City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

ShinjiNinja26

This is why no one gives a flying feck about City no matter what they win. Any achievements will always be marred by the stench of corruption. Cheating cnuts.

tomaldinho1

Wow the bitterness. Guys this is another non - starter. Another trolling by the media rehashing the same old stuff.

There's a reason non of this ends up in fines or bans or main media, and that's because it is clickbait designed to get lfc and utd fans excited and clicking.

You guys carry on though, like the CAS thread I'll come back and say told you so. But for now let the accusations and misinformation fly.
Not to dispute the fact nothing will happen here or even that this info is accurate but you get the entire farce of the CAS situation was that evidence of cheating was uncovered but it couldn’t be used in that specific case as it was time barred?

Hence why every man and his dog is assuming there is also something untoward in this scenario.

0le

Wow the bitterness. Guys this is another non - starter. Another trolling by the media rehashing the same old stuff.

There's a reason non of this ends up in fines or bans or main media, and that's because it is clickbait designed to get lfc and utd fans excited and clicking.

You guys carry on though, like the CAS thread I'll come back and say told you so. But for now let the accusations and misinformation fly.
Moans about trolling then suggests they only visit the forum to troll others.

CM

If anything was going to stick it would've been the FFP stuff with UEFA last summer, there actually seemed to be some jeopardy there. They'll get away with a rap on the knuckles and probably an under the table payment to whatever corrupt body they can find to help them out.

City and others have been involved in shady dealings for years. The only punishment I can remember with any significance was Chelsea's transfer ban, and even that was inadequate. The teams who get stung by FFP are usually Championship clubs who are comparatively small fry.

RUCK4444

This is why no one gives a flying feck about City no matter what they win. Any achievements will always be marred by the stench of corruption. Cheating cnuts.
Exactly this. For the life of me I’ll never know how somebody chooses to support such a rancid and corrupt club.

Genuinely, and they probably pretend not to acknowledge this, but nobody gives a sh*t when they win something for these reasons.

Fluctuation0161

Haha! You're deluded mate.

It is a story because once again City are trying to obstruct an investigation against them by withholding information. It may have worked with UEFA but only because there was a time barred technicality.

The only misinformation is coming from your club ironically enough.

Yes, they may buy their way out of this with expensive lawyers. But the reality is they have been faking sponsorships for years.

SER19

One of the strangest things is how many City fans behave. I actually have sympathy for one's who've been there through it all. They didn't ask for these owners and they couldn't exactly prevent it and you can understand why they're happy to win things.

What i can't understand though is how many will absolutely tie themselves in knots trying to act as if its all above board and claim anybody that says otherwise is just bitter. The same tired arguments and mental gymnastics for over a decade.

Separately, i suspect that city fans, even if they don't know, can never actually feel the joy of success as its so obviously cloaked in suspicion. What Wigan fans felt beating them in cup final was likely a million times more authentically joyful than any title win for city. They've sold their souls

stevoc

Haha! You're deluded mate.

It is a story because once again City are trying to obstruct an investigation against them by withholding information. It may have worked with UEFA but only because there was a time barred technicality.

The only misinformation is coming from your club ironically enough.

Yes, they may buy their way out of this with expensive lawyers. But the reality is they have been faking sponsorships for years.
To be honest it's a complete farce that it's taken this long for their dodgy sponsorships to be brought to light in the media. Anyone with half a functioning brain knew from day 1 that none of those companies would legitimately pay as much as they did to sponsor Man City. I mean Etihad are a failing company hemorrhaging money yet apparently thought it made good business sense to give Man City an unprecedented 10 year shirt/stadium sponsorship deal.

stevoc

One of the strangest things is how many City fans behave. I actually have sympathy for one's who've been there through it all. They didn't ask for these owners and they couldn't exactly prevent it and you can understand why they're happy to win things.

What i can't understand though is how many will absolutely tie themselves in knots trying to act as if its all above board and claim anybody that says otherwise is just bitter. The same tired arguments and mental gymnastics for over a decade.

Separately, i suspect that city fans, even if they don't know, can never actually feel the joy of success as its so obviously cloaked in suspicion. What Wigan fans felt beating them in cup final was likely a million times more authentically joyful than any title win for city. They've sold their souls
Sport washing in action mate.

Guy Incognito

Basically, City sponsored themselves to cover FFP. The Premier League wanted to see documents, City haven't complied and have been in a league battle for 2 years with the league. The Mail found out but were gagged and unable to report it, until now.
Didn't most pundits realise this would be the case?

I mean, Wenger said this in 2011:

"For example, if you get to control the resources [of a club], you put the name of a company on the shirt. If it is a private company they can decide how much money they put in the sponsorship. It can be a disguise sponsorship.

“Will that sponsorship on the shirt be at the level of the price of the market?

“For example, maybe if [Roman] Abramovich has one of his companies and the usual price is £10 million on the shirt, if he puts £50 million, can you go against that?"
Shocking the media don't seem interested in City paying its staff two salaries either.

stevoc

Didn't most pundits realise this would be the case?

I mean, Wenger said this in 2011:

Shocking the media don't seem interested in City paying its staff two salaries either.
Funny you mention that, a fair few of them are probably getting 2nd salary themselves from the same people.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
From a City perspective, I don't really see why this is an issue or surprising. If you just consider:
1. FFP was a rule in the competition you're taking part in, regardless of if you like it or believe in it.
2. City have been able to pay higher salaries and spend more on transfers than anyone else over the last decade.
3. They did this while 'complying with FFP'.
4. To achieve this, they banked more commercial revenue than any other club, despite - and surely no City fan could dispute this back in 11/12 - nowhere near as large a commercial draw.
5. So someone paid above market rates for that commercial revenue, which was used to buy players, which accorded with FFP. Who could that be I wonder?
6. Ah, it's all the owners family and friends.

Now, there's plenty of ways you can justify it: these are private companies that can do what they want, who are you to determine fair value and so forth. But the simple truth is every single City fan KNOWS that City are breaking the rules to outspend everyone, and every City fan DOESN'T CARE. Which is totally fine and typical of football fans.

But when you get caught cheating - again even if you don't like the law - you can't delude yourself out of the situation.

Then again, City are just trying the Trump strategy of holding it up in courts, suing everyone and yelling loudly that they're innocent. Will it work as well as Trump? I guess that depends on how similar City fans are to Republicans.

Robertd0803

3 league titles on trial..

I don't like it.
While better to win on the pitch, if your opponent is blatantly cheating then it makes sense to award the title to the party that was following the rules. Either that or mark it null and void and nobody gets it.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
From a City perspective, I don't really see why this is an issue or surprising. If you just consider:
1. FFP was a rule in the competition you're taking part in, regardless of if you like it or believe in it.
2. City have been able to pay higher salaries and spend more on transfers than anyone else over the last decade.
3. They did this while 'complying with FFP'.
4. To achieve this, they banked more commercial revenue than any other club, despite - and surely no City fan could dispute this back in 11/12 - nowhere near as large a commercial draw.
5. So someone paid above market rates for that commercial revenue, which was used to buy players, which accorded with FFP. Who could that be I wonder?
6. Ah, it's all the owners family and friends.

Now, there's plenty of ways you can justify it: these are private companies that can do what they want, who are you to determine fair value and so forth. But the simple truth is every single City fan KNOWS that City are breaking the rules to outspend everyone, and every City fan DOESN'T CARE. Which is totally fine and typical of football fans.

But when you get caught cheating - again even if you don't like the law - you can't delude yourself out of the situation.

Then again, City are just trying the Trump strategy of holding it up in courts, suing everyone and yelling loudly that they're innocent. Will it work as well as Trump? I guess that depends on how similar City fans are to Republicans.
It won’t be down to City fans in the end. It’s going to be a combination of FA, politicians, and possibly independent arbitrators. UEFA will watch with interest, as will every other FA in the world. Also keeping an eye on the outcome will be every rich tinpot dictatorship on the planet. I mean if UAE can get away with this in England…

Giggsy13

You’re shameless and deluded. The CAS decision was based solely on a statute of limitations barring certain evidence from being considered in UEFA’s ruling. There was never a finding of fact that said there was no evidence of corruption or financial doping. No such technical defence exists here, which is why city is using tactics to delay the disclosure of evidence.

stevoc

If they remove the titles from City, I’d rather they weren’t handed to the second place.
Yeah that would probably make more of a statement and be a permanent reminder of City's cheating if in the history books there were 2-3 years where the PL had no winners.

Matthew84!

I can't see how any club can be happy that City have cheated, they've created a team that can basically win all domestic titles in their sleep.
Someone should get a huge banner made at Old Trafford with 'City cheating there way through life'
I think its only fair if all their titles are taken away and a transfer ban.

TrustInOle

Yeah that would probably make more of a statement and be a permanent reminder of City's cheating if in the history books there were 2-3 years where the PL had no winners.
I like this idea. Nobody would forget that way and would hopefully send a message.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

You dont sound like a Trumper or a QAnon type at all nope.

