City fans disgusting behaviour | Aeroplane and monkey gestures | Do not dox please

Irrational.

To be fair, no side on the political spectrum talks respectfully about their opposition so it's a bit precious to single out "leftist vermin" as some type of criminal insult.
You left out the bit about the unfounded claims of foreign Arabs flooding the country. No matter where you stand on the political spectrum, comments like that are exactly what the likes of Britain First, EDL and the BNP use as fuel to whip their far right followers into a frenzy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You left out the bit about the unfounded claims of foreign Arabs flooding the country. No matter where you stand on the political spectrum, comments like that are exactly what the likes of Britain First, EDL and the BNP use as fuel to whip their far right followers into a frenzy.
Foreign Arabs? As opposed to what? British Arabs

Camilo

Ah, there it is. We know what kind of person you are. Won't be listening to anything you have to say on the matter then.
Another glorious opinion formed on the back of a couple of posts on the internet!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm at a loss here with these lot. Unsurprising they were some of the first to enter this thread when they saw it bumped I guess.

DoomSlayer

I left it out because it's fair enough and I don't want to debate whether it's wrong or right statement when it comes to the situation in the UK. But you had to put "leftist vermin" in there, as if it's not common practice to talk shit about people that fall outside of your political views.

Irrational.

Foreign Arabs? As opposed to what? British Arabs
I don't think you quite grasped the point.

I'm at a loss here with these lot. Unsurprising they were some of the first to enter this thread when they saw it bumped I guess.
I'm absolutely amazed at how people think views like the ones you've posted are okay in today's society. A sign of the times I guess.

DoomSlayer

You seem emotionally stable. :lol: You told me I'm an idiot, what is the other implication you are trying to make?

Inigo Montoya

I don't think you quite grasped the point.

I'm absolutely amazed at how people think views like the ones you've posted are okay in today's society. A sign of the times I guess.
No one said they were ok. I don’t believe I saw that posted.
Hey no one’s stopping you or the other poster from reporting the guy in question. Why feel the need to come on here to validate your actions or proposed actions

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No one said they were ok. I don’t believe I saw that posted.
Hey no one’s stopping you or the other poster from reporting the guy in question. Why feel the need to come on here to validate your actions or proposed actions
Because I wasn't sure. I am now. Cheers racist defenders.

Camilo

Because I wasn't sure. I am now. Cheers racist defenders.
Nobody's defending racism. The question is whether you should get involved in something you have very little actual information about, and more than a few people think you shouldn't.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nobody's defending racism. The question is whether you should get involved in something you have very little actual information about, and more than a few people think you shouldn't.
I think I should, because I don't like racists.
They can decide what to do.

Just sent the email, with kind regards from Inigo Camilo.

Inigo Montoya

The irony of it all is that these anti-foreigners who harp on about immigration and their country being flooded will be the first to cheer on a club full of - you guessed it - foreigners.
That’s the irony of people with very stereotypical views re race. Football fans are a strange bunch in that they are brought together collectively for their team.

sadly I’ve had to travel to games with hard core Utd fans some of whom were appalling racists. They did include black fans who took delight in mocking Asians. I used to be scared to be in their presence. I think the only thing that stopped them turning on me was that I was Utd.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Probably done the right thing but I don’t know why you came here to ask everyone if you’re only prepared to hear one answer
Prepared to hear an answer either way, but if the answer is excusing racism or with a shithouse tone it won't garner the best response from me.

Inigo Montoya

Probably done the right thing but I don’t know why you came here to ask everyone if you’re only prepared to hear one answer
Because there is an element in society that is unwilling to debate with anyone on the subject of race without labelling someone with a different viewpoint as being racist

Irrational.

