Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Has scored more goals than Haaland this season. Hopefully we are in for him.

Gordon S

Does he play in a position of need?
The central midfield is of course of higher priority but with Greenwood out, Cavani out in the summer, Ronaldo maybe out in the summer, Lingard out, Mata out (surely?), Rashford woefully out of form for a long time now i would guess we also have need for a top quality attacker like Nkunku.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Does he play in a position of need?
We definitely need a wide forward along with a striker and maybe 2 midfielders this summer. Of course it will be least of our priorities but we still would need a player who will replace Lingard, Mason and Mata leaving. Unless of course we intend to promote and use Chong/Amad.

NoPace

The intriguing thing about signing him to play as a 9 is it would make us closer to the Liverpool/City approaches to forwards which is basically to throw our guys who can play as wingers or 10s, so have the mobility to press and the technical ability to play good stuff on the counter or against low blocks. We often look more like a 90s style team with too much crossing and too little interplay or creating turnovers higher up the pitch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is a Bayern/City/Liverpool type of player. I can’t see him any where else at the moment.
Well we need to become a Bayern/City/Liverpool type of team so that’s great.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Watching his clips on YT and he looks good but not necessarily anything where I see a him being spectacular.

That being said, he is strong, quick, can finish. Good enough for me.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Watching his clips on YT and he looks good but not necessarily anything where I see a him being spectacular.

That being said, he is strong, quick, can finish. Good enough for me.
I think the spectacular thing currently is his output. He seems like a smart player as well, adaptable, so I think he could fair pretty well.

I'd be really happy if we signed him.

Devil may care

If we buy him as a Striker it would definitely indicate a fresh approach in how we intend to play.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The central midfield is of course of higher priority but with Greenwood out, Cavani out in the summer, Ronaldo maybe out in the summer, Lingard out, Mata out (surely?), Rashford woefully out of form for a long time now i would guess we also have need for a top quality attacker like Nkunku.
We definitely need a wide forward along with a striker and maybe 2 midfielders this summer. Of course it will be least of our priorities but we still would need a player who will replace Lingard, Mason and Mata leaving. Unless of course we intend to promote and use Chong/Amad.
Sancho ST RW
CM DM
Bruno
Back Four
GK

So where is Nkunku going to play again? CM? Striker? RW? DM?

Rolaholic

Going to be sickening when we dont take advantage of Ralf's history with him and let another Prem club to sign him up.

Especially when Klopp replaces Salah with him at Liverpool...

Mainoldo

Going to be sickening when we dont take advantage of Ralf's history with him and let another Prem club to sign him up.

Only works if we play that way. Otherwise why come? Hopefully an option for the wing forward we are looking for.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

By most reports, we're interested in him. I think if we're going to spend bigger money on anyone, it would be someone like him. I don't think we'll be spending very big per transfer this summer, we need far too many gaps filling in the squad.

Vapor trail

Nkunku and Gakpo similar seasons top producers in their respective leagues. United should be looking at both players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Does every single post on here have to be with this ‘would be great if we did this, but of course we won’t because x,y,z’ tone?

Whatever happened to just saying we rate Nkunku and he should be an option and keeping it moving? We get it. ‘Terribly run club’ or something to that effect.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Does every single post on here have to be with this ‘would be great if we did this, but of course we won’t because x,y,z’ tone?

Whatever happened to just saying we rate Nkunku and he should be an option and keeping it moving? We get it. ‘Terribly run club’ or something to that effect.
Thank feck someone else has pointed that out. "He's too good for this mess!" About every linked target since 2014.

Give it a rest FFS.

SAF is the GOAT

By most reports, we're interested in him. I think if we're going to spend bigger money on anyone, it would be someone like him. I don't think we'll be spending very big per transfer this summer, we need far too many gaps filling in the squad.
If ETH will be the one that manage us I think that he will want Antony from his team at Ajax. It also will make sense in terms of budget.

Rolaholic

It's just been a while since we made a shrewd obvious signing without getting taken to the cleaners, that honor has belonged to our direct rivals.

Apologies for the hurt feelings

MattofManchester

We already have Bruno playing that role.

Need to sign players that balance the side, not every guy who has a decent season.

That's how we ended up where we are.

Hopelessly unbalanced with gaping holes in the team.

SAF is the GOAT

Can he play as RW ?

And realistically I don't think we'll get him because of budget and list of priorities. We need a DM, ST, CB for the squad and only then another attacker and maybe an RB.

NoLogo

He plays every attacking position for his current club

Position stats from this season alone

Best through the center though, I would think, ratings somewhat confirm that. Since the right wing needs fixing first, I'm not sure if he should be a priority. Should we go for Tuchel next season, I feel like Nkunku would immediately become a priority.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Has scored more goals than Haaland this season. Hopefully we are in for him.
Man who's played 3000 minutes of football scores more than man who's played 1600 minutes of football.

Who'd have thought?

bucky

Can he play as RW ?

And realistically I don't think we'll get him because of budget and list of priorities. We need a DM, ST, CB for the squad and only then another attacker and maybe an RB.
Yes.

Interesting because Bild (unlike SportBild) is very credible I believe.
It's the Sun of Germany. Reliable when it comes to Bayern Munich, not much else.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good player without a specific position he fills for us? Sounds like a plan.

Rocknrolla69er

Well he won't play left as Sancho is there
He won't AM as brunos there
He's a great record at RW
and can play up top
He can cover Sancho and Brun

What's not too like

Status
Not open for further replies.