City's "sponsors" do not exist

Flexdegea

Totally not shocked at this at all.

Expecting nothing to be done about it either

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Oil money shitclub with their hollow meaningless success.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Got de ja vu reading this, pretty sure we've seen this before from them?
Yeah I feel like this was a thing a few years ago as well. Around the FFP case I guess.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Site looks real to me but what do I know

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Is this twitter source trustworty or with an agenda (and agenda I would agree with but still)?

Because Teddy Sheringham is a brand ambassador:
Click on the link in the tweet, they mention the Sheringham link. He's either an idiot or knowingly part of the scam.

Skills

Snitch
The amount of money they must be paying agents/players off the books must be astounding as well. Money in the form of gifts in the state of Abu Dhabi.

Honestly though, I don't care. The whole FFP thing has lost sight of what it was there for. I don't think there's anything wrong with someone wanting to put money into a club and football. But the protections should have been in place to then stop that club going bankrupt when the owner decides he's had enough.

In that case, all they had to do was that the owner of the organisation takes on any liability personally for anything above and beyond the clubs means.

Grande

Is this twitter source trustworty or with an agenda (and agenda I would agree with but still)?

Because Teddy Sheringham is a brand ambassador:
It’s very trustworthy. Josimar is an investigative football magazine known for high value journalism and in depth articles. They’ve provided revaling articles previously, ie about World Cup to Qatar, who’ve held true. This is a piece of very thorough investigative journalism.

Woodzy

I mean getting a website and a video made using an ex-football are both pretty easy when you have the money. I could see why both of those would exist without there being an actual business.

mu4c_20le

Yeah no, this can't be true. The FA vetting process is extremely thorough.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
A City sponsor could list Mr Blobby as its CEO and nothing would be done.

I'm a hypocrite 'cos without them Liverpool would have won a lot more, so I'd rather a soulless club like City dominate than our actual rivals.

But in all honesty, City are a strain on football, same goes for PSG and Newcastle, wish we could hit the reset button.

tomaldinho1

I have no doubt it is a legitimate company legally speaking but it will be funded indirectly by some shell company of a shell company somehow linked with ADUG. The way FFP is, it's so easy to circumvent - City don't hide anything they do. Even reading the CAS paper from when they got off the CL ban on the 'time-barred' technicality, it's incredible how in plain sight it all is. The chairman of the panel was recommended by City & another panel member Andrew McDougall, bearing in mind the panel should have no connection/bias either way, literally had Etisalat and Etihad airways as clients...the panel was only three people and City won by a 2-1 verdict.

Grande

One should think this would be interesting. Other teams abiding by or punished by FFP must have a hard time swallowing that one of the clubs constantly beating them is using easily proovable fraud to do it.

TheReligion

Abusive
The very fact it’s so difficult to work out if the sponsor is genuine or not speaks volumes in itself.

Such a dodgy little club.

The whole “club”/vanity project is based on utter horseshit.

I’d love to know the true cost of Guardiola’s stay, he probably owns an entire city in Abu Dhabi, and a few sports clubs. He must be rich beyond any manager’s wildest dreams to spend the biggest chunk of his coaching career at Manchester’s second club.

stevoc

FFP is effectively dead so I don't know why they still bother with the fake sponsors anymore.

philnguyen1994

First line in the sponsor's website: "8Xbet is the best sports betting sites in Vietnam"

As a Vietnamese, I must say there's a slight problem with that: gambling is illegal in Vietnam ...

Dannn411

The whole “club”/vanity project is based on utter horseshit.

I’d love to know the true cost of Guardiola’s stay, he probably owns an entire city in Abu Dhabi, and a few sports clubs. He must be rich beyond any manager’s wildest dreams to spend the biggest chunk of his coaching career at Manchester’s second club.
And this in a nutshell is why he will never be the greatest manager ever. Actually I wouldn't even have him in the top 5. Outside of the Barcelona days, everything else he has achieved has been achieved with minimal resistance. There's at least 10 managers coaching right now that would win as much if not more than Pep has if they were bankrolled by an entire country/ managed the dominant club in the glorified feudal system that is the Bundesliga and that's without considering the great managers of the past.