That’s the irony of people with very stereotypical views re race. Football fans are a strange bunch in that they are brought together collectively for their team.

sadly I’ve had to travel to games with hard core Utd fans some of whom were appalling racists. They did include black fans who took delight in mocking Asians. I used to be scared to be in their presence. I think the only thing that stopped them turning on me was that I was Utd.
It's the tribalist nature of football with it's "us and them" mentality, and it's a double edged sword. It brings everyone together which can be beautiful, if only the racists didn't revert back to type once the 90 minutes are over. Or in the case of the City fan, if it's a non-white player playing for your rivals. :lol:

DoomSlayer

Because there is an element in society that is unwilling to debate with anyone on the subject of race without labelling someone with a different viewpoint as being racist
This. This thread is going way sideways, but I'm going to be up front - a lot of people around the world dislike England because of their imperial history. People "flood" the UK because the standard of living is high and there is big potential to find an opportunity to live a much better life than in your own country. I can say from my own experiences, my own countrymen hate on England in the majority, though there is a lot of support for English football over here, so the fickle nature of it is true.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The posts after @VeevaVee's question have been eye-opening and very "interesting"…

That dude's post on LinkedIn was clearly racist. Not necessarily viciously racist, but reeking of the kind of deep-down, fundamental racism that is a core fabric of some people's thinking. The fact that the dude thought it was OK to post such things on a public, professional social network like LinkedIn, not even Facebook is ever more troubling.

I can relate to @VeevaVee's questions - he is trying to be thoughtful before potentially getting somebody in trouble. Humans make mistakes and we've all said at some point something we later regretted. So you would want to know if it's that kind of case, or this person is a danger to others around him and could be discriminating people at work. Nothing weird about the question.

What is weird is some thinking the post on LinkedIn itself was possibly non-racist and that somehow debating that is a healthy debate… Oh well

Inigo Montoya

It's the tribalist nature of football with it's "us and them" mentality, and it's a double edged sword. It brings everyone together which can be beautiful, if only the racists didn't revert back to type once the 90 minutes are over. Or in the case of the City fan, if it's a non-white player playing for your rivals. :lol:
And I think my other point is; with that shared love of a team, people can change through speaking to one another.

I won’t give up hope in someone with racist views to change

Irrational.

The posts after @VeevaVee's question have been eye-opening and very "interesting"…

That dude's post on LinkedIn was clearly racist. Not necessarily viciously racist, but reeking of the kind of deep-down, fundamental racism that is a core fabric of some people's thinking. The fact that the dude thought it was OK to post such things on a public, professional social network like LinkedIn, not even Facebook is ever more troubling.

I can relate to @VeevaVee's questions - he is trying to be thoughtful before potentially getting somebody in trouble. Humans make mistakes and we've all said at some point something we later regretted. So you would want to know if it's that kind of case, or this person is a danger to others around him and could be discriminating people at work. Nothing weird about the question.

What is weird is some thinking the post on LinkedIn itself was possibly non-racist and that somehow debating that is a healthy debate… Oh well
I think you have summarised this better than I ever could.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Thanks.

And I think my other point is; with that shared love of a team, people can change through speaking to one another.

Agreed. It can definitely help, although there's then the danger of "not them, but all the others".
I find people who have left their town, their comfort zone, and gone and met a wider variety of people are much less likely to hold views like this.
But I'm not in a position to change anyone through exposure, and people like this have been empowered recently to think it's ok be out in the open with it, when it's not.

NewGlory

Exposure to more diversity should help. Most normal humans should throw-away their narrow-mindedness and understand how horrible racism is, in any form. But it also does not always happen so having a permanent "glass half full" attitude is also dangerous. Too much "understanding" can border on enablement and encouraging the thinking that racist views are just as valid of a "viewpoint" as the opposite of it. Case in point - the obvious rise of far-right extremism all over Europe and United States.

Inigo Montoya

Exposure to more diversity should help. Most normal humans should throw-away their narrow-mindedness and understand how horrible racism is, in any form. But it also does not always happen so having a permanent "glass half full" attitude is also dangerous. Too much "understanding" can border on enablement and encouraging the thinking that racist views are just as valid of a "viewpoint" as the opposite of it. Case in point - the obvious rise of far-right extremism all over Europe and United States.
Extremism is very hard to combat intellectually.

What I was referring to is the stereotypical views which one can encounter everyday in everyday situations. Often it’s the throwaway comments that people don’t think are racist that one can debate. If it works it works

Inigo Montoya

Thanks.

