Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Well this thread seems strange …

1. Pre purchases are done all the time. Why they are releasing so much on this one I don’t know, but there still is t an official statement.

2.You guys need to learn how money works. Unlike paupers, Clearlake borrows all its money from itself. They could pay ALL their transfers up front in one sum if they wanted to. Then they can structure how they did that any way they want in terms of actual accounting and FFP because they have an auxiliary banking system THEY own and control.They pick and choose when to do this, or hold back as a negotiating tool. They aren’t “suckers”, they are using something that is difficult and costly for other groups, but essentially free for them, to pick and choose the type of leverage they need. They have proven already to be one of the best owner groups on the planet already WITHOUT having an advantage like this, so …..

3. Nkunku isnt badly hurt, and it is t the type of injury, like a previously mentioned ACL, which makes you more prone to future injury.

We have been pretty lucky in that respect all around: Fofanas issue should heal fine. James’ LCL is not a long term issue since the knee wasn’t dislocated, and Nkunku (if we get him) should be training again by January.

I see a TON of wishful thinking here because people can do the basic math: City is a power, the structure is in place. If They don’t reign them in, Newcastle could be solidly top 4 in the very near future. Liverpool is going to be bought by an extremely rich group, and will still be part of a multi club power system. If Stan Kroenke wants to he can keep up spending with anyone. His son is particularly aggressive, and you have seen the “cheap” Moniker start to fall away from a lot of their teams. The Walton clan hide a lot of their true wealth, but it would be accurate to say Kroenke has employees that make more than the Glazers.

Chelsea have hired 4 or 5 of the best footballing minds on the planet recently to start completing what has been a massive hiring process to restructure everything about the club. Their mousepads aren’t even in their offices yet, and people are acting like Boehly will make every footballing decision for the club. Woodward was hired to run your club; Boehly is an owner who hires people to do that. And zero people think guys like Shields , Vivell et al are not excellent choices.

Our structure will work similar to City’s. As they have been leaking to people like Romano in the last week, they have made their decisions in hiring, even with Potter, with a very long term project in mind. And they had similar projects, with similar starts, where they stood by their choice and grew the team; so no reason to think they aren’t being completely up front. This is what they do.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

1. Pre purchases are done all the time. Why they are releasing so much on this one I don’t know, but there still is t an official statement.

2.You guys need to learn how money works. Unlike paupers, Clearlake borrows all its money from itself. They could pay ALL their transfers up front in one sum if they wanted to. Then they can structure how they did that any way they want in terms of actual accounting and FFP because they have an auxiliary banking system THEY own and control.They pick and choose when to do this, or hold back as a negotiating tool. They aren’t “suckers”, they are using something that is difficult and costly for other groups, but essentially free for them, to pick and choose the type of leverage they need. They have proven already to be one of the best owner groups on the planet already WITHOUT having an advantage like this, so …..

3. Nkunku isnt badly hurt, and it is t the type of injury, like a previously mentioned ACL, which makes you more prone to future injury.

We have been pretty lucky in that respect all around: Fofanas issue should heal fine. James’ LCL is not a long term issue since the knee wasn’t dislocated, and Nkunku (if we get him) should be training again by January.

I see a TON of wishful thinking here because people can do the basic math: City is a power, the structure is in place. If They don’t reign them in, Newcastle could be solidly top 4 in the very near future. Liverpool is going to be bought by an extremely rich group, and will still be part of a multi club power system. If Stan Kroenke wants to he can keep up spending with anyone. His son is particularly aggressive, and you have seen the “cheap” Moniker start to fall away from a lot of their teams. The Walton clan hide a lot of their true wealth, but it would be accurate to say Kroenke has employees that make more than the Glazers.

Chelsea have hired 4 or 5 of the best footballing minds on the planet recently to start completing what has been a massive hiring process to restructure everything about the club. Their mousepads aren’t even in their offices yet, and people are acting like Boehly will make every footballing decision for the club. Woodward was hired to run your club; Boehly is an owner who hires people to do that. And zero people think guys like Shields , Vivell et al are not excellent choices.

Our structure will work similar to City’s. As they have been leaking to people like Romano in the last week, they have made their decisions in hiring, even with Potter, with a very long term project in mind. And they had similar projects, with similar starts, where they stood by their choice and grew the team; so no reason to think they aren’t being completely up front. This is what they do.
I know its still early days of Clearlake's ownership, but during the sale period there was so much media reports from people who knew Boehly saying that he will turn out to be a very good part of the ownership. And i do think that you may even see this ownership group outspend Roman.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
So you are sticking to a back 5, then? Because Fofana, Koulibaly, Chalobah, Colwill, and Gvardiol for a back 4 is a bit mental. If it's a back 5 you can add Cucurella too, which is 6 players. Seems excessive. Not convinced you'll go for Gvardiol.
Gvardiol is a LCB is he not? Cucurella wont be used there should he arrive. Silva will be a year older. Colwill likely another loan. Whether we get Gvardiol im not sure, but there will be another CB in all likelihood

TheReligion

Abusive

He’s torn his LCL and will be injured for at least 10 weeks.

