City fans disgusting behaviour | Aeroplane and monkey gestures | Do not dox please

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
My sister's boyfriend is vigorously defending the man in the video

Lack of education and racism makes some sense than anyone with a small dick that no one can help
People may be typing with poor grammar due to a plethora of reasons. If it is the case that it's down to lack of education, I don't think that means they're racist. The opposite might be true, look at the conservatives, they're highly educated. (@tony54 tagging you mate reckon you'll like that one)

I just thought it was funny that you picked up on the small penis comment, after making a thread lamenting those kind of jokes. You're a man on a mission,and as someone with a small penis, I salute you my friend.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
My point was this guy was immediately plastered on every paper and front page BBC news, then arrested the same or next day.

How many Labour activists have been plastered in papers and arrested?. We've just seen Labour's own files saying that Labour activists calling Jews a virus that need to be wiped out, stayed in the party up to a year after the complaint was made. That's just one incident in hundreds. Arrests? nope. name and picture plastered all over news papers? nope.

A video recently shown with Labour activists saying Jews love money and power and have offshore accounts. Did you see that in the mainstream media other than the Daily Mail. What a surprise it wasn't on the BBC, the Indy or the Guardian.

I maintain that anti-black/brown racism is viewed as an evil that Gary Neville needs to talk about and pin on the Conservatives. Anti-semitism is something Gary doesn't talk about and is actually a smear against Labour. The double standards is appalling.
Keep politics out of this FFS, it's nothing to do with politics. You're as bad as brainless Neville.
I shouldn't say this but it looks like your one of the left wing, spoilt snow flakes.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
@SteveJ handing out a lot of likes to Newbies. What kind of Virgin Media bullshit is this? "Introductory deal for New Customers only?" Pffft, utter shite, min.
:D Respect my complete lack of authoritah, mush.

could have been a pro said:
I can see your point
Again with the small penis jibes!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Sorry if you aren’t well endowed and took it personally
My sister's boyfriend is vigorously defending the man in the video

People may be typing with poor grammar due to a plethora of reasons. If it is the case that it's down to lack of education, I don't think that means they're racist. The opposite might be true, look at the conservatives, they're highly educated. (@tony54 tagging you mate reckon you'll like that one)

I just thought it was funny that you picked up on the small penis comment, after making a thread lamenting those kind of jokes. You're a man on a mission,and as someone with a small penis, I salute you my friend.
I think this might’ve hit a bit close to home
My size has nothing to do with it. I just fight or others. Someone can be a racist idiot with or without a small pecker. It's childish and immature to attribute something that cannot be helped (height, hair, looks) to someone's dumb views.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
My point was this guy was immediately plastered on every paper and front page BBC news, then arrested the same or next day.

How many Labour activists have been plastered in papers and arrested?. We've just seen Labour's own files saying that Labour activists calling Jews a virus that need to be wiped out, stayed in the party up to a year after the complaint was made. That's just one incident in hundreds. Arrests? nope. name and picture plastered all over news papers? nope.

A video recently shown with Labour activists saying Jews love money and power and have offshore accounts. Did you see that in the mainstream media other than the Daily Mail. What a surprise it wasn't on the BBC, the Indy or the Guardian.

I maintain that anti-black/brown racism is viewed as an evil that Gary Neville needs to talk about and pin on the Conservatives. Anti-semitism is something Gary doesn't talk about and is actually a smear against Labour. The double standards is appalling.
Hahahahahahahaha

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
My size has nothing to do with it. I just fight or others. Someone can be a racist idiot with or without a small pecker. It's childish and immature to attribute something that cannot be helped (height, hair, looks) to someone's dumb views.
Love the sanctimony....

Fight for the rights of others :lol: On a footie forum!!!

I don't think you actually read any of the posts...just went off on one. Never mind, hope you recover

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Keep politics out of this FFS, it's nothing to do with politics. You're as bad as brainless Neville.
I shouldn't say this but it looks like your one of the left wing, spoilt snow flakes.
I see what you did here! Copying that clown's post from earlier :lol:

You still had someone bite!

TRUERED89

All those great times we've won at Anfield, and still never seen anything as despicable at this.. Honestly hate this council house club more than the scouse..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah clearly Sterling is the bad guy here.
Why the feck is it his responsibility? He's been a target of racism and has spoken out about it, let's not look to the victims of racism to be the ones to solve it.
A few posters are showing their just under the surface slightly troubling views here aren't they.

Guy gets racially abused, well Sterling should for some reason stop the game, and frog march the fan out, then hold a rally on tv.... or something.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All those great times we've won at Anfield, and still never seen anything as despicable at this.. Honestly hate this council house club more than the scouse..
Do you not remember that Liverpool fan doing exactly the same to Welbeck a few years ago?

There will always be one off idiots

Djemba-Djemba

I like the name change. Has he done that, or a mod?
I've got no idea.

It's mad that Gary Neville has criticised our Prime minister for the disgusting racist things he says and you get plenty of people more upset at Neville for pointing it out than at Johnson for actually saying it.

I'm dreading the election results.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
A few posters are showing their just under the surface slightly troubling views here aren't they.

Guy gets racially abused, well Sterling should for some reason stop the game, and frog march the fan out, then hold a rally on tv.... or something.
Aside from anything else, it shows a lack of understanding: Sterling would be in a difficult position if he routinely criticised his own club and/or supporters. How many of us would make a habit of publicly criticising our bosses, our companies, our colleagues or patrons?

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you're going to be a fighter against racism don't cherry pick! Stand up when it's against your own club. I don't like Sterling, has nothing to do with his race. If he wasn't black I think more people would hate him. Diving and whining little rat. Always was.
Now even this is a pretty disturbing comment - dehumanising people as rats has long been a propaganda tool of some pretty nasty regimes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Aside from anything else, it shows a lack of understanding: Sterling would be in a difficult position if he routinely criticised his own club and/or supporters. How many of us would make a habit of criticising our bosses, our companies, our colleagues or patrons?
I think people also misunderstand what his past comments have been too. His calls for bans and fines etc have been against chanting - which has a much more sinister tone due to the numbers involved - not just one isolated idiot.

TRUERED89

Do you not remember that Liverpool fan doing exactly the same to Welbeck a few years ago?

There will always be one off idiots
It's been bad at Anfield at times, don't get me wrong, but this is one of the worst I've witnessed. Disgusting club.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't think it's a case of certain fans being worse than others. Well maybe Millwall fans...

Generally though Racism is a much bigger issue. It's a huge problem in society and it's depressing that in 2019 it's still such a prevalent thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's been bad at Anfield at times, don't get me wrong, but this is one of the worst I've witnessed. Disgusting club.
The combo of the throwing sh!t and the racism combined was pretty shocking - all in one incident.

It's one of the reasons that rule about going off at the nearest touchline is pretty stupid for the high risk games. I know they can ignore it, but what's the point in a rule you can ignore!?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think it's a case of certain fans being worse than others. Well maybe Millwall fans...

Generally though Racism is a much bigger issue. It's a huge problem in society and it's depressing that in 2019 it's still such a prevalent thing.
Why do people keep quoting a year saying stuff like this?

It was never right, whatever year it was.

Djemba-Djemba

Why do people keep quoting a year saying stuff like this?

It was never right, whatever year it was.
What are you on about?

I'm not saying it was ever right, I'm just saying it's sad that after all these years it's still such an issue. There was a period where it looked like progress was being made but I'm not sure anymore.

TRUERED89

Someone on Bluemoon thinks it was a United fan because the perpetrator was wearing red.

I think that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long, long time.
:lol: A lone United fan making monkey gestures at his own player whilst winning 2-0? What morons.. His profile is trending now as proof he is indeed a Emptihad supporter.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What are you on about?

I'm not saying it was ever right, I'm just saying it's sad that after all these years it's still such an issue. There was a period where it looked like progress was being made but I'm not sure anymore.
Just wonder why people keep quoting the current year we're in, that's all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No it wasn't, he was talking about racist abuse in general, not just chanting. One big reason he got dragged into this was that one Chelsea fan abused him.

And by the way, I don't think Sterling needs to comment on this, he has made his position very, very clear.
I hadn't seen some of those quotes, only some about chanting.

But it is a dangerous argument to start getting after a victim of something when there's been another incident of the same thing!

passing-wind

Fans who are racist at games really use football as an excuse to vocalise their disgraceful mentality. The reality is the punishment should be more severe. Heavy authoritative presence is what took hooliganism out of the game beyond the millennial generation, if your caught hurling racial abuse at players you should serve a prison sentance and recieve a lifetime ban from games.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think people also misunderstand what his past comments have been too. His calls for bans and fines etc have been against chanting - which has a much more sinister tone due to the numbers involved - not just one isolated idiot.
He was talking about racist abuse because he was abused by a sole Chelsea fan.

These were his comments:
“I don’t think generally that walking off is a great solution, but players should not be punished for it,” wrote Sterling in an article penned for The Times.

“Punishments need to be harsher and money just doesn’t hurt the rich clubs or football associations. So I would call for an automatic nine-point deduction for racist abuse.