Agreed. It can definitely help, although there's then the danger of "not them, but all the others".
I find people who have left their town, their comfort zone, and gone and met a wider variety of people are much less likely to hold views like this.
But I'm not in a position to change anyone through exposure, and people like this have been empowered recently to think it's ok be out in the open with it, when it's not.
That’s the power and toxicity of soctal media for you

Chipper

Adulterer.
No idea what's going on.

Is this bloke that's been talked about for the past couple of pages the City fan making the monkey gestures from the op?

Suedesi

That they have a racist employee? :houllier:
How does it follow that they have a racist employee from what you quoted which was this:

Burglar bond was not built by a bricklayer. I can confidently say I probably even know which country the perpetrators were from.
As far as I can see there's no overt racism there, maybe a nationalist flavor.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How does it follow that they have a racist employee from what you quoted which was this:

I mean, there's a clear implication of racism in what he's said there, considering he absolutely does not know which country they're from but is quite happy to assume based on what he thinks of certain people from other countries. Not the worst comment, but it was strange enough to make me look further, at which point, as I've already said, I saw that they'd been replying to and liking some anti-'arab'/muslim comments and posts.

Coupled with typical imagery that you get from white nationalists/EDL/Britain First all over his page, I think it's safe to say the guy is a racist. Proof in the eyes of the law? Probably not. His company can decide if they like having someone like that representing them all over social media though. I don't like him or people like him, so I grassed on him with a smile on my face, just like these people have had on theirs while shitting all over everyone else.

Last edited:

NewGlory

Declaring that everybody from a certain country is inferior (e.g. an inept bricklayer), as exemplified by jumping to declaring that a bad bricklayer must be from a certain country is clearly a blunt prejudice against people from whatever the other country that person meant. The more precise name for prejudice against people from another country is "xenophobia", but in common use "racism" is referred to racial, as well as "country of origin" and religious prejudices.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.

It's amazing how ill-informed people still are these days. Most self-respecting companies have social media, safeguarding, prevent, equality & diversity and whistleblowing policies (or should have). If brought to their attention, guys like this would certainly be taken to task (again, or should be).

Suedesi

I mean, there's a clear implication of racism in what he's said there, considering he absolutely does not know which country they're from but is quite happy to assume based on what he thinks of certain people from other countries. Not the worst comment, but it was strange enough to make me look further, at which point, as I've already said, I saw that they'd been replying to and liking some anti-'arab'/muslim comments and posts.

Coupled with typical imagery that you get from white nationalists/EDL/Britain First all over his page, I think it's safe to say the guy is a racist. Proof in the eyes of the law? Probably not. His company can decide if they like having someone like that representing them all over social media though. I don't like him or people like him, so I grassed on him with a smile on my face, just like these people have had on theirs while shitting all over everyone else.
Why would you bump a dormant football thread titled "City fans disgusting behaviour | Aeroplane and monkey gestures | Do not dox please" with Dave Regan's activity (from Northampton) on LinkedIn that you perceive to be xenophobic? You're hounding some random person's comment history on social media, reporting to their employers and then anonymously posting it on a football forum thread specifically titled "Do Not Dox" - I find this behaviour OTT.

Suedesi

Declaring that everybody from a certain country is inferior (e.g. an inept bricklayer), as exemplified by jumping to declaring that a bad bricklayer must be from a certain country is clearly a blunt prejudice against people from whatever the other country that person meant. The more precise name for prejudice against people from another country is "xenophobia", but in common use "racism" is referred to racial, as well as "country of origin" and religious prejudices.
Is "Proudly Made in the USA" or "Made in France" statement racist? Because by your SJW logic, those statements imply that products made in other countries are inferior therefore they must imply blunt prejudice against non-US or non-French people respectively.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why would you bump a dormant football thread titled "City fans disgusting behaviour | Aeroplane and monkey gestures | Do not dox please" with Dave Regan's activity (from Northampton) on LinkedIn that you perceive to be xenophobic? You're hounding some random person's comment history on social media, reporting to their employers and then anonymously posting it on a football forum thread specifically titled "Do Not Dox" - I find this behaviour OTT.
What the feck are you on about? It's another Kier employee being racist, hence posting in this thread. This should be obvious. And he's posting on social media with that account, social media where he represents his company no less. Maybe you don't know what doxxing means, or maybe you're also desperate to come to his defence.

Another very strange response.

Last edited: