City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Then why can they still not bring in the commercial revenue that would allow them to spend within FFP regulations? The Premier League will be just fine, especially if Pep ends up at Chelsea :lol:
That remains to be seen, I don't know the details of City's finances. And allegations cover their earlier days, which makes sense, they needed injections to get to the top in an "artificial" manner. Why on earth would they have issues bringing in commercial revenue now?

The PL will be fine regardless of the outcome for sure.

Kylar Stern

That remains to be seen, I don't know the details of City's finances. And allegations cover their earlier days, which makes sense, they needed injections to get to the top in an "artificial" manner. Why on earth would they have issues bringing in commercial revenue now?

They wont have issues bringing in commercial revenue now. They clearly do have issues bringing in commercial revenue to the level they have claimed (IE, more than Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Liverpool etc) which is why we are having this conversation in the first place.

ROFLUTION

I doubt fans outside the big 6 give a feck. I don't see Soton fans caring much about who's at the top, hoping it's United instead of City.
it could mean staying in the league for them, so of course it would mean a lot to any mid or lowertable team

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
The wording is quite clever

“The clubs who had been pressing hardest for action until Monday were some other members of the so-called 'big six' - which includes Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham.”

Read it again it doesn’t say which clubs have been “pressing hardest “ it just tells you who the other members of the so called big six are

Reactions: Fortitude

M Bison

Supports
York City
Those leaked emails are shocking, surely those individuals will be in trouble with their respective professional body too? They’re qualified accountants and lawyers, should they be worried on a personal level too?

FlyingBadger

Definitely should be relegated to non-league. I can just hear Martin Tyler now…

It’s FC United of Manchester vs Manchester City and it’s liiiiiive!

adexkola

Supports
it could mean staying in the league for them, so of course it would mean a lot to any mid or lowertable team
The path to a City relegation is narrow. Again I don't think fans of Notts Forest are whipping up banners under the warm fuzzy feeling that City may go down instead of them... the coming weeks will tell

ROFLUTION

The path to a City relegation is narrow. Again I don't think fans of Notts Forest are whipping up banners under the warm fuzzy feeling that City may go down instead of them... the coming weeks will tell
banners is of course far fetched, but who on the brink of relegation would just shrug their shoulders? The whole Tevez debacle at West Ham caused huge annoyance too

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
you can tell they’re innocent because none of their sponsors (who pay city top bucks, the most of any football team,) are threatening to walk. sponsors don’t want to be associated with bad actors or be seen as complicit in bad practice. the fact none of city’s sponsors have released statements expressing concern with the allegations or their intention to part ways with them, means city have been able to placate them and ensure them that nothing will stick.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Which of their stars will want to play in the championship? It may not be a automatic promotion. They need to sign new stars & manager by then too.... All under a watchful eye and budgetary restrictions?
Championship feels too small of a punishment because they’ll be straight back up. Should be League 1 or 2

Gazza

I see that the caf's favorite neutral observer is putting on a masterclass in the art of spouting waffle in a most cocksure manner! :D

cyberman

Which of their stars will want to play in the championship? It may not be a automatic promotion. They need to sign new stars & manager by then too.... All under a watchful eye and budgetary restrictions?
When their finances are stripped away they won’t be allowed to keep their stars since they can’t afford them.
There will probably be new owners as well. The entire project will fall apart.
Even if they are big enough to attract new sponsors, who would rant their brand associates with this after a guilty verdict?

C'est Moi Cantona

The longer it goes on the better, as the papers have said the uncertainty will likely harm them in the summer, and hopefully beyond.

A quick resolution, with probably a points deduction, or best case relegated, will allow them to draw a line under it, think they've been punished appropriately, and just move on.

The papers talk about them having lots of legit money because of all the players they've sold, and have to sell, conveniently not mentioning the fact these players have been paid for with the money they are alleged to have had no right to spend.

Fluctuation0161

If they broke the rules, they should be punished. But to be honest, I find it very hard to judge them for this since FFP is a farce and was only put in place to ensure that those who are at the top remain at the top. It's a shitty rule made by shitty people sold as something great and romantic to the fans. Good for top clubs, bad for small clubs. feck FFP.
So you find it hard to judge liars and cheats, OK.

UDontMessWith24

They haven't been relevant long enough to grow a global brand like United and Liverpool, basically from scratch.

Fluctuation0161

Your second paragraph is so stupid I won't even respond to it.

With regards to the 1st one - yes! To grow organically, within their means, and not to face the scenarios we've seen time and time again in football where they've been too greedy and ambitious, ruin the clubs, feck off, and leave entire communities in disarray.
Sorry this is too logical.