“It sounds harsh but which fan will risk racist behaviour if it might relegate their team or ruin their title bid?

“As well as that, the club should have to play three games behind closed doors. That way, they lose revenue as a direct consequence of racist behaviour.”

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I hadn't seen some of those quotes, only some about chanting.

But it is a dangerous argument to start getting after a victim of something when there's been another incident of the same thing!
I agree. I don't think anyone should be getting after Sterling. We should be listening to what he said! He made his views pretty clear.

Also, my deleting and editing of my post was because the editing and quotes were all messed up and I'm a moron.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I agree. I don't think anyone should be getting after Sterling. We should be listening to what he said! He made his views pretty clear.

Also, my deleting and editing of my post was because the editing and quotes were all messed up and I'm a moron.
I wondered if the thread had been locked in between or something :p

For some reason that reminds me of a poster ages ago being absolutely adamant that I'd edited a post, ferociously vocal about it and took it to the mods, who were like...no he hasn't...you clown :)

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I find it weird when people say 'they need educating'.

What education? Like what actual lessons should they be taught?

No one by default can possibly not know that you can't make a gesture like that.

TRUERED89

The combo of the throwing sh!t and the racism combined was pretty shocking - all in one incident.

It's one of the reasons that rule about going off at the nearest touchline is pretty stupid for the high risk games. I know they can ignore it, but what's the point in a rule you can ignore!?
Dumb rule, plus the stewards are a waste of time too. Makes me feel sick this and it doesn't seem to be improving one bit. Probably half the PL are black players, and some of the council house's best players are/were black, what on earth is wrong with these people.

b20times

Every club has racist idiots. Didn't we have one at old Trafford a couple of months back against palace was it?

TheReligion

Abusive
People chucking lighters and coins at players happens every weekend and has done for decades. The FA don't ever do anything about it.
From what I saw, he got hit with a water bottle pretty painfully. Have definitely seen venues punished for such things internationally. Didn’t know these things were common in EPL. That sucks :( Maybe they should do something to stop it.
Disagree. It's not a regular occurrence to THAT extent. Fred was getting pelted with all sorts from the crowd. The FA should be looking at punishing City for failure to control their fans.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Why do we keep having clowns having a go at Sterling?!
Being racially abused isn't something he's chosen, nor should he be some sort of spokesman on it.
This type of petty point scoring is hardly helpful.
I find your attitude and others in this thread who criticise Sterling over this disgraceful.

on Saturday morning on MOTD they looked at the ‘Black Friday’ article in Italy and Richards even mentioned that Sterling can’t be the go to person for every racist incident.

Sterling is entitled to keep his opinion to himself, he’s also entitled to pick and choose his battles. You seem to resent the fact that he’s called out teams and media in the past. I see nothing wrong in him only responding to the racist abuse that’s aimed at him, and not everyone - that’s so sad to have to say such a thing.

However, it’s the likes of Sterling and him highlighting the issues that means every club in the PL has to take action swiftly against their own supporters - unlikely to have happened a few years ago. Banning them for life may finally start to have an effect.
Your only contribution to this thread is to criticise Sterling (who is black) for not publicly denouncing a man who has been making monkey gestures in the direction of black people? Forgive me for finding that a little strange and somewhat uncomfortable.

Morally speaking, you would assume you’d have a greater interest in calling out the imbecile in the stands; yet you’d rather take a partisan pop at a City player instead. Bizarre.

Sterling is not some sort of racism police. He isn’t obligated to make public declarations every time a person within football is racist either. Taking a pop at him is at best, trivial. At worst, it’s sinister.
You’re a lot better than this.
I think some of you (well all of you) are missing the point...I don't think Sterling has any duty to be a spokesperson against racism, or has any obligation to do anything.

The problem is, he has made himself a spokesperson against racism through his own actions. He stirred the pot because he took it upon himself to attack the press for being racist, except the examples he gave weren't of racism, they were of negative stories about himself which he had perceived to be racist. The problem straight away is this is a potentially dishonest argument, since these stories by en large were very similar to criticisms other white England players have routinely received in the past. For example he was criticised for deciding he was too tired to play an England game. For being one of the worst players in an England squad that lost to Iceland. For showing off a tattoo of a gun he had gotten. For being caught playing round with women who weren't his girlfriend. These aren't racist criticisms. They are criticisms, and it's very difficult to tie them to racism just by saying "well your newspaper is racist" when the newspaper can point out literally 1,000 similar articles directed at other celebrities or sports stars. Well intended maybe but poorly thought out.

