City avoid transfer ban

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not like a transfer ban would have affected them anyways. But yeah nice to see the governing bodies bow down to corruption.

Posh Red

OK about a lesser punishment for City, but the difference in punishment is massive! Chelsea's season has been hugely effected. Not only this season, but probably no CL football next season too. Meanwhile, City get fined a bag of peanuts. For all its great football your club (NOT IT'S FANS) stinks to high heaven and is as bent as a 9 pound note.
They will be paying a lot more than that I can assure you

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Horrible, we should have got the ban if guilty tbh... the whole "we didn't ban them because they pled guilty" is stupid.
I think we didn't get a ban for this as we'll get a transfer ban for screwing FFP and avoid being thrown out of UCL. Either way its double standards, Chelsea should be furious. Accepting guilt should not lessen the punishment.
Expect better from you mate.
:eek:

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
And a quick read through the many leaked e-mails demonstrate that it's absolutely true. Don't try and label me Xenophobic or Racist for daring to criticise your owners and spelling out the incredibly dark truth.

You do realise that under the totalitarian control of your owners, homosexuality punishments in Abu Dhabi range from "jail time, floggings, beatings, death, torture, fines, vigilante execution, and deportation. Adultery and fornication are also crimes punished with death, and a person convicted of homosexuality may also face charges of adultery if they have an opposite-sex spouse while having sexual relations with a person of the same sex"? (copied from Wikipedia)

Keep your hands over your eyes and ears as long as you want.
You didn't know that homosexuality was illegal in the UAE until you read the emails?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Manchester City is the most disgusting organisation in world football.

They really are a cancer and I personally don't recognise any of their so-called achievements as they've broken rule after rule whilst using the dirtiest money from the most vile source possible.

I'd take playing in League 2 with the Glazier's putting all of our income into their Christmas Party Pot ahead of swapping situations with them.

It will all end in tears, as when there is an inevitable political/ physical war between that part of the Middle East when they stop becoming useful to the west, you can bet your life City will be used as political pawns that will be drained of life as a retaliation.

It'll be nothing more than they deserved for selling their soul to the devil. Wonder how many of City's supporters realise that if their owners could click their fingers tomorrow and create their ideal world, none of them would be in it? In fact, they'd all either be enslaved or actively terminated, depending on sex, religion, ethnicity and or sexual orientation.
I can just picture the City squad and board sitting around crying into the premier league trophy because you don't recognise it.

Your last two paragraphs are probably ban worthy, might wanna make a sneaky edit.

Josep Dowling

You answered your own question in your second sentence.

On the second paragraph, off the top of my head Atletico Madrid and Barcelona have both received transfer bans for the signing of youth players.
Their punishment was even more of a joke as they just signed pre-contract agreement with every player so they could join in January. At least Chelsea got a punishment that affected them, which is the whole point of a punishment.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Expect better from you mate.
:eek:
It is true though, while what we did is far less than Chelsea, the punishment doesn't at all fit the crime. I'm just calling it as I see it. Maybe we didn't deserve what Chelsea got but lets be honest 300k for breaking the rules is a joke. As I said I think Fifa came down soft because Uefa are going to go with a 1 window ban or something for the FFP, so it suits all parties and we don't take them to court.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
Horrible, we should have got the ban if guilty tbh... the whole "we didn't ban them because they pled guilty" is stupid.
I think we didn't get a ban for this as we'll get a transfer ban for screwing FFP and avoid being thrown out of UCL. Either way its double standards, Chelsea should be furious. Accepting guilt should not lessen the punishment.
Yes but it's important to add context here, surely?

Violations of Article 19:
Atletico Madrid - 103
Real Madrid - 12
Barcelona - 21
Chelsea - 29
City - 2

Bearded One

The most disgusting part of all this is city fans trying to justify this aberration. Yuck...

padr81

Supports
Man City

Atletico Madrid - 103
Real Madrid - 12
Barcelona - 21
Chelsea - 29
City - 2
Yup, I'm not saying we should be smashed with the same ban as them, I'm saying we shouldn't have been fined 300k. 1 window or something would have been acceptable. More that I think all our punishments are already sorted and Fifa know Uefa are going to cut a registration deal for the CL or something.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
What's wrong with honesty?

