City Quadruple or Liverpool Prem winners - what is worse?

Manny

Grammar Police
City winning the quadruple would be worse.

I wouldn't be able to bear that overshadowing our treble. And we would have to hear about it for decades from all corners of the media.

Liverpool winning the league would be a one off and would be forgotten the following summer when someone else wins it.

Negan

If you want to make it a tough question, keep in mind we still must play City. If beating City means we get top 4 spot AND Liverpool win the league, but losing to City means we end up in Europa League AND Liverpool doesn’t win the league, which would you want?

It is a tough question, but for me it’s always about United first.
Top 4 is not a trophy. I’d easily take another year in the Europa League if it meant Liverpool not winning the Premier League.

The fact is, we’re not good enough for the Champions League right now. I mean we’re already in it and we’re getting shown up by PSG without two of their best players.... so why would I get invested in “having another go” next season? If we get too 4... great. If not, then we don’t belong in the Champions League anyway.

My point is, we’re in the Champions League NOW. So let’s win it NOW. Stop focusing on being in it “next season” when we’re still in it THIS SEASON.

I used to think coming second was a bad season. So I’m not gonna celebrate fourth. Like I said, it is what it is.

redmanx

City winning the quadruple would be worse.

I wouldn't be able to bear that overshadowing our treble. And we would have to hear about it for decades from all corners of the media.

Liverpool winning the league would be a one off and would be forgotten the following summer when someone else wins it.
I agree, I cant see Liverpool going on to win titles like we did and I couldn't stomach City crowing if they won the quadruple; noisy neighbours would be the word!

redtilded121

this question is why tottenham have fecked me off this season ,they had a chance to do us a favour and win the league but no they had to get all tottenham about it.

RetroStu

I'd honestly rathr City won the next 10 Champs Lagues, FA Cups, and League Cups, if it meant Liverpool not winning the leaguie, i'm being serious as well.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Liverpool will eventually win the league one day or another.
City isn't ever gonna win the quadruple without Pep Guardiola

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Would you rather see Liverpool win the league, or see Manchester United get humiliated 5-0 by Liverpool in a Champions League final?

TRUERED89

Are half the people in this thread City fans? No way is a City quad better than a Liverpool 1st ever PL! its bound to happen in our life times anyway, at least Liverpool is a proper club with traditions and history and aren't successful because of the owners, unlike our oil rich neighbours who's history started in 2012. City out-doing Man Utd's biggest ever achievement after just 3 seasons with Pep would be devastating and calamitous. The media and opposition fans would all jump on the "City is the best team ever" bandwagon. Maybe I just hate City more than Liverpool but I really couldn't stand a quadruple, it was painful enough seeing them win the PL with a record breaking 100 points!

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It depends what happens afterwards. Does this title win lead to a period of domestic dominance for Liverpool? Because I can't abide that, a one off title I can handle.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
you've forgotten another possible horror: Leeds being promoted! (although to be honest, they have played some good football this season)

youmeletsfly

In no possible scenario you should like Pool winning the league.
I don't care if City will buy the EPL until the end of time, as long as Pool don't win it, it's fine.

TRUERED89

In no possible scenario you should like Pool winning the league.
I don't care if City will buy the EPL until the end of time, as long as Pool don't win it, it's fine.
City can take the title as long as it isn't a fecking quadruple :(

TRUERED89

you've forgotten another possible horror: Leeds being promoted! (although to be honest, they have played some good football this season)
I wouldn't mind seeing Leeds back, how long has it been 15 years? We had/have a big rivalry with them, these big grudge matches are exciting, its what you want to see as a fan, we had some epic games against them in the 90's and early 00's usually winning. So them getting promoted wouldn't change the regular spankings we gave them, I'm all for it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Liverpool winning the league, City willing the CL and Leeds getting promoted to the prem is a realistic and terrifying prospect.

Just imagining the aftermath of this cataclysmic event sends shivers down my spine.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Anything is preferable to the thought of Henderson lifting the PL trophy with the Kop singing "you'll never walk alone" in the background... and Klopp's smug face... and the pundits talking about "the best champions ever" with no Euro/WC to save us in the summer. It's not that i don't mind City being successful but i guess that i expected them to reach these heights and compete for every trophy available the moment Guardiola was appointed as their manager. I'm more ready for that than i will ever be to see the name of Liverpool being associated with the phrase "champions of England".

Denis_unwise

All wishful thinking if you ask me. Laporte, Stones, Mendy, B. Silva, Sterling are all 24 years old. Sane is 23, Gabriel Jesus is 21, Ederson is still young for a goalkeeper.
They'll have to replace a few key players, yes, but they are here to stay and won't be going anywhere in the next decade. They have everything in place to perennially compete and obviously more than enough spending power to buy new players. I agree that any team would do well to win 4 Premier Leagues in 10 years, yeah, but City are the current favourite, will most likely stay the favourite for next season as well and will keep racking up trophies left right and centre in the
foreseeable future imo.
With all the money Pep has spent they are still heavily reliant on the old core of players. They have an adequate replacement for D Silva in B Silva. It will be very difficult to replace Aguero. Jesus is fine as a back up striker but is not good enough to be the main striker. It is not too difficult to replace Fernandinho. The question is would his replacement be able to commit the tactical fouls he does without punishment. If he is constantly being punished for fouls which Fernandinho would have usually got away with he will be of little use to the system.

It's unlikely that most of the players you mention will spend the rest of their careers at City. They have been on an upward trajectory for the last decade. This has all been leading to assembling the most expensive squad in world football & hiring Pep to manage it. As said, the timing has been very good to them as the competition at home & abroad is considerably weaker than in previous years. You cannot stay on the peak forever though. The next 2 & a bit seasons is City's best chance of major success.

matbezlima

Liverpool winning the PL is worse than City winning the quad

I dont care if this City side follows up 100 points with winning everything, they can be spoken about for years to come as the greatest side the PL has ever seen, no one will care
Why would no one care about one of the greatest teams ever? If City achieve that, they are a serious contender for best English team ever in the PL era, alongside United 98-2001, United 2007-2009, Chelsea 2004-2008, Arsenal 2002-2006. Probably only the United teams would still be above. It would be an achievement for the ages!

matbezlima

What if City win three of 4 trophies in this season, including the CL, but lose the PL to Liverpool? The worst nightmare for United fans possible?

And what if Liverpool win both PL and CL this season?

Kent Devil

This is like being asked what bollock you would like to be kicked in. Both options are horrendously unpleasant and I'd rather neither would happen. But if I had to choose then I would go with City winning the quad. Anyway here is hoping that they win the title but it all goes tits up for them in everything else remaining.

RG 11

City league win
City treble (Pl / fa cup)
City treble ( PL / CL)
Liverpool league win
City quadruple

In that order for me.

I can't stand city eclipsing our treble as that's a once in multiple decades kind of achievement. Liverpool winning the league will be miserable but not as much as media wankfest over city being the greatest ever English side.

DSG

Worst in order:

City quad
Liverpool double (Prem & CL)
Liverpool Prem
Liverpool CL
City treble (Prem, FA, carabao)
City Treble (CL, FA, Carabao)
City double

A Quad win would mean an entire summer of debate about the “best team ever”. I’m not sure I can mentally handle that. I hate Pep and his cheating tactics. I hate Fernandinho, Ederson, the whole lot. The entire organization cheats. It’s owned by a country for fecks sake.

Inter Yer Nan

Liverpool winning the league would be worse. City quad is a disaster too but City’s success is basically irrelevant. Imagine the media and their fans and the cringe around Klopp? No thanks.

SirAF

Ageist
A City quadruple would be forgotten after a week except by their (non existing) fans.

reddevil80

F#/k the scousers, give them nowt but rotten old bins full o' shit and let them dip to their bellies are as full of crap as their mouths. Singing over Eric's tribute was the final straw. They are scum. The choice is horrible but city over the filthy gobshites for me.

Devils11

Talking about priorities...
What about : Liverpool winning the League and CL Vs Man Utd NO Champion League Football for 3 seasons?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
City have won their fair share over the last 7 or 8 years, so if they won a few together now it wouldn't take a lot to stomach it.

If Liverpool win the league, itll be lauded as the greatest win of all time. And I still feel like Gerrard would turn up and lift the trophy.

matbezlima

The worst nightmare for United supporters would be Liverpool winning both PL and CL this season. Liverpool would have only one less national title than United, but three more UCLs. Liverpool would undeniably be the biggest english club.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
I don't ever want City to beat our treble season with a quadruple. If they do that and keep the momentum going we become the 2nd club in Manchester in neutrals eyes.