Christmas Tree Draft - Group Stages - Enigma vs Raees

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himannv

Enigma's Starting XI

vs

Raees's Starting XI

Enigma's Tactics

Tactics:
Greaves
leads the line in a classic counter attacking chrismas tree formation with a solid midfield unit consisting of Cerezo, Pirri and the new crown jewel - Redondo, whilst we also have a lot of pace to burn on the front foot.

Defence:
Two attacking full backs in Irwin and Jorginho, who support the attack and offer a lot going forward. Ferrara and Ruggeri is a solid base CB combo that is great in the air and also in Ferrara have a bit of soft touch and ability to play out from the back.

Midfield:
Redondo
takes the conductor role in the deep zone. A midfield general that is able to run an entire midfield of his own, he can launch attack from deep and one of the best players to pull this role to perfection. Cerezo takes the box to box role in this game, something familiar to him and him and Falcao created the base in 1982 of one of the most exciting national teams ever. He is known for his range of passing and ability to get the ball back as well his big frame helping him impose his stature in the middle of the park. He's aided by Pirri - who has the same never say die attitude that should help us control the proceedings in the middle of the park. The midfield is set up in a very direct style and the creativity it oozes will help supply the quick and creative frontline with through balls and opportunities to break the opposition Christmas tree.

Attack:
Laudrup
is the creative hub in the final third. He can go wide or cut in - something he's very suited for - stretching the opposition defence and splitting it with his vision and passing. Robben is the perfect guy for counter attacking football and finding space, or dribbling through the opponents. Greaves starts this one with his all round qualities - hold up play, ability to bring others into play, chase long balls and through balls and generally devastating finishing ability.

Raees's Tactics

Tactical Outline

Christmas tree with a twist in that my CM is a box to box game controlling regista type in Netzer supported by two box to box players with greater defensive capabilities. I just wanted to see some beautiful football.

The aim with the AM's was 2 players who can score goals, create but comfortable in wide and central areas, not to mention capable of playing alongside other creative players and I think we have achieved this with Kubala and Rivelino.

In Sheva we have an all round CF who can roam across the line, looking for spaces and can do it all. Perfect CF for a Xmas tree.

Full strength at full back, both very balanced and will be perfect for this formation as they can hold the width easily..

The defence is a wonderfully balanced pairing of fire and ice backed by the magnificent massive hands and reactions of Jennings.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Not fully convinced by both teams in the way I see a pure Christmas Tree

Will explain my vote later.

All the best

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Not fully convinced by both teams in the way I see a pure Christmas Tree

Will explain my vote later.

All the best
I agree. In a pure Christmas Tree, I would like a pure scorer, a support player who can replace the former and a creative forward

The lateral defenders made the difference for me in your vote.

#NeverForgetTuppet