City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Fluctuation0161

Because I've seen it all before. The actual FFP stuff was based on 5 emails out of hundreds of thousands. 1of them a cut and paste job.

It's all just so amateurish. No wonder CAS threw it out as "fruit from a poisoned branch"

This latest stuff is rehashed of the old stuff (right at the time we're going to go for kane and grealish) and will lead nowhere except get clicks for the newspaper. Its what utd/lfc fans want to read, especially when city are successful.... None of this will exist when pep goes.
So you've seen multiple allegations of corruption at your club. But its those nasty Liverpool and United fans causing it ! :lol:

Head in the sand mate.

RedStarUnited

Will never happen but…If Pep decided to leave City because he doesnt want his wins marred by controversy, he will be rated even higher than he already is. But he is probably getting paid 2/3 times what anyone else anywhere would pay him so he wont go anywhere.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Will never happen but…If Pep decided to leave City because he doesnt want his wins marred by controversy, he will be rated even higher than he already is. But he is probably getting paid 2/3 times what anyone else anywhere would pay him so he wont go anywhere.
His current contract runs to 2023 and that would take him to 7 years - I'd be very surprised if he stayed beyond that.

Fluctuation0161

Plus his brother got Girona FC.

Nothing to see here. Just those bitter fans making up stories about lovely City and their cuddly owners.

Why Girona? Manchester City’s deal with Pep Guardiola’s brother raises questions
Of all the football deals in all the world, what attracted Manchester City’s Abu Dhabi owner and executives to go into business with their manager Pep Guardiola’s brother and agent?
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-pep-guardiola-brother-questions

RedDevilRoshi

Nothing will happen as they always find a way to squirm their way out of these things.

Will most likely just be a wee token fine handed to them.

lsd

The Oracle
If you use an illegal hacker to get evidence can that be really used though?

lsd

The Oracle
This is why no one gives a flying feck about City no matter what they win. Any achievements will always be marred by the stench of corruption. Cheating cnuts.

That's not entirely true though most neutral fans are happy enough to see City winning as it stops us winning.

Given a choice of watching us winning or watching a team cheat they will always opt for the team cheating.

ShinjiNinja26

That's not entirely true though most neutral fans are happy enough to see City winning as it stops us winning.

Given a choice of watching us winning or watching a team cheat they will always opt for the team cheating.
That’s the point though, City are irrelevant and their wins feel hollow due to the way they’ve went about it so no one has any issue with them winning. It doesn’t hurt the same way as it would with United or Liverpool.

lsd

The Oracle
That’s the point though, City are irrelevant and their wins feel hollow due to the way they’ve went about it so no one has any issue with them winning. It doesn’t hurt the same way as it would with United or Liverpool.

No the point is fans of other clubs don't care if City cheat so long as they win and we don't.

That's why nothing will happen.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
So you've seen multiple allegations of corruption at your club. But its those nasty Liverpool and United fans causing it ! :lol:

Head in the sand mate.
Head in sand of you like. But like I said this is all clickbait that suckers opposition fans in. I mean Where's this one going besides the bin?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Head in sand of you like. But like I said this is all clickbait that suckers opposition fans in. I mean Where's this one going besides the bin?
So you think the fact that the legal battle is continuing is just click bait?

Idxomer

Pep isn't some saint, he's also corrupt and a cheat.

Fluctuation0161

It isn't clickbait mate. It is a court ruling.

Yes, Manchester City might be the OJ Simpson of the Football World, getting away with murder because of expensive lawyers. But this court ruling adds to the large body of evidence showing corruption.

Cloud7

Whilst having more titles would be an added bonus, would feel wrong to take a title at 2nd place, winning should be done on merit and not hand me outs. I'd rather cheating was properly punished and used as an example.
It’s not a hand out because the second place team was there on merit and you can assume if the first place team didn’t break whatever rules then the second place team may have won it.

Inter were awarded a few titles this way after the Calciopoli stuff in Italy and I doubt they minded.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The just wont cover it apparently. Nothing to see here
There is a piece from a few days ago and to be fair (though I don’t like the Guardian), it does quote some of the courts comments which do not show City/their lawyers/representatives in a positive light.

From the comments made by the court, it is clear City tried to have everything kept under wraps (which we knew) and argued public disclosure would (1) prevent a fair hearing (I’m sure the judges loved that) and (2) they’d lose sponsors … you have to laugh at that. As if the made up sponsorship deals (allegedly) they have will be affected by hearsay.

Its like those major US cases you hear about where the defence lawyers don’t present evidence to demonstrate innocence, they just try and find legal loopholes to stop it.

If City were innocent, what a brilliant PR opportunity to say “fine. We’ll go to court and share all the evidence that shows our income is legit/market rates/all on the books”? …. I won’t hold my breath.

Scum.
As other posters have said, court rulings/comments are not clickbait. Especially when they are some of the most senior and experienced judges in the country. Just because they show City/their lawyers up, a fair minded City fan would at least acknowledge there’s a case, even if the outcome isn’t decided.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-still-investigating-manchester-city-over-ffp

Blueman

Supports
Man City
There is a piece from a few days ago and to be fair (though I don’t like the Guardian), it does quote some of the courts comments which do not show City/their lawyers/representatives in a positive light.

From the comments made by the court, it is clear City tried to have everything kept under wraps (which we knew) and argued public disclosure would (1) prevent a fair hearing (I’m sure the judges loved that) and (2) they’d lose sponsors … you have to laugh at that. As if the made up sponsorship deals (allegedly) they have will be affected by hearsay.