Another early medical Clearlake masterclass!

Vapor trail

Another bad transfer by Chelsea, he won't cut it in the Premier League.
It's too early to judge there have been a few examples of attacking players who have transitioned well like Son and Haaland. For the overall recent majority however the Bundesliga to the Premier League has produced most commonly a feeling of disappointment.

RuudTom83

Boehly can't even wait until the end of the season to buy new players...he is a muppet 24/7

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Boehly can't even wait until the end of the season to buy new players...he is a muppet 24/7
Clubs do deals all the time outside of windows. It’s a bit naiive to think clubs do everything inside a transfer window.

RuudTom83

Clubs do deals all the time outside of windows. It’s a bit naiive to think clubs do everything inside a transfer window.
22nd November seems a bit early to me, especially after the money they spend a few months ago...smacks of a giddy owner just buying new toys to me.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
22nd November seems a bit early to me, especially after the money they spend a few months ago...smacks of a giddy owner just buying new toys to me.
Chelsea already wanted Nkunku last summer but Leipzig weren't willing to sell and the player himself was willing to stay another season there as well so it didn't happen. He signed an extension with a release clause for the summer of 2023 with a view of getting his transfer then.

Now if the player's been identified by the club early and there is interest from both parties to make it happen doesn't it make sense to try and lock it down ASAP? He also started this season really well (17 goals in 23 games) so chances are there'd be a bidding war for him next year if we wait too long to finalize it. And by bidding war I mean on the personal terms front, not the money being paid to RB Leipzig.

Also, what does the money spent in the transfer window of last summer have anything to do with this? It's not like we signed a ton of forwards in the same position and are continuing to splash the cash just for shits and giggles,. There are still very obvious holes in our forward areas that we need to fill in the coming windows and we signed Aubameyang as a stopgap because our long-term targets (Nkunku, Rafael Leao) weren't available last summer.

I admit there's definitely an element of risk buying a player early in case he gets a terrible injury before actually joining but then again there are also risks in not buying him early because chances are we could end up missing out on him altogether.

mu4c_20le

I thought you guys would try to back out after that injury, and they'd have to take you to court to force you to go through with the deal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I thought you guys would try to back out after that injury, and they'd have to take you to court to force you to go through with the deal.
I'm not sure what gave you that idea. The story was always that Chelsea would continue to work to conclude this deal despite the unfortunate injury.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Why though? Seems you've been reading too much of TheReligion's ramblings.

It's not like he suffered a career threatening injury there. Going by reports it's a minor knee ligament tear (not ACL) that does not need surgery to heal and it's estimated he'll be back in action late January or early February at the latest. It's the same injury as Reece James most recently suffered, and he's in line to be fit by the time the season continues. Would we not have extended James' contract because of this injury (if it wasn't done already by the time he got hit)? I don't think it would have had any impact with the James so why should it be any different for a new signing either?

Basically the only thing Nkunku's injury did was rule out a move in January but a summer transfer was the main plan all along.

Him getting injured is by no means ideal but is it a deal breaker? Most certainly not.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why though? Seems you've been reading too much of TheReligion's ramblings.

It's not like he suffered a career threatening injury there. Going by reports it's a minor knee ligament tear (not ACL) that does not need surgery to heal and it's estimated he'll be back in action late January or early February at the latest. It's the same injury as Reece James most recently suffered, and he's in line to be fit by the time the season continues. Would we not have extended James' contract because of this injury (if it wasn't done already by the time he got hit)? I don't think it would have had any impact with the James so why should it be any different for a new signing either?

Basically the only thing Nkunku's injury did was rule out a move in January but a summer transfer was the main plan all along.

Him getting injured is by no means ideal but is it a deal breaker? Most certainly not.
Keep my name…. out your mouth

Otherwise I’ll Will Smith you all over the place

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Incredibly weird decision by him I have to say. Surely he had interest from a lot of top clubs and he’s chosen to go to a club that has a lot of unknown attached.

PoTMS

Hope he's another Werner/Sancho/Havertz/Pulisic and not a Haaland/De Bruyne.

pascell

He isn’t what we need plus with this purchase Chelsea is one less rival for any marquee attacking players in the summer so it’s all good.
Our attack is faltering and we've just let go of a striker, our other senior strikers fitness is as reliable as a chocolate fireguard, how was he not what we needed?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Incredibly weird decision by him I have to say. Surely he had interest from a lot of top clubs and he’s chosen to go to a club that has a lot of unknown attached.
Chelsea are a top club.

Status
Not open for further replies.