misimovic and Gekas' was ice-cold that season.

BTT:

Chelsea mightbe the wrong move. They are famous for them loan-orgies and lack of talent development. But if they are willing to pay 50mio (as media mentioned) that would be quite the compensation for Dortmund.

Rossa

How is that a fact? Because the almighty you says so? Absolutely stupid. Sancho has been arguably the best player for a team well clear at the top of the Bundesliga yet it's a "fact" he can't come here and help us close the gap a bit? Even someone like you can surely see the stupidity of such a comment, surely?
Could you two take it in private on PMs? You are seriously just littering and derailing the thread at this point, as you are being personal and not really discussing the player anymore.

Mick321

Could you two take it in private on PMs? You are seriously just littering and derailing the thread at this point, as you are being personal and not really discussing the player anymore.
We finished talking about 6 hours ago, all good, then you decided to bring it all up again :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He suffered a major mental setback when the US failed to qualify for the WC 2018 and it changed his attitude on the pitch. Instead of beating one opposing player and then passing the ball, he started to take on three and lost the ball in the process. His good decision making as team player vanished and what remained was a fairly egoistical way to play the game.
Seeing the dross Arena was trotting out there it's no wonder Pulisic felt he needed to take over the match. He was easily the USA's best player in every qualifier they played. The only one looking likely to create something.

My biggest worry for him is if he's developed a cult of personality/diva mentality with all the US media hoopla over the past year plus.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Has shown more than Ousmane Dembele for me. With better consistency.
Goals/Assists for Dortmund:
Pulisic 14/24
Dembele 10/21

Seasons needed to accumulate those stats:
Pulisic: 3
Dembele: 1

Goals/Assists this season:
Pulisic: 3/4
Dembele: 10/5

The hype seems to be working.
*Mic drop*

PieCrust

Americans by and large don't really care
Not true at all.

Although I don't think Chelsea is as popular as say United, Liverpool and probably Arsenal in the states.

In the end pretty disappointed that United isn't in for him. I've been following him got a long time and quite rate him. Would be a great fit in Manchester. Oh well.

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

Dembele>Sancho>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pulisic.

Pulisic is still young, got some useful abilities and can certainly improve as a player... But he is not on the same level as Dembele and Sancho.
If we buy him for £50m in the summer it is either a very expensive backup for a right wing or to increase the clubs stature in the US of A.

CechMate1

Supports
Chelsea
Think Pulisic gets a lot of hate tbf

He hasn't looked great this season but then again he hasn't exactly been settled and has been in and out of the team. He's still only 20 and will probably improve quite a bit in the next few years.

He's probably never going to be a world beater but he has potential to be an excellent player in his own right. Also 45 million in today's market is a very good deal IMO

Also, his commercial possibilities are insane, he's probably going to be the face of American football/soccer and the poster boy.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Dembele>Sancho>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pulisic.

Pulisic is still young, got some useful abilities and can certainly improve as a player... But he is not on the same level as Dembele and Sancho.
If we buy him for £50m in the summer it is either a very expensive backup for a right wing or to increase the clubs stature in the US of A.
Well, I don't agree with those two alternatives at all. He can become a part of the starting XI at this club, let's not act like you're stacked with world-class options on the right wing. I think Pulisic, once he's settled, can take over for Lingard or Mata on the right wing before the end of the season, and be a big part of the club. It's too soon to call him a flop or make any kind of definitive statements about his potential, he's still very young. And if the figures I'm reading of 50m or so are close to the reality, it's not a bad investment.