Needs moar #Cartel.

Ironic that some are claiming FFP is a Cartel when an actual Cartel have been cheating and conducting fraud to bypass it (allegedly).

cyberman

it’s because they have no fans and have never been respected.
There is no magic formula which says win x amount and you have x amount of fans. It doesn’t work like that hence the cheating.
Last year United sold 3 odd millions shirts, City barely scrapped past 1m.
What’s the going rate for winning a trophy? 1b prize pool?
look at how rich the EPL clubs are, you don’t need to win titles for it to sky rocket, it doesn’t seem to be an important factor yet City did that and then some.
Feck me we had higher revenue during our really lean years than Madrid who were winning 4 CLs in 5 years. Winning means feck all in the grand scheme of things

Fluctuation0161

Why? The Wikipedia definition reads as follows: A cartel is a group of independent market participants who collude with each other in order to improve their profits and dominate the market. Cartels are usually associations in the same sphere of business, and thus an alliance of rivals.
Sorry, which Club has been dominating the transfer market and winning unprecedented trophies through collusion? Hmmmmm.

Gazza

"Why on earth would City have issues bringing in commercial revenue now?" I mean I don't even know where to start with that statement!

stevoc

It’s only nonsense because you’ve argued against something that I haven’t actually said.
Well that was sarcasm mate. But you do think United were one of the main drivers behind the introduction of FFP as a means of protecting their position yes?

adexkola

Supports
They haven't been relevant long enough to grow a global brand like United and Liverpool, basically from scratch.
I think this point is taken as truth by a lot of people on here and frankly, historical success gets overvalued massively by legacy fans.

"Why on earth would City have issues bringing in commercial revenue now?" I mean I don't even know where to start with that statement!
Then don't :smirk:

Fluctuation0161

In 19/20 Brighton was at €147M revenue, United at €651M. Even if United stopped growing and Brighton growed by 10% per year, they would need 16 years to get to United's level. The problem for Brighton is that the top clubs are actually growing faster than the runner ups.

Let's be real, it is literally impossible to organically grow into a top club. You need capital injections for that to happen.

And now, that really my last post in here ;)
Invest in player development, sports science and innovative coaching over a long perios.of time. Good ideas get rewarded.

cyberman

What fecking positions are the cartel in England supposed to be protecting? Our EL spots?
There’s some drivel being spouted on here

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Well that was sarcasm mate. But you do think United were one of the main drivers behind the introduction of FFP as a means of protecting their position yes?
Not just Utd- the larger clubs, the ones trying to maintain their positions. Basically the ones with most to lose from the possibility of oil money clubs. I don’t blame them - all clubs are motivated by self preservation and protection of their positions.

adexkola

Supports
it’s because they have no fans and have never been respected.
There is no magic formula which says win x amount and you have x amount of fans. It doesn’t work like that hence the cheating.
Last year United sold 3 odd millions shirts, City barely scrapped past 1m.
What’s the going rate for winning a trophy? 1b prize pool?
look at how rich the EPL clubs are, you don’t need to win titles for it to sky rocket, it doesn’t seem to be an important factor yet City did that and then some.
Feck me we had higher revenue during our really lean years than Madrid who were winning 4 CLs in 5 years. Winning means feck all in the grand scheme of things
So no need to win trophies then? If you won enough in the past, that prestige will get you through decades of shit years? And conversely, you can't win fans through winning trophies and gaining more exposure? So if you were a small club before, you're pretty much doomed?

This is so counter-intuitive that all my mind is agreeing with you

cyberman

So no need to win trophies then? If you won enough in the past, that prestige will get you through decades of shit years? And conversely, you can't win fans through winning trophies and gaining more exposure? So if you were a small club before, you're pretty much doomed?

English clubs are dominating the top 10/20 rich lists in terms of revenue and we don’t hand out 10/20 league titles per season?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Winning trophies is really the only way these days to "gain" new fans, kids these days have a tendency to support whichever team is winning the trophies at the time they start following football

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What fecking positions are the cartel in England supposed to be protecting? Our EL spots?
There’s some drivel being spouted on here
Exactly. We've not won the league in 10 years. We've finished outside the top 4 several times. This so called cartel are really not very good at their jobs are they?

City fans are very very worried. That thread on Bluemoon is foaming with fear.

Gazza

I think this point is taken as truth by a lot of people on here and frankly, historical success gets overvalued massively by legacy fans.

Then don't :smirk:
I can do what I like, thanks! I don't actually need you to engage with me, but I'll continue to point out inane statements when I see them. :)