Christmas Tree Draft - R1 - Isotope vs Zlatan

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
One of the Caf posters created this clip (I think). I was really impressed on what I saw on him, a typical modern defensive player. He's left-footed, played on the left-side of midfield, and could comfortably slot into/covering the left-back also. He's more than just a Mascherano type, his passing skill between the lines was pretty good:

He made a decent cross on 0:40 - 0:50 minute.

Also Gio made an impressive post about Mackay. Some of the Legends quote can't be displayed when quoting a post. So, here's the link to that post: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/il-fenomeno-draft-r1-moby-vs-gio.454611/post-25535517
Cheers again, and also to @Gio and @Joga Bonito for the material. Looks like he rounds off that midfield trio perfectly.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maybe I misunderstood, but what I don't get: why shouldn't Stielike go forward here himself on occasion (covered by, say, the CBs and Mackay)?
Sorry for the late reply. Of course on occasion, yes. Like you said, I have Mackay, and Mandieta who is defensively astute as well. Also with Briegel at ease on slotting to DM if necessary. Just like Matic can surge forward when situation allowed.

Himannv

I did hope substitutions would liven things up and give manager's more tactical options in the game to sway voters. Didn't seem to happen the way I hoped. I feel like Santa Clause who presented you brats with a Merc only to find that you're all happy enough with a plain old bicycle. There'll be coal for you all next year dammit!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I did hope substitutions would liven things up and give manager's more tactical options in the game to sway voters. Didn't seem to happen the way I hoped. I feel like Santa Clause who presented you brats with a Merc only to find that you're all happy enough with a plain old bicycle. There'll be coal for you all next year dammit!
I was 9-2 down by the sub, doubt many came back in to the thread to vote again even if I’d put prime phenomeno and whoever else in, I did like the idea though

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The quality after first XI isn't better. All my sub picks are just to cover first XI, anticipating any of them could get eliminated. SO not for tactical change purpose. Also the Fm isn't that flexible to change. If the first XI couldn't cut it, it would be hard to win (or make any difference) with changing 1 sub player. Imho.

Maybe on the 2nd round, when we start piling up better players, it might (not) work as intended.

Last edited: