City Quadruple or Liverpool Prem winners - what is worse?

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
It's truly the question we don't want as United fans, but which way would you lean?

For me it has to be anything but a City Quadruple. Hopefully they'll get done over in Europe and we'll beat them in FA Cup and then they can take a Premier League, crap cup double.

But if I somehow had access to a FA Cup and Champions League Crystal Ball that said City will win those and then I have a choice of City or Liverpool for the title, it would have to be Liverpool.

My focus is always on United and being the only team to have won the English/ CL treble is prestige that I don't want us to lose.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Both are a shambles - it's a matter of time before Scouse win prem so I'd rather that than City outdo our treble.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Liverpool fans sang during tribute to Eric Harrison. I don’t want that lot to win a raffle never mind the PL

Trizy

City quad. No one will really care.

It will be always mentioned when comparing great teams but as for the club themselves, no one kinda gives a shite about them. Plus they've no fans to rub it in.

Rob67

I would rather City win the lot. Hated the Dippers all my life and the longer they go trophyless, the happier I'll be.
City as a club have simply got lucky and won the lottery, their success doesn't even count as far as I'm concerned.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
City win the quad - annoying, particularly on the 20th anniversary of the treble, but not as annoying as Liverpool winning any damn thing.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
As much as I hate them, Liverpool > City. They aren't a plastic club like the Bitters.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
a) Little brother winning 4 trophies
b) Enemy winning the PL for the first time ever

How is this even a question?

Needham

Remember at all times that this MCFC is some new club that happens to be located in Manchester and it's all fine. No one looks at them without the Abu Dhabi sunglasses on. But Liverpool will always be Liverpool.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
a) Little brother winning 4 trophies
b) Enemy winning the PL for the first time ever

How is this even a question?
Little what?

Maybe in Norway...over here they're just the cnuts of the highest order

KennyBurner

Difficult scenario. Can’t really have city winning the quadruple. It will be hours after when some tool on twitter calls them the greatest premier league side in history.

But then Liverpool winning the league is not an option. Really wish Chelsea could have done better in that cup final or better yet won the league like they always do at random.

Member 115509

Liverpool winning the Premier League. Took me about 3 seconds to decide.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Liverpool winning the PL is worse than City winning the quad

I dont care if this City side follows up 100 points with winning everything, they can be spoken about for years to come as the greatest side the PL has ever seen, no one will care

Member 115509

golden_blunder said:
Liverpool fans sang during tribute to Eric Harrison. I don’t want that lot to win a raffle never mind the PL
This.

If United fans had done this at Anfield during a tribute to one of theirs, the outcry would have been deafening.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
City can win 10 trophies in one season and it'd be forgotten within weeks. Liverpool winning the league on the other hand...

Last edited:

El Zoido

If Liverpool win the league they won’t start a dynasty and will be back to normal in a couple of seasons.

City winning the quadruple will be considered the greatest achievement in British football history and might stand for a century. We will never ever hear the end of it.

GBBQ

I think our Treble being exceeded by City would be the worst outcome. Anything that devalues our greatest achievement would be a real kick in the balls.

Liverpool title win is worse. City are merely an annoyance, hatred of Liverpool runs right to the core of the club.

neilv93

Oh god, Liverpool hands down. Not even a question. Can you imagine what they'll be like?

City could win it all but the way they win it will NEVER beat ours in '99 with the gaffer's magic. EVERYONE remembers that Giggsy goal and that Teddy/Ole finale. I've never witnessed the Scousers winning a title in my lifetime and, quite frankly, I hope that never changes.

Giggs86

Didn't we have another three or four threads like this in past week?

No one cares about City. Liverpool winning the PL is the worst thing that can happen in football. It was Fergie's lifetime achievement to knock them off their perch and put them in our shadow, them getting to 19 and winning their first title in almost 30 years will be disastrous.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Both are fecking terrible. It's a much tougher decision than between Liverpool and City for the title.

As much as we like to say City are irrelevant that would start to change if they won quadruples and the like. Working with City fans obviously makes it a bit worse as well.

If either transpires I'll just have to extend my honeymoon for an extra couple of weeks and try and avoid all the hysteria.

Rista

It's basically one enemy winning stuff vs one enemy and one much bigger enemy both winning stuff. No one really cares about the quadruple.

Danny Roberts

City quad is better for me but I might be biased by having an Evertonian dad! Imagine a City treble and Liverpool title though! How about we win the CL and FA Cup, City win the League double and Liverpool go into administration?

RedDevil@84

City quad. They have it coming for quite some time. They have a good team. They play brilliant football. Their coach is less of a wanker than the Scouse one.

And above all, Manchester over Scousers any day.

Raw

I don't get people saying City winning the quad will mean nothing. It's fecking huge. We've never even done it, imagine if they did it? We're the only team to do the treble, and they'd be bettering that. No matter what people say, that's gonna attract a lot of supporters and help City grow bigger in world football.

Liverpool winning the title will be utterly dreadful sure, but they're still behind our 20. It wouldn't be as bad if we were actual title challengers next season, giving us a chance to extend our lead. The way I see it, Liverpool winning the title is bound to happen soon so feck it get it over with. Winning the quad is very rare, so it'll hurt if those feckers actually won it.

I guess I just know more City fans than Liverpool fans. But objectively I just can't favour a City quad over a Liverpool title.

El Zoido

Can’t get my head around people thinking nobody will care if City do the quadruple. It would eclipse our treble. People bloody well would care if City did the quad.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I grew up in the ‘Come back when you’ve won 18’ at Anfield generation, for me the greatest moment as a United fan was knocking them off their fecking perch.

City Quad > Liverpool title