City fans disgusting behaviour | Aeroplane and monkey gestures | Do not dox please

Please read - do not post links to social media accounts or name of the alleged perp

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Do not post the social media accounts or name of the alleged person(s) involved in the incident until confirmed. Dealing with this incident is a matter for the police and the clubs, not one for vigilantes as there have been many reported incidents of people taking action against names/accounts they see for other incidents in the past only to find it was the wrong person.

Josep Dowling

Annoying thing for me is Sterling was looking straight at him and acted like it was nothing . There are more important things surely than football rivalry at that point
It shouldn’t be down to Sterling to deal with it.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Do not post the social media accounts or name of the alleged person(s) involved in the incident until confirmed. Dealing with this incident is a matter for the police and the clubs, not one for vigilantes as there have been many reported incidents of people taking action against names/accounts they see for other incidents in the past only to find it was the wrong person.
Thank you for doing the right thing. The bloke is a clown, but positing links to his social media profiles does not help the situation. He will get his punishment, it's not for the general public to take into their own hands.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
And presumably, Sterling will be all over it, demanding the fans/club involved do all they can to stamp down on it?
Probably. However, he did nothing on the pitch to quell the vitriol towards Fred and Lingard whom he was standing next to. Didn't speak to them at all. Thought that was strange.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hear hear.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Annoying thing for me is Sterling was looking straight at him and acted like it was nothing . There are more important things surely than football rivalry at that point
He did the gesture very quickly. If you weren't concentrating, it could easily just be some fat guy shaking his arms about.
I'm not surprised in the heat of the game Sterling wasn't looking at a fan especially.

I think the players heard the abuse rather than saw it? Might not be right, but that's what it reads like?

BrownRecluse

Supports
Liverpool
Why wouldn’t Sterling take action during the game to his own fans? Despicable behavior.

Twitter is amazing, he’ll probably lose his job on Monday morning. Absolute moron.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Just think it would probably have a bigger/as big impact as what's he done to date. Make it clear that he's not just moaning (rightly) about the racist abuse he/his teammates get, but any player/person even if from a fan of his own club.
Think they're all quite good friends; Raheem, Marcus, Jesse etc. Right now he's probably gutted about the result, but I wouldn't be surprised if he uses his platform to condemn the behavior and support the players in question. Anyway the biggest thing is that the authorities (Police, PL, FA) do their jobs.

Ban

I'm always amazed grown men do this kind of stuff and not only that, they're proud of doing it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm mental and shouldn't be taken seriously, but I'm at the point where I'm losing patience with the world on stuff like this. Just get a firing squad, shoot one and tell the others to keep in their fecking line.
Steady mate, that's discriminatory language.

Allow it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Twitter is amazing, he’ll probably lose his job on Monday morning. Absolute moron.
Shamed In his local paper, named in all the national press, every chance of losing his job, known by everyone as "that racist bloke".
And lifetime ban for watching his team.

All for 30seconds of utterly brainless behaviour.

Shamed In his local paper, named in all the national press, every chance of losing his job, known by everyone as "that racist bloke".
And lifetime ban for watching his team.

All for 30seconds of utterly brainless behaviour.
He’s a fool, Sterling was literally standing in front of him as well. Smdh

Bojan11

Sarcasm, yeah?
To be fair Sterling was just watching them with hands on his hip. He wasn’t happy when he got it at Chelsea and regardless of which fans it is he could have calmed it down. Silva just stood there too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm always amazed grown men do this kind of stuff and not only that, they're proud of doing it.
People get carried away and a lot use football as a release to break up their miserable existence. No excuse, but it happens.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair Sterling was just watching them with hands on his hip. He wasn’t happy when he got it at Chelsea and regardless of which fans it is he could have calmed it down. Silva just stood there too.
Why is it his responsibility to do anything? Because he himself was a victim of racism?

I'm not seeing this logic.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder what people actually expect footballers to do in the heat of a game?

Wander over and start lecturing some obnoxious fan?
The stewards and police need to sort it out, which even for them isn't the easiest immediately.

top1whoisman

Scout
Why is it his responsibility to do anything? Because he himself was a victim of racism?

Exactly. People suggesting he's a hypocrite (or it seems so) if he doesn't fight every racist while he's playing a football match.

Ban

People get carried away and a lot use football as a release to break up their miserable existence. No excuse, but it happens.
I know, I do it too, but this kind of stuff is completely ott. He's likely to be without a job on Monday and rightly so.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Steady mate, that's discriminatory language.

Allow it.
I've got papers. :p
To be honest, I don't actually think that sort of things when I've calmed down, but writing it down tends to help get out some frustration.
But the feeling lingers that I think way too little is done to both punish and prevent racism.

lsd

The Oracle
Exactly. People suggesting he's a hypocrite (or it seems so) if he doesn't fight every racist while he's playing a football match.

Its not that and maybe he didn't see it as it did happen quickly but if he is going to complain and rightly so if opposition fans are racist then yeah it would be hypocritical of him to not complain if his teams fan are racist

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know, I do it too, but this kind of stuff is completely ott. He's likely to be without a job on Monday and rightly so.
Definitely, there's a very obvious line.

Scream at a player all you want for perceived cheating and that sort of thing, but there has to be a reasonable cut off line.

I'm always uncomfortable at Old Trafford when chants of "Murderers" go around. But at the end of the day all you can control is your own behaviour, and not be part of such things.

Bojan11

Mate he was laughing 10 seconds into the clip. Not sure he’d be doing that if it was aimed at him.

King Eric 7

For me, it's not their responsibility as they are right in the middle of a football match. This needs to be dealt with by stewards in the stands first and foremost.

top1whoisman

Scout
Its not that and maybe he didn't see it as it did happen quickly but if he is going to complain and rightly so if opposition fans are racist then yeah it would be hypocritical of him to not complain if his teams fan are racist
I'm pretty sure he will.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's like a lot of situations in life, you deal with what is directed at you.
It wasn't his battle today, he wasn't involved. Obviously doesn't mean he either condones it, or approves, but it's not for him to make a stand on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For me, it's not their responsibility as they are right in the middle of a football match. This needs to be dealt with by stewards in the stands first and foremost.
Totally this.
I really don't understand what people are suggesting they do?

Go and debate it with the fan?
Make a citizen's arrest?
Cantona them?!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Essentially you are not allowed to call out an injustice unless you call out all injustices.

To be honest he would only really be hypocritical if he was completely fine with racism coming from his own fans which I imagine he is not but it is what @Bojan11 is suggesting.

top1whoisman

Scout
He was literally looking the other way when that idiot made the monkey gestures.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hopefully they won’t forget to deal with those who threw the lighters too. There were at least three on the pitch.

Bojan11

Essentially you are not allowed to call out an injustice unless you call out all injustices.

To be honest he would only really be hypocritical if he was completely fine with racism coming from his own fans which I imagine he is not but it is what @Bojan11 is suggesting.
Well he looked the other way when his stupid teammate made a stupid racist tweet.