Go ahead and explain why you believe Chelsea deserved their ban and City did not.
I already have earlier in the thread. It was your quoted piece about the offences being similar that I found misleading.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
What's FIFA's excuse to not ban them seeing that Chelsea has already been slammed with a ban for the same offense that both clubs committed in the same year? I'm not getting this.
The most disgusting part of all this is city fans trying to justify this aberration. Yuck...
You've already said 20 mins ago that you don't understand or know the details. But you've decided City fans are disgusting anyway? Nice one.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

Atletico Madrid - 103
Real Madrid - 12
Barcelona - 21
Chelsea - 29
City - 2
Should be 103 transfer windows ban for Atletico, 12 for Real, and so on and on. 50 years for Atletico.

Hardcore.

fergiesarmy1

Atletico Madrid - 103
Real Madrid - 12
Barcelona - 21
Chelsea - 29
City - 2
Only found guilty of 2, how many were being investigated? Not that I’m doubting the efforts FIFA put into investigating this :lol:

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
It is true though, while what we did is far less than Chelsea, the punishment doesn't at all fit the crime. I'm just calling it as I see it. Maybe we didn't deserve what Chelsea got but lets be honest 300k for breaking the rules is a joke. As I said I think Fifa came down soft because Uefa are going to go with a 1 window ban or something for the FFP, so it suits all parties and we don't take them to court.
We'll see but I can't see UEFA and FIFA structuring punishment so that they dovetail. To the best of my knowledge they are pretty fierce rivals.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
Only found guilty of 2, how many were being investigated? Not that I’m doubting the efforts FIFA put into investigating this :lol:
Reports say we were investigated on 9 cases, and found guilty of 2. For comparison, Chelsea were investigated for 92 cases, and found guilty of 29 according to Rob Harris.

Bearded One

Atletico Madrid - 103
Real Madrid - 12
Barcelona - 21
Chelsea - 29
City - 2
You've already said 20 mins ago that you don't understand or know the details. But you've decided City fans are disgusting anyway? Nice one.
I'm not going to start an argument with you but then I'd like you to get your facts right. I never said you guys are disgusting but that the act of justifying wrongdoing is disgusting. I'm also not having that unverifiable stat you put up there.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We'll see but I can't see UEFA and FIFA structuring punishment so that they dovetail. To the best of my knowledge they are pretty fierce rivals.
They are but when it suits all parties they'll work together. Fifa get to keep our owners on side, Uefa get their fake pound of flesh. I mean Fifa could have banned us from the January window (1 window, half Chelseas punishment), It would effect us feck all as we wouldn't be shopping then anyway but people would probably feel the decision was stronger and Fifa took some other action than lining their pockets for a change.

Essentially it looks week to me that its pretty much 1.5 weeks of KDB's wages. Had they said 300k and no spending in January, it would have been much firmer without changing the game much. People would be much more accepting.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
I'm not going to start an argument with you but then I'd like you to get your facts right. I never said you guys are disgusting but that the act of justifying wrongdoing is disgusting. I'm also not having that unverifiable stat you put up there.
I don't think anyone in this thread is justifying wrongdoing. I'll speak for myself only, but I've been trying to explain why City's punishment is less than Chelsea's punishment.

arthurka

I dont give a s... They did little wrong and are paying little nothing wrong with it really.

fergiesarmy1

Reports say we were investigated on 9 cases, and found guilty of 2. For comparison, Chelsea were investigated for 92 cases, and found guilty of 29 according to Rob Harris.
Favouritism, 30% proven against a poor russian billionaire and less than 25% against the rich :smirk:

United Hobbit

The fine will be absolute pennies to them

Unless it was over a couple of seasons a transfer ban also wouldn't massively affect them due to most of their B team being first team starters in a lot of other clubs

However it does seem one rule for them

Wasnt there a question mark over them being allowed in Europe? Something about some of their income being deemed questionable as it was a company linked to the owners? Is this the same issue or is that yet to be addressed? Have they given any indication of when it will be addressed?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I already have earlier in the thread. It was your quoted piece about the offences being similar that I found misleading.
The offences aren't similar, they're identical. You're missing the point in any case.

