City fans disgusting behaviour | Aeroplane and monkey gestures | Do not dox please

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Why wouldn’t Sterling take action during the game to his own fans? Despicable behavior.
He was probably, you know, busy being a footballer?
Or has crowd control been written into his latest contract?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hopefully they won’t forget to deal with those who threw the lighters too. There were at least three on the pitch.
That was fecking vile, too. Doesn't happen often in England, although Rio got a coin in his face at this very ground as well.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well he looked the other way when his stupid teammate made a stupid racist tweet.
No need to justify your viewpoint to me. We all want the ideas out there. Just be clear and state that you think Sterling is fine with racism from those that are on his own side.

Vanrouge

To be fair Sterling was just watching them with hands on his hip. He wasn’t happy when he got it at Chelsea and regardless of which fans it is he could have calmed it down. Silva just stood there too.
In the moment, I thought I saw D. Silva (do you mean David or Bernard?) appeal to the fans with an arms-out gesture as well as put a consoling hand on Fred after Fred was hit with the lighter.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't see how this goes to show that he should somehow take a stand against racism during a game of football.
Also racist "chanting" suggests a concerted effort from a fairly substantial part of a ground.

How do you stop one idiot? You can't, you merely deal with them as swiftly as you can - which regrettably, due to most stewards basically being fans in jackets who are told not to take any risks - is afterwards, with footage.

Nico87

Is there a protocol in place for are referees supposed to do with regards to objects being thrown at corner takers?. Because Taylor dealt with that aspect itself terribly, by getting annoyed at Fred and sending him back to take the corner quickly instead of accusing him of ‘time wasting’ he made him target practice for a bunch of Neanderthals who then hit him with the next object thrown, that could have been a lot worse considering some of these idiots throw phones and heavy bottles at players heads.

The bigot who got caught being racist deserves all that’s coming to him but there was more than just him behaving like a hooligan, and the referee shown himself to be incompetent in dealing with it.

BrownRecluse

Supports
Liverpool
Crowd control and literally playing a game to entertain people who are racially abusing you are two totally different things.

Reactions: SteveJ

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Mate he was laughing 10 seconds into the clip. Not sure he’d be doing that if it was aimed at him.
You are monitoring Sterling's behaviour in this scenario because he complained about racism previously.

That's textbook victim-blaming.

Have a word with yourself mate.

Last edited:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
What I don't understand is, half their team is black! Christ one of the best ever players was black ffs!
I think it’s the new form of racism where it’s used as an insult by people who lack the ability to get to people in any other way. So they resort to racist comments etc.

I remember reading about John Barnes and other great players get death threats telling them not to sign for the clubs that they were linked too. Today’s type of racism is just as deplorable but I doubt any of those fools would object if tomorrow their team was going to sign any good black player.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I bet he didn't anticipate City getting a nice-point deduction when he suggested this 6 months ago.

I wouldn't put it past opposition fans going to extreme lengths to exploit this punishment. What's to stop a City fan, for example, throwing on a United shirt, heading into our end and making racial gestures to his players to enforce a 9 point reduction on United.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Mate he was laughing 10 seconds into the clip. Not sure he’d be doing that if it was aimed at him.
It’s possible he wasn’t aware. The thing everyone was focused on was the objects being thrown

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
What's to stop a City fan, for example, throwing on a United shirt, heading into our end and making racial gestures to his players to enforce a 9 point reduction on United.
He's talking about racist chanting, so I presume what he means is something which goes well beyond a solitary cnut shouting abuse at players: punishing a club for allowing a considerable segment of fans in the crowd to engage in racist chanting is one thing - and makes sense, I would say, if this is a recurring phenomenon. But to punish a club for the actions of an individual cnut shouting abuse at players would be absurd (obviously).

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
More on the incident and racism in football from Neville, Keane, Richards & Redknapp.

VJ1762

Who the feck cares whether sterling did anything or not? I am more concerned about why the stewards didn't do anything. They were throwing everything at Fred, and the stewards just stood there.

Flying_Heckfish

Given the (correct) high ground taken in England over racism recently, the repercussions need to be pretty severe.

Add in the throwing of objects as well and the only option for me is closed doors.

Anything else seems like hypocrisy

RedCurry

The alleged perpetrator's social media is being spread around - definitely a City fan. To be fair on Bluemoon, the majority are saying what they did was despicable and should be banned for life. There's just the odd person who is deflecting it or using whataboutism but you get the occasional arsehole on all forums.
Pretty sure, any rational fan would agree regardless of the club they support.
Genuinely embarrassed to be a City fan tonight. Shameful behaviour from the fans in that corner towards Fred. The only positive is the cretin’s identity is not in doubt so at least swift action will be taken. United deserved the win today, same old story for City this season. Leaky at the back, unable to create anything meaningful at the other end. Our season now hinges on the Champions League.
To be fair, I respect the swift response by city in that statement. Hopefully they follow through on that. It’s impossible for clubs to completely stamp racism out but at least they need to do their part and ban these people from ruining everyone’s day.

Josep Dowling

Who the feck cares whether sterling did anything or not? I am more concerned about why the stewards didn't do anything. They were throwing everything at Fred, and the stewards just stood there.
The stewards are basically Man City fans with hi vis jacket on. There was very little that could have been done at that moment. There was at least a couple of hundred irate City fans hurling abuse at Fred. Maybe they weren’t being racist but their behaviour was rancid. The stewards were out numbered 10 to 1.

MAME DIOUF 32

Lots of them being dickheads but I only see the one making monkey gestures and he's wearing jogging bottoms in public so I imagine everybody in his life is already embarrassed by him.

Gary is right about this appalling Prime Minister normalising racism.

Halftrack

A bit confused by the posts complaining about the City players doing nothing. Silva, Mahrez and Otamendi all clearly motioned to the fans to calm down, and several more City players were heading in that direction, presumably to do the same.
Watching an HD recording of the match, I'm happy to inform you that he wasn't laughing. He might have smiled a bit while exchanging a few words with Maguire at one point, but he was never laughing. It was also while he was talking to Maguire, facing away from the fans, that the cnut in the stands did the monkey-thing.

And are you seriously suggesting Sterling is perfectly fine with ignoring racial abuse as long as it's not aimed at him? Based on him reacting to racism he didn't even see?

Møllemanden

Raheem could have made a statement tonight. He should have taken both teams off the field after the abuse. What a fantastic gesture that would have been. But "unfortunately" this time, it wasn't aimed at him. Credit to Riyad and David Silva though. They acted in a proper way.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Raheem could have made a statement tonight. He should have taken both teams off the field after the abuse.
Imagine the 'Who does he think he is?' furore if he'd done that.

Robertd0803

Should be made to play behind closed doors, dozens will be disappointed but it would send a strong message
Playing behind closed doors will probably have the same amount of fans as their regular home games anyway.

JohnnyKills

The stewards are basically Man City fans with hi vis jacket on. There was very little that could have been done at that moment. There was at least a couple of hundred irate City fans hurling abuse at Fred. Maybe they weren’t being racist but their behaviour was rancid. The stewards were out numbered 10 to 1.
Yeah agreed. Where were the police?