Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Then you know nothing about him if this is your assessment.
He's a support striker or a left winger looking how he would play for a Ten Hag side. He wouldn't be used elsewhere. Hence we don't need him. It's that simple IMO. He's a good player, but i don't think he is what Ten Hag will feel we need (and there's been pretty much 0 rumors linking us to him since Ten Hag took over). This new contract has a 50m release clause next summer, let's see if we are in for him then. But for now? CM, RW, ST, RB have to be the priorities... And he is none of those.

croadyman

He's a support striker or a left winger looking how he would play for a Ten Hag side. He wouldn't be used elsewhere. Hence we don't need him. It's that simple IMO. He's a good player, but i don't think he is what Ten Hag will feel we need (and there's been pretty much 0 rumors linking us to him since Ten Hag took over). This new contract has a 50m release clause next summer, let's see if we are in for him then. But for now? CM, RW, ST, RB have to be the priorities... And he is none of those.
Don't forget the old fave CDM as well

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't forget the old fave CDM as well
Yeah of course. TBH though I can see just De Jong being signed in midfield and then Ten Hag seeing Fred or McTominay as a coaching opportunity for that other role (at least going based on his Ajax sides, Alvarez was a CB wasn't he that ETH used at DM? Schone a previous attacking mid or winger that ETH used as Frenkie's partner. Van de Beek occasionally. He didn't seem to use outright defensive mids, but more just trained someone into being a more positionally stable role. So with us having Bruno, VDB, Fred, McTominay and adding De Jong next season (Garner probably another loan), then I can see ETH just looking to train one of ours for that role.

pascell

He actually plays the whole of the front four positions and his output in goals and assists is nearly the same in all four positions, so I'm still going with that you havent followed him closely enough this season. We do need him as we have one striker and no RW in our squad, it's that simple imo. He's a high quality player, with great numbers, who's only going to get better and is versatile yet consistent.

Sparky Rhiwabon

What is it with this obsession that without Ralfy chops Nkunku could never become a Utd player. Are they lovers? Best friends? Father and son?
No, I think it’s more that it’s assumed that Nkunu was a target that Ralf had earmarked. Now that all Ralf's findings have been binned, he’s no longer a target.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
No, I think it’s more that it’s assumed that Nkunu was a target that Ralf had earmarked. Now that all Ralf's findings have been binned, he’s no longer a target.
All of his recommendations were an upgrade and would walk into the starting xi.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems a fair deal by Leipzig. Get 1 more year out of him then if he does well, another club gets a bargain.

Not sure he was what we needed this year anyway.

Rolaholic

Really wish we would've worked on this before getting rid of Ralf, next summer he'll have a plethora of the elite clubs after him given his 60m release clause.

Rolaholic

How could they ask for 100 millions when the supposed release clause is about 60 millions?
100m if he's to leave this summer

Every club is obviously going to wait for his clause to kick in though.

It's basically to ward everyone off for 1 year so they keep him

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
100m if he's to leave this summer

Every club is obviously going to wait for his clause to kick in though.

It's basically to ward everyone off for 1 year so they keep him
Yes. Like BVB with Haaland last summer.

Rolaholic

Yes. Like BVB with Haaland last summer.
Yes and like them with Sancho the Summer before.

It works for the club since the player is worth more to them right now than they likely could get on the market.

They know they won't keep the player long-term but squeezing an extra years worth of performances out of them is more valuable than any replacement they'll get realistically.

Irwin99

I click on threads thinking 'I wonder if we're linked with this player and he'll sign for us' and then immediately read something negative that says he's going somewhere else or is staying at his current club :lol: :(

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Unsure when the release clause activates? It's low given they wanted 100m for him this summer.
Assuming the figure is true, one would assume Leipzig would have accepted such a low release clause on the condition that Nkunku stays another season. At least.

Status
Not open for further replies.