Chelsea sign 14 players under the age of 18, which is a clear breach of FIFA rules. They receive a transfer market ban for their troubles.

City sign 2 players under the age of 18, also in breach of the rules but to a lesser extent. They receive a paltry £300k fine that will have no effect whatsoever.

FIFA is saying, essentially, that it's perfectly okay to break their rules a little bit but go too far and they will give you a proper punishment, which is ridiculous. All this fine has achieved is to encourage other clubs to break the rules further. If all you're going to get is a meaningless fine, what's the big deal?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
And a quick read through the many leaked e-mails demonstrate that it's absolutely true. Don't try and label me Xenophobic or Racist for daring to criticise your owners and spelling out the incredibly dark truth.

You do realise that under the totalitarian control of your owners, homosexuality punishments in Abu Dhabi range from "jail time, floggings, beatings, death, torture, fines, vigilante execution, and deportation. Adultery and fornication are also crimes punished with death, and a person convicted of homosexuality may also face charges of adultery if they have an opposite-sex spouse while having sexual relations with a person of the same sex"? (copied from Wikipedia)

Keep your hands over your eyes and ears as long as you want.

"Wonder how many of City's supporters realise that if their owners could click their fingers tomorrow and create their ideal world, none of them would be in it? "

Which is imo xenophobic and borderline racist, you're assuming they want to wipe out every race bar their own, hmm ok then

Fluctuation0161

Yes, that's a Premier League investigation/punishment for breaching Premier League rules. The fine today was a FIFA investigation/punishment for breaching FIFA rules.

City (like many clubs) have obviously pushed the boundaries on youth players and breached the rules. But let's at least try to discuss objectively/factually.
Factually, it is not the first time City have breached rules regarding youth players. Irrespective of the enforcing body. Seems there is a clear disregard for any rules of the game whether enforced by the premier league, FIFA or UEFA.

Factual enough for you?

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
Factually, it is not the first time City have breached rules regarding youth players. Irrespective of the enforcing body. Seems there is a clear disregard for any rules of the game whether enforced by the premier league, FIFA or UEFA.

Factual enough for you?
Correct, the point was that it has been suggested that a factor in City's lighter punishment was that it was a first breach of FIFA rules, and therefore a first punishment meted out by FIFA.

Whether a different governing body has punished City for breaching different rules related to youth players is obviously completely irrelevant to the punishment that FIFA imposed in this case.

If we break rules we should be punished, I don't think anyone is denying that. But there's so much confusion and conflation in this thread about the details of this case.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Have you. You have a personal count on people killed by Mansour? Or even proof of any?
This is basically playing out as a witch hunt. City broke a rule and even though it's not on par with, or as numerous as Chelsea's recent transgressions, we're supposed to be punished as much as they have been. 'Oh City broke a rule, let's work backwards from the opinion we've all already formed in which they are the bad guys and must be stopped'. Maybe we made a mistake with these two under-18 signings, like we admitted we did, and got fined for it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Correct, the point was that it has been suggested that a factor in City's lighter punishment was that it was a first breach of FIFA rules, and therefore a first punishment meted out by FIFA.

Whether a different governing body has punished City for breaching different rules related to youth players is obviously completely irrelevant to the punishment that FIFA imposed in this case.

If we break rules we should be punished, I don't think anyone is denying that. But there's so much confusion and conflation in this thread about the details of this case.
The point of being punished for breaking the rules is not only to deter you from repeating that offence but to deter others from committing the same offence. Giving City a slap on the wrist as it was only their first offence simply encourages other clubs to break the same rule, confident of receiving similarly light punishment.

Whichever way you look at it, FIFA have set a dangerous precedent for themselves. What's to stop a multitude of other clubs going out to sign under-18 players safe in the knowledge that their punishment, if caught, will be meaningless?