Fosu-Mens

Well, I don't agree with those two alternatives at all. He can become a part of the starting XI at this club, let's not act like you're stacked with world-class options on the right wing. I think Pulisic, once he's settled, can take over for Lingard or Mata on the right wing before the end of the season, and be a big part of the club. It's too soon to call him a flop or make any kind of definitive statements about his potential, he's still very young. And if the figures I'm reading of 50m or so are close to the reality, it's not a bad investment.
As with all young players they can improve, and we can not now for certain how they develope(unless J.Mourinho is their manager).
If this club aims for a top 4, then Pulisic can be a starter. If the aim is PL/CL challenge, the best options are Dembele and Sancho(among the young players as of now.). Financially, paying 50m for the best american player does make sense, but seing as the squad got some more important weaknesses i would rather spend that money differently.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
As with all young players they can improve, and we can not now for certain how they develope(unless J.Mourinho is their manager).
If this club aims for a top 4, then Pulisic can be a starter. If the aim is PL/CL challenge, the best options are Dembele and Sancho(among the young players as of now.). Financially, paying 50m for the best american player does make sense, but seing as the squad got some more important weaknesses i would rather spend that money differently.
Yeah, but we know Pulisic is actually obtainable in the near future. You can forget about getting Dembele IMO and Sancho is not for another year or two at least and the competition will be very stiff.

L1nk

Yeah, but we know Pulisic is actually obtainable in the near future. You can forget about getting Dembele IMO and Sancho is not for another year or two at least and the competition will be very stiff.
That's my issue with all this, people seem to think we are peak United that can just buy any player we want for any fee we want. People put their noses up at Pulisic but then suggest we should buy Dembele or Sancho instead like they are actual realistic targets :lol:, Dembele won't be coming here, especially not for a realistic fee, and Sancho won't be going anywhere this summer unless it's back to City. Pulisic is available and is a good option, we should be in there, especially when our right flank is so bare.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Think Pulisic gets a lot of hate tbf

He hasn't looked great this season but then again he hasn't exactly been settled and has been in and out of the team. He's still only 20 and will probably improve quite a bit in the next few years.

He's probably never going to be a world beater but he has potential to be an excellent player in his own right. Also 45 million in today's market is a very good deal IMO

Also, his commercial possibilities are insane, he's probably going to be the face of American football/soccer and the poster boy.
Already is the face of American soccer and has been for a couple years. We should be in for him. Just makes too much sense.

starman

I am not completely sold on him yet, but if hes really available for 45m we should definitely be in for him, hes has the tools to be a top player, its one those risks you have to take.

I can see lots of people are already writing him off, 4 games ago same thing was being said about Rashord on here...

Nick.

If we bought him we would profit off the marketing. But is he a good enough player?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It is 64 Mil. € (unless the pound did such a nose dive that is 1:1 by now ^^) and no loan fee.

That is such a sweet deal for us given his contract situation. With this sorted out, he hopefully starts performing again. Extremely questionable choice by Pulisic, though, not really the departure itself but the destination.

haram

It is 64 Mil. € (unless the pound did such a nose dive that is 1:1 by now ^^) and no loan fee.

That is such a sweet deal for us given his contract situation. With this sorted out, he hopefully starts performing again. Extremely questionable choice by Pulisic, though, not really the departure itself but the destination.
Hazard could be leaving and Willian and Pedro are both 30.

Handré1990

Maybe he didn’t have many options?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
More of a marketing move by Chelsea than a footballing one. Signing the most prominent United States footballer will undoubtedly help them tap into that market, but if it’s a genuine world-class, reliable talent they’re after to replace an impending Hazard exit, they’ve made a grave error in judgement, in my opinion.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Then Hazard is surely leaving?

He's always looked a talent but being benched in favour of Sancho suggests he's not as good as his highlight reels suggest

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Isnt he a right winger ?
Dont see what its got to do with hazard. Willian and pedro wont be there much longer.

Mick321

Then Hazard is surely leaving?

He's always looked a talent but being benched in favour of Sancho suggests he's not as good as his highlight reels suggest
Why? He’s just a reasonably talented kid not sure what it’s got to do with Hazard. Even Chelsea wouldn’t be that dumb surely. Need much better than this guy if Hazard goes.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
A win win for both parties.

Dortmund get an high sum of money for someone whose head was clearly not at the right place this season and didn't want to stay longer. Chelsea get a player who truly showed exceptional talent in his first two seasons and can become a great player. I think his best position is on the right wing where he can use his great speed and dribbling abilities to get past defenders.

I personally think the sum is a bit higher than it should be but Pulisic upside is high so it can work out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.