Film Christopher Nolan's 'Oppenheimer'

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Florence Pugh, Rami Malek And Benny Safdie Join Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer

Because he didn't have enough big names in his latest film already, Christopher Nolan has added three more actors to Oppenheimer. Florence Pugh, Rami Malek and Benny Safdie are all now part of the movie, which stars Cillian Murphy as the controversial scientist J. Robert Oppenheimer, who helped developed the atomic bomb during World War II.

Nolan has set the film up at Universal, and it promises "an epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it."

Pugh will be Jean Tatlock, a member of the Communist Party of the United States who has an off-and-on affair with Oppenheimer and was the cause of major security concerns for government officials, while Safdie is Edward Teller, the Hungarian physicist who is known as the father of the hydrogen bomb and a member of the Manhattan Project, the US research initiative that developed the atomic weapon. Malek is playing one of the scientists on the project.

Alongside Murphy, there's Matt Damon as Lt. Gen. Leslie Groves, the director of the Manhattan Project, Emily Blunt as Oppenheimer’s wife, Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer and Robert Downey Jr. as Lewis Strauss, the infamous chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission who initiated hearings that questioned Oppenheimer’s loyalty to the United States and famously had the scientist’s security clearance revoked.

The film is set for a 21 July, 2023 release.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies...ny-safdie-join-christopher-nolan-oppenheimer/

:drool:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can’t wait to be deafened by music and sound effects and barely be able to hear dialogue.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I can’t wait to be deafened by music and sound effects and barely be able to hear dialogue.
Always had this gripe about Nolan movies as well. Always seems like I'm being smashed over the head with the music as though it's saying "LISTEN TO HOW DRAMATIC AND POIGNANT THIS IS! IT'S TIME TO FEEL SOMETHING NOW!".

Make me feel something with the actual drama, you prick.

b82REZ

Can't wait. Much as I love Nolans work, he needs to fecking redeem himself after that pile of sh*te Tenet.
His last two have been poor, I thought Dunkirk was dull considering the reality of that rescue mission.

Tenet was awful.

Kazi

Past his prime so not expecting much

Hopefully he gets a second wind at some point

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
His last two have been poor, I thought Dunkirk was dull considering the reality of that rescue mission.

Tenet was awful.
I can look beyond some of Dunkirks failings and still enjoy the film. Tenet, I watched for about 40 mins and turned off. Saying something that I actually bought it and still haven't finished it off.

Volumiza

Past his prime so not expecting much

Hopefully he gets a second wind at some point
He'll have a second wind when he stops being wedded to dicking around with time. Saying that, rarely do directors have a second wind thinking about it.

b82REZ

I can look beyond some of Dunkirks failings and still enjoy the film. Tenet, I watched for about 40 mins and turned off. Saying something that I actually bought it and still haven't finished it off.
Dunkirk isn't bad but it's incredibly boring.

Consider yourself lucky that you only wasted 40 minutes of your life of Tenet.

MadMike

So true. I watched Tenet in the cinema and I couldn't understand what was being said to save my life. Why does the sound have to be so horribly imbalanced?

I will probably watch it again in the future but with subtitles on and see if I grasp more of what's going on.

Volumiza

I'm a big fan of Nolan but I just don't get what the f*ck the sound department are thinking when they release the films. Who, where and why would anyone release films with such poor audio? I've messed around with sound settings for ages before realising the mixing itself is just broken.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I like his movies. They’re at least trying something different. It’s better than endless reboots, sequels, fatiguing superhero movies, and pandering to nostalgic men.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm a big fan of Nolan but I just don't get what the f*ck the sound department are thinking when they release the films. Who, where and why would anyone release films with such poor audio? I've messed around with sound settings for ages before realising the mixing itself is just broken.
One youtube video I watched said it was mixed for certain high quality sound systems at cinemas but transfered poorly to lower quality sound systems.

Still a failing by the audio department

Volumiza

One youtube video I watched said it was mixed for certain high quality sound systems at cinemas but transfered poorly to lower quality sound systems.

They need to sort their sh*t out then and realise most people will be normal folk with normal setups and it still sound sh*t at the cinema though HC. I've got a semi decent setup and it is a real struggle to sort it. Bugs the heck out of me because you end up having the film loads louder than you normally would.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They need to sort their sh*t out then and realise most people will be normal folk with normal setups and it still sound sh*t at the cinema though HC. I've got a semi decent setup and it is a real struggle to sort it. Bugs the heck out of me because you end up having the film loads louder than you normally would.
I agree, it's basically elitism

Personally I had no problems with the audio and thought Tenet was a good but not great film

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
If you thought gunfire and artillery was loud - what about an atomic bomb. Boom.

SuperiorXI

Well I went to see Tenet in a giant IMAX cinema and it still sounded like ass, think they just fecked it up

Oldyella

I love Nolan, but Tenet was terrible. Clever at times but the majority of the time it failed badly.

He's allowed a dud.
Not on the Caf he's not!

I really liked Dunkirk, and Tenet was average for me, but it does feel like his earlier stuff was much better.

Mike Smalling

Of course, starring Cillian Murphy :lol:

Does any other director have such clear favorites? Seems like he has made it a rule that at least one of Murphy, Tom Hardy and Michael Caine has to be in his movies.