Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’ve not seen much of him in games but from highlights he looks an absolutely brilliant player. Got excellent pace, good at beating his man and it’s notable how many different types of goals he’s getting. Headers, left foot, right foot, looks a top player in the making. I would hope with Ragnicks connection we have a good chance here. If say £50 million would be a good price for a player who can go anywhere in the front three.

Darlington Padgett

He's a good player but really not what we need. More of a finisher than an actual technical dribbler, we need players like Mane, Salah, Diaz..

In fact I don't think Rashford pre injury is too different to what Nkunku would give. £60m would be better spent on other players.
We could do with a winger that scores 17 goals like Rasford pre injury....

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Reminds me of Pools attackers. That alone want me to pull the trigger.
Except all Pool's attackers were sub £40m. We'd be stupid to keep throwing £60m/£70m for individual players. They virtually never prove to be good value for money, we already have 1 underperforming £73m attacker.

Kaos

Except all Pool's attackers were sub £40m. We'd be stupid to keep throwing £60m/£70m for individual players. They virtually never prove to be good value for money, we already have 1 underperforming £73m attacker.
They were sub £40m players years ago, a Southampton Mane wouldn't go for £34million today.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They were sub £40m players years ago, a Southampton Mane wouldn't go for £34million today.
They were still able to get both Diaz and Jota for just above £40m more recently though. Big difference between that and dropping £60/70m on players.

Kaos

They were still able to get both Diaz and Jota for just above £40m more recently though. Big difference between that and dropping £60/70m on players.
Diaz and Luiz were brought in as squad players though no? A Nkunku type signing is someone that would slot into most teams, and would certainly walk into our starting lineup, and is considered one of the hottest prospects in Europe right now, so his valuation makes sense in 2022.

I agree that we should be more inclined towards the value signings, but I'd apply that apprehension to say spending £100million on Declan Rice as opposed to dropping £65million on an exciting talent like Nkunku.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I read somewhere that the Leipzig boss has said he's not for sale.
Did he really say that or I just read bullshit?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I read somewhere that the Leipzig boss has said he's not for sale.
Did he really say that or I just read bullshit?
He did and it's not the first time. They apparently want to extend him.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
"Coming from the Red Bull group". That's classic Rangnick. Nkunku was signed from PSG age 21 where he had come through the youth ranks. All Red Bull provided to his career was a spot at a decent stepping stone club.

macheda14

"Coming from the Red Bull group". That's classic Rangnick. Nkunku was signed from PSG age 21 where he had come through the youth ranks. All Red Bull provided to his career was a spot at a decent stepping stone club.
I think you’re reading into that too much. He’s a player from the red bull group, not that he was hugely developed there.

dbs235

Unless we can somehow get Kane, he's the best realistic option. I'd much rather have him than Nunez or Richarlison.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Unless we can somehow get Kane, he's the best realistic option. I'd much rather have him than Nunez or Richarlison.
We need both realistically.

Nkunku plays all over the pitch. Nunez is a goal scorer.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He did and it's not the first time. They apparently want to extend him.
Thanks for the clarification, I thought what I read was just rumours.
So I suppose that severely lowers our chances of getting the lad, shame.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Why this guy still gets linked with a move in the press is bizarre. It couldnt be any more clearer that he isnt moving this summer

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Thanks for the clarification, I thought what I read was just rumours.
So I suppose that severely lowers our chances of getting the lad, shame.
He only has a contract until 2024. If the player refuses to sign a new deal and another club makes a big enough offer this summer, I think they will sell.

To me, Nkunku seems like a player you want relatively close to the goal. He would fit better in a system where other players are providing the width, whether that is as one of the front three in a 3-4-3 or in a 4-3-3 like Liverpool's where the fullbacks play very high up the pitch.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He only has a contract until 2024. If the player refuses to sign a new deal and another club makes a big enough offer this summer, I think they will sell.

To me, Nkunku seems like a player you want relatively close to the goal. He would fit better in a system where other players are providing the width, whether that is as one of the front three in a 3-4-3 or in a 4-3-3 like Liverpool's where the fullbacks play very high up the pitch.
I doubt they need the money so I could see them persist in trying to keep him and to be honest is he really a 100 mil player?

I haven't seen enough of him to judge your assessment but I guess that would be what were trying to build with hag.

goptun

Why this guy still gets linked with a move in the press is bizarre. It couldnt be any more clearer that he isnt moving this summer
Really? Will RB Leipzig be happy to negotiate a sale next summer when he only has a year left on his contract?

SAF is the GOAT

Really? Will RB Leipzig be happy to negotiate a sale next summer when he only has a year left on his contract?
I don't think we'll go for him by then if we could bring Anthony to ETH in much cheaper price probably.

NoPace

If we're buying Sosa or another attacking left-back, we could play Nkunku and Bruno on the left but tucked in and a shade to the right of center as a 10, with Sancho very wide right. Then Timber as the RB coming in to help with midfield and stop counters like a Pep FB.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we're buying Sosa or another attacking left-back, we could play Nkunku and Bruno on the left but tucked in and a shade to the right of center as a 10, with Sancho very wide right. Then Timber as the RB coming in to help with midfield and stop counters like a Pep FB.
We used to play like that with Wes brown at RB and Evra is LB.

Evra would practically make it a 3-5-2 in possession with Brown tucking across.

pascell

So basically any club who signs a young player and then sells them is a 'stepping stone' club, just like United with Ronaldo during his first stint?

Don't know why you're downplaying Leipzig impact on Nkunkus career thus far.

Classical Mechanic

So basically any club who signs a young player and then sells them is a 'stepping stone' club, just like United with Ronaldo during his first stint?

Don't know why you're downplaying Leipzig impact on Nkunkus career thus far.
It's Rangnick trying to take credit for Nkunku when in fact he wasn't some unknown and ignored gem unearthed by big brain Rangnick.

Rolaholic

It's Rangnick trying to take credit for Nkunku when in fact he wasn't some unknown and ignored gem unearthed by big brain Rangnick.
Think you guys are reading way too much into that :lol:

Pretty sure they mean out of the current crop of young talent at RB rather than trying to claim that they were discovered there.

Tarrou

you guys are definitely over analysing the phrase "coming from the Red Bull group"

anyway, when has a club saying a player isn't for sale really meant anything? I can see him leaving this summer for sure

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Micro analysing there

red_de_pologne

This is a phrase used by Fabrizio Romano not something Rangnick said, and obviously means young talent currently at the Red Bull clubs.

yamo123x

This guy is like MARTIAL but works hard, he comes alive in and around the box, has good feet, would suit the prem.
Watched him most of this season, he stands out big time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This guy is like MARTIAL but works hard, he comes alive in and around the box, has good feet, would suit the prem.
Watched him most of this season, he stands out big time.
He has that much ability with the ball at feet?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How has he gone from like 7 goals last season to 30+ this year?

marktan

He has that much ability with the ball at feet?
He's nowhere near Martial with the ball at his feet. He's much more like Rashford. If we sign him then yet again it shows we have no real team bulding plan other than signing names.

Status
Not open for further replies.