He has then come out publicly and said that teams should be docked 9 points if a member of the crowd engages in racist behaviour, specifically in reference to a team he had just played against (Chelsea). He's very vocal about racism against England players, against himself. He's received a lot of praise as a result (rightly to an extent as it takes an amount of courage). Suddenly though when it's the other team getting racially abused, or racism within his own squad, he has nothing at all to say.

There seems to be a fear of pointing out the convenience or actual daftness of this kind of approach (and it's not just Sterling who's guilty), and how it is actually counter productive. Punishing a whole football team and all of it's fans because one person is racist for example. This is a really dumb thing to suggest. Doing so would obviously fuel racism rather than solve it. How would you like it for example if you and all your colleagues were punished or docked pay at work because someone elsewhere in your company said something racist? Would this be fair? Would this make anyone less racist or would it anger people who are a little bit racist into being more racist and more open about it?

Now Sterling is definitely right to say there is a big problem. Problem is, when it happens in his own house and he suddenly has nothing bad to say about it, how much strength does anything he says actually carry? Next time Sterling brings up racism, what is the first question back to him going to be? "well what about when your own fans did it then?"

I am being unfair on him because yeah, but I don't think in the way that is being suggested. I'm not interested in point scoring. Every team has at least one idiot in the crowd who would do the same as the bloke on Sunday. At least one United fan has been ejected from the ground this season for similar behaviour. I'm unfair on Sterling because I'm using him as the main example of the wider problem with how I think this is being dealt with.

People seem to want to go to war with racism as if it IS a point scoring thing, or a way of getting on a moral high horse. Football going to war against racism...until it doesn't benefit your team. How many Liverpool fans think Suarez is a racist? How many Chelsea fans think John Terry and not Anton Ferdinand is the bad guy? How many England fans care that less than a week after the Bulgaria game, another game, in England, had to be abandoned, due to racism? The ITV commentators on that very England game were literally criticising the match officials for being Italian because apparently all Italians are slimy racists, whilst denouncing racism and calling for all manner of punishments against the team/country of Bulgaria. You tell me what this sort of convenience outrage approach gets you, other than more racism?

How come whenever there's an incident, Sky Sports, et al, only seem to want to talk to black footballers/ex footballers about it. Is this not making the issue worse by effectively seperating one group of people from another?

It isn't ridiculous at all to expect people to be consistent and responsible with what is a quite important issue. Sterling is one of those people and he's ducked out of doing exactly that, I'm afraid. I bring it up because I think he's milked the situation to his advantage rather than address the seriousness of it, and that's probably the very unpopular part of the opinion, but the problem I have with it is that it actually FUELS the problem of racism, because all it does is bring it to the surface as a form of point scoring or weapon to hit someone with. Then eventually one guy doing monkey mannerisms in a crowd becomes 20 guys.

Anyway rant over.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Can’t speak for everybody (err, anybody) angry at Sterling for not reacting to racism, but having watched the video - there was something else there that didn’t paint him in the best light.

Sterling was the closest City player to Fred, when Fred was bombarded by projectiles (including heavy water bottles) so badly that the game had to be stopped and Sterling had ZERO reaction. Like, it’s a human nature to go forward and comfort a person in distress. FFS, at the same time that Sterling stood nonchalantly there, his own team-mates – Mahrez, Silva, Otamendi – who were way behind Sterling rushed forward to help Fred, while Sterling just stood frozen.

Again - humans are imperfect and you can’t ask everybody to stand up to an occasion, show empathy in stressful situations. Maybe he got confused, maybe he froze. Whatever happened - it wasn’t a good look on him and certainly showed that he lacks leadership and couple other qualities.

At least that was my take-away from the incident. Can’t and wouldn’t elaborate further than that, however.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Can’t speak for everybody (err, anybody) angry at Sterling for not reacting to racism, but having watched the video - there was something else there that didn’t paint him in the best light.

Sterling was the closest City player to Fred, when Fred was bombarded by projectiles (including heavy water bottles) so badly that the game had to be stopped and Sterling had ZERO reaction. Like, it’s a human nature to go forward and comfort a person in distress. FFS, at the same time that Sterling stood nonchalantly there, his own team-mates – Mahrez, Silva, Otamendi – who were way behind Sterling rushed forward to help Fred, while Sterling just stood frozen.

Again - humans are imperfect and you can’t ask everybody to stand up to an occasion, show empathy in stressful situations. Maybe he got confused, maybe he froze. Whatever happened - it wasn’t a good look on him and certainly showed that he lacks leadership and couple other qualities.

At least that was my take-away from the incident. Can’t and wouldn’t elaborate further than that, however.
What couple other qualities were you able to mine from the clip? Pray tell.