Its like those major US cases you hear about where the defence lawyers don’t present evidence to demonstrate innocence, they just try and find legal loopholes to stop it.

If City were innocent, what a brilliant PR opportunity to say “fine. We’ll go to court and share all the evidence that shows our income is legit/market rates/all on the books”? …. I won’t hold my breath.

Scum.

As other posters have said, court rulings/comments are not clickbait. Especially when they are some of the most senior and experienced judges in the country. Just because they show City/their lawyers up, a fair minded City fan would at least acknowledge there’s a case, even if the outcome isn’t decided.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-still-investigating-manchester-city-over-ffp
Are you getting things mixed up? The court judgement is about not letting news media to have access to the proceedings. That doesn't make anyone guilty.

"the most senior and experienced judges in the country" haha.

So, you seem to know more about this and what's going to happen, how much City have cheated and how guilty they are. So what's going to happen to City as a result of this?

Superden

Are you getting things mixed up? The court judgement is about not letting news media to have access to the proceedings. That doesn't make anyone guilty.

So, you seem to know more about this and what's going to happen, how much City have cheated and how guilty they are. So what's going to happen to City as a result of this?
whats so funny about "the most senior and experienced judges in the country"?

quoting from the article..
One of these, Sir Julian Flaux, the chancellor of the high court, said: “The suggestion that press interest and speculation might disrupt the investigation or the arbitration, where both are being conducted by experienced professionals, is entirely fanciful. Likewise the suggestion that press comment and speculation following publication might damage the club’s relations with commercial partners was unconvincing.

“As Lord Justice Males [one of the other two judges] said during the course of argument, any potential commercial partner with whom the club might enter a contract would be bound to conduct due diligence, which would reveal the existence of the investigation and the dispute.”

As the arbitration was public knowledge the club’s argument that it cannot have a fair hearing was also dismissed. “[This] would seem to be a non-lawyer’s interpretation of the allegation of apparent bias,” Sir Julian said.

>>>

Sir Julian Flaux is the chancellor of the high court, and this is one of the most senior and experienced judges in the country, and hes just taken a big steaming shit on Man Citys argument.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
whats so funny about "the most senior and experienced judges in the country"?

quoting from the article..
One of these, Sir Julian Flaux, the chancellor of the high court, said: “The suggestion that press interest and speculation might disrupt the investigation or the arbitration, where both are being conducted by experienced professionals, is entirely fanciful. Likewise the suggestion that press comment and speculation following publication might damage the club’s relations with commercial partners was unconvincing.

“As Lord Justice Males [one of the other two judges] said during the course of argument, any potential commercial partner with whom the club might enter a contract would be bound to conduct due diligence, which would reveal the existence of the investigation and the dispute.”

As the arbitration was public knowledge the club’s argument that it cannot have a fair hearing was also dismissed. “[This] would seem to be a non-lawyer’s interpretation of the allegation of apparent bias,” Sir Julian said.

>>>

Sir Julian Flaux is the chancellor of the high court, and this is one of the most senior and experienced judges in the country, and hes just taken a big steaming shit on Man Citys argument.
City's argument being they don't want the press taking part. What's wrong with that?
You saying how senior the judge is doesn't make it more guilty.

Like I said, it's a rehash of old news and nothing will happen. It never does. Because there is nothing to answer for when it comes to actual law instead of newspaper accusations based on hatred for city.

You guys get your hopes up, but City run a clean ship, they have to, they're up against the history clubs and their media.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
City's argument being they don't want the press taking part. What's wrong with that?

Like I said, it's a rehash of old news and nothing will happen. It never does. Because there is nothing to answer for when it comes to actual law instead of newspaper accusations based on hatred for city.

You guys get your hopes up, but City run a clean ship, they have to, they're up against the history clubs and their media.
:lol: my god.

Bosws87

Its more embarrassing the City fans that peddle the innocence, i'd just be like we know we have cheated the system and there's nothing you can do about it.

Pretending you are some innocent bullied football club is beyond pathetic.

Just own the fact you have cheated to the top, who cares.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Are you hard of reading?

Quote where I say they're guilty.

I don't know more, I'm linking a Guardian article (partly in reply to another poster who wasn't sure whether the Guardian would comment on this). With a major case on the way, I'm pretty sure what they say is factually accurate... unless the Guardian make stuff up?

And not sure what to say about quoting posts then saying "haha". But I guess we get all ages on here.

Good luck with being promoted from newbie.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry

I...just...I...wow. Alrighty then.

Interestingly, knowing a bit about this, those who run the cleanest ships are those most likely to invite you aboard to see.

Giggsy13

Why what's it mean to you?
You’re a bit of a daft clueless cnut aren’t you? Seems like you don’t want to address that the CAS never made a finding of fact that there was no financial doping or corruption and that city won out on a technical limitation defence. City weren’t absolved of the allegations at all. No such limitation defence is available here, which is why the cockroaches running your club are using procedural hurdle after procedural hurdle to suppress evidence. Go to the bluemoon so can be with your fellow plastics and we’re clueless rants may have some traction.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

The ship

tomaldinho1

**Legacy

Must be an alt wum account, this

Halftrack

City run a clean ship
Yup, when some shite club that hadn't been relevant in decades got a sponsorship deal bigger than any other football club on earth, there was nothing scummy or fishy about. Nor was there anything scummy about paying their employees a second, secret wage.