Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
What’s wrong with that? Ronaldo is our forward anyway. We just get a striker next summer. I’m sure they’ll be a new Darwin plus no.11 might be back and on form by then (strictly football related).
What ?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He makes far more sense for us this summer than Nunez because he can play any of the attacking positions. Nunez plays as a striker which is locked down by Ronaldo or from the left where we have Rashford, Sancho and Elanga. It was reported we wanted a versatile forward and I think he’s the best option. I suspect he’s going to cost a lot though and be wanted by other clubs.

Trex

He should but its not happening this summer. Per The Athletic article, Whitwell said we've limited ten Hag to one big outlay signing this summer.
Its usually that way every summer
Di maria
Pogba
Lukaku
-----------
Maguire
-----------
Sancho
*Frankie
Other signing usually under £50m

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
He should but its not happening this summer. Per The Athletic article, Whitwell said we've limited ten Hag to one big outlay signing this summer.
Didn't a journalist say he was our second choice for a forward after Nunez?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think Leipzig have tied him down for another year, should get a big move the next season.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He’s not as good as is made out IMO.
I kinda think the same, I even doubt he can ever have another season like this one. I think he maximized his abilities and I don't see much room for improvement.

MrSingh2002

Nkunku was excellent when he came on for France vs Austria today.

Very clever to drop off and get on the ball to get France going and break down Austria.

Got the assist too. I like his clever runs and timing when he goes in behind. Good touches and passing today. Impressed. I'd now like us to spunk the money we had for Nunez on Nkunku.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Very clever to drop off and get on the ball to get France going and break down Austria.

Got the assist too. I like his clever runs and timing when he goes in behind. Good touches and passing today. Impressed. I'd now like us to spunk the money we had for Nunez on Nkunku.
He’s an incredibly complete footballer. I love him. In a footballing sense.

spe88

That’s if we were ever in for Nunez. Seems like we were used to drive the price up to be honest.

MrSingh2002

He’s an incredibly complete footballer. I love him. In a footballing sense.
All I remember is him being on the PSG bench and not getting a chance but he must've been young too.

Then all of a sudden he has solid success in the Bundesliga. We haven't been linked with many strikers but Nunez and Nkunku were the standouts this summer. The shame is that Leipzig don't look like they want to sell and with his contract length they don't have to yet.

They'll know he could do well at the World Cup too this winter and sell for a higher price in January if they needed to.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah, surprising you don't rate Nkunku but were/are a fan of Martial, who's flopped massively at two clubs now.
I see. Are they the same person or something? I don’t get your surprise nir the correlation.

Drainy

I see. Are they the same person or something? I don’t get your surprise nir the correlation.
I mean, he's basically a younger better more productive and harder working Martial who has taken his place in the national team so presumably you would rate him higher, which is why the poster is surprised

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean, he's basically a younger better more productive and harder working Martial who has taken his place in the national team so presumably you would rate him higher, which is why the poster is surprised
He has nothing in common with Martial outside of being french and black.

JPRouve

Scout
They play the same positions, although Nkunku is more versatile. Another way he's better.

He seems to have taken Martials place in the squad, no?
They don't and not he hasn't taken Martial's place first because Martial never had a place and because he replaced Fékir as Griezmann's backup.

Drainy

They don't and not he hasn't taken Martial's place first because Martial never had a place and because he replaced Fékir as Griezmann's backup.
Well, I'll agree with you that they are incomparable as footballers insofar as one is a versatile well rounded footballer, while the other passes themselves off as a striker because they used to be a good dribbler.

croadyman

Focus on De Jong with some shrewd deals around him this summer, then when back in CL go all in for Bellingham/Rice & Nkunku next summer.

JPRouve

Scout
Well, I'll agree with you that they are incomparable as footballers insofar as one is a versatile well rounded footballer, while the other passes themselves off as a striker because they used to be a good dribbler.
They are incomparable because they didn't even start from the same spot, Nkunku playing as a striker is something recent otherwise we are talking about a PSG prospect that was mainly playing as a CM/AM, he was never a striker and wasn't close to it. Martial at Lyon and Monaco was a striker and prolific one. Also Nkunku was and still isn't a "dribbler", he excels off-the-ball while Martial is an on ball player and his issue is off-the-ball.

These are two players that have always been distinctly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.