Where theres smoke there is fire and you are living in denial.,

Ramshock

Basically, City sponsored themselves to cover FFP. The Premier League wanted to see documents, City haven't complied and have been in a league battle for 2 years with the league. The Mail found out but were gagged and unable to report it, until now.
This is what happens when you let a nation state run a club. The money is there and had their been no restrictions put in place they would have had a 75 plus Million pound player in every position with a 50 Million plus player as back up for every position.

Zen86

I can't see how any club can be happy that City have cheated, they've created a team that can basically win all domestic titles in their sleep.
Someone should get a huge banner made at Old Trafford with 'City cheating there way through life'
I think its only fair if all their titles are taken away and a transfer ban.
A few people hold this twisted view that having one or two clubs with more money than all the others put together is a win for football because it breaks up “the cartel”. Deluded logic.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A few people hold this twisted view that having one or two clubs with more money than all the others put together is a win for football because it breaks up “the cartel”. Deluded logic.
I think it was Matt Law who tweeted something daft like this regarding Chelsea success.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
It’s clearly not though as it’s on going and they had a gagging order not to talk about it. It’s not like they’re just talking out their behinds for no reason.

I understand why you have to believe it’s nothing, but it really isn’t.
Because I've seen it all before. The actual FFP stuff was based on 5 emails out of hundreds of thousands. 1of them a cut and paste job.

It's all just so amateurish. No wonder CAS threw it out as "fruit from a poisoned branch"

This latest stuff is rehashed of the old stuff (right at the time we're going to go for kane and grealish) and will lead nowhere except get clicks for the newspaper. Its what utd/lfc fans want to read, especially when city are successful.... None of this will exist when pep goes.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's natural evolution.

A strong response from football would be to eliminate the possibility of having "a cartel" all together, but that makes too much sense.

TrustInOle

Id rather the 2nd place team was awarded the title.
Whilst having more titles would be an added bonus, would feel wrong to take a title at 2nd place, winning should be done on merit and not hand me outs. I'd rather cheating was properly punished and used as an example.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Because I've seen it all before. The actual FFP stuff was based on 5 emails out of hundreds of thousands. 1of them a cut and paste job.

It's all just so amateurish. No wonder CAS threw it out as "fruit from a poisoned branch"

This latest stuff is rehashed of the old stuff (right at the time we're going to go for kane and grealish) and will lead nowhere except get clicks for the newspaper. Its what utd/lfc fans want to read, especially when city are successful.... None of this will exist when pep goes.
No they threw it out due to time barring.

It’s not just searching for clicks though is it, because they literally weren’t allowed to talk about it until now.

I assume we don’t know the full evidence that is currently being discussed, and you can pretend that city are holier than thou (even know they have already been punished for things like his before), but we both know your team is corrupt as hell (and it isn’t your fault btw, I actually feel bad for genuine city fans).

ShinjiNinja26

No they threw it out due to time barring.

It’s not just searching for clicks though is it, because they literally weren’t allowed to talk about it until now.

I assume we don’t know the full evidence that is currently being discussed, and you can pretend that city are holier than thou (even know they have already been punished for things like his before), but we both know your team is corrupt as hell (and it isn’t your fault btw, I actually feel bad for genuine city fans).
Save your breath. It’s like taking to a brick wall with these deluded cnuts.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Much as we all wish they were held to account for all the financial doping, none of these investigations have any real teeth or amount to anything.

They briefly had their head in the noose and wriggled out of it and I don’t see anything coming of this particular investigation because there’s no real sporting or political will to punish them.

The only way this changes is that the UAE goes rogue and becomes a political persona non grata along the lines of MBS’s Saudi and thus forces the politicians‘ hand to intervene along the lines of the way they did to kybosh the Newcastle takeover.

That isn’t about to happen because the UAE’s ruling family isn’t as clumsy as MBS. For another example, see Qatar who’ve also perfected the art of sportswashing.

Zen86

It's natural evolution.

A strong response from football would be to eliminate the possibility of having "a cartel" all together, but that makes too much sense.
I wouldn’t really class nation state backing of two or three clubs for sports washing purposes as “natural evolution”. It’s somewhat the opposite.

But yet, it would be nice to create a level playing field amongst all clubs.

Ramshock

Whilst having more titles would be an added bonus, would feel wrong to take a title at 2nd place, winning should be done on merit and not hand me outs. I'd rather cheating was properly punished and used as an example.
The problem with that is you are punishing the 2nd place team who got there on merit and may have won the title outright if City hadnt have been a bunch of corrupt bastards