Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Should be a good target for next season.

If we get this summer right, we should be in a good position to reinforce ST, CB & GK which are fairly costly positions.

croadyman

Should be a good target for next season.

If we get this summer right, we should be in a good position to reinforce ST, CB & GK which are fairly costly positions.
So in your opinion what do we have to get in order to make it right then

SAF is the GOAT

How probable it will be for us to bring him instead of Cristiano ?

we'll maybe need another striker(because we didn't have a success with Nunez this season and we'll have to replace Martial and #11),

Don't forget the "never ending story" with a DM(Rice maybe ?),

another CB instead of Maguire that will turn 30 and he won't be any faster,

a capable RB that actually can attack

and lastly a GK instead of DDG(that right now have a contract until 6/2023 that can pass and control the box

croadyman

How probable it will be for us to bring him instead of Cristiano ?

we'll maybe need another striker(because we didn't have a success with Nunez this season and we'll have to replace Martial and #11),

Don't forget the "never ending story" with a DM(Rice maybe ?),

another CB instead of Maguire that will turn 30 and he won't be any faster,

a capable RB that actually can attack

and lastly a GK instead of DDG(that right now have a contract until 6/2023 that can pass and control the box
Presume you mean next summer for those

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I won't be too upset over losing him as even though his versatility is supremely impressive i never feel easy about Bundesliga prospects unless they perform highly in Europe and even then it's not a guarantee.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Any chance they would be willing to sell now? They've signed Werner and have Sesko arriving next year.

Did they always intend on keeping Nkunku and adding more attackers, or were these just opportunities they didn't expect? In which case, they might accept a good offer now.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Any chance they would be willing to sell now? They've signed Werner and have Sesko arriving next year.

Did they always intend on keeping Nkunku and adding more attackers, or were these just opportunities they didn't expect? In which case, they might accept a good offer now.
Didn’t he just sign a new contract this year?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I think getting Werner back and Sesko arriving next summer is in preparation for Nkunku leaving after this season. He signed an extension with the release clause with a move in 2023 in mind. Don’t think there’s a chance he goes anywhere this summer.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think getting Werner back and Sesko arriving next summer is in preparation for Nkunku leaving after this season. He signed an extension with the release clause with a move in 2023 in mind. Don’t think there’s a chance he goes anywhere this summer.
What's the release clause for next summer? It'd be interesting to know what they'd do if they were offered that amount now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What's the release clause for next summer? It'd be interesting to know what they'd do if they were offered that amount now.
€60m - I doubt the clause is active this summer.

JB7

I think it is from next summer. But I just wonder why they wanted an extra year and if they'd cash in now given they have their replacements. Afterall, he could rupture his cruciates this season and never be worth that money again. If they have set a price for in 1 year, why not now?
I agree, or even a little higher than the release clause, it would be certainly be interesting to see what they would do. They certainly wouldn't have been expecting to bring Werner back on a permanent deal when he signed the contract, and with them having signed Sesko for next summer I'd wonder if they would take an offer of say £5-10m over next years release clause now. The RB clubs tend to be relatively realistic when selling players as they back their scouting network to replace players, in this instance he's already replaced.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Any decent DOF will hang up the phone when they see Man Utd in caller ID. Every man and their dogs know Man Utd is desperate. Now is time to double the price.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
We went heavy for this guy. If it had been possible to get him for 60 he would be wearing a Chelsea jersey already.

ANY discussion of Werner going back would also have triggered more discussions at the very least about his future. I don’t see him moving this window.

AFC NimbleThumb

Is it just me or do the fans of the North London clubs get more vocal after their teams win a game. It’s good to have fans from other clubs join in on here otherwise you could just get an echo chamber but I’ve never once been compelled to join an Arsenal forum & comment on their transfer dealings.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Is it just me or do the fans of the North London clubs get more vocal after their teams win a game. It’s good to have fans from other clubs join in on here otherwise you could just get an echo chamber but I’ve never once been compelled to join an Arsenal forum & comment on their transfer dealings.
I find one of the Chelsea newbies quite funny, very confident in their club

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Any decent DOF will hang up the phone when they see Man Utd in caller ID. Every man and their dogs know Man Utd is desperate. Now is time to double the price.
Well they have to pick up the phone before doubling the price and hanging up. You’d know how a phone works if anyone cared enough to call you.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
They are business men, they aren’t as fickle and petty like fans are. They’ll know having a good relationship with one of the biggest clubs in the world is important. Manchester United isn’t the joke rival fans like to make them out to be, higher ups in football know better and still have the respect and always will for United and will always negotiate and act in good faith.

RoyH1

They are business men, they aren’t as fickle and petty like fans are. They’ll know having a good relationship with one of the biggest clubs in the world is important. Manchester United isn’t the joke rival fans like to make them out to be, higher ups in football know better and still have the respect and always will for United and will always negotiate and act in good faith.
Not to mention that the club actually pays in full all of it's commitments down to the last penny. Which is more than can be said for many so called big clubs out there.
So, yes sporting directors and agents will always take a call from Manchester United. Signing a contract and landing a sale is tough currently , but that will chance the moment we are in the Champions League again.

Anderson_7_

My dream signing, too bad there's zero chance of it happening. :(

I just hope he doesn't go to City.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why would they hang up the phone if they want to double the price? Surely you’d take the call. Man the contradiction in that post is making my head spin

Chief123

Looks like he’s set to move to Chelsea in the summer. €60m release clause is a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.