City's "sponsors" do not exist

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I think you're missing my point, no doubt they've broken rules left right and centre my point is you're saying they're compensating players in different ways, the examples in Die Spiegle was for image rights which was payed by the club to the players like every other club does then Mansour allegedly financed that company, apart from Mancini I've never seen anything and even Die Spiegle from what I've seen has never uncovered anything where they were compensating players in different ways
They didn't need to compensate players in a different way when sponsorship money was being falsely injected into the club by the owner!

The fact is they were doing this (paying two wages) to Mancini, they were offering financial incentives to entice youth players (some of whom City have probably now sold for cash to further increase the coiffers) before they could indeed become a self fulfilling cash machine.

They broke the rules consistently and repeatedly to get to a point whereby they don't have to break the rules anymore (yet appears that they still might be!)

ExecutionerWasp001

Press get decent free food and drink at every ground and have done for years, I'm interested to know what other benefits they get?
You won't be putting on pork pies & cheap lager. It's widely known City put on the best spread for hacks in the PL. I remember seeing John Cross from the Mirror on some Sky Sports program. He was positively gleeful at the treatment he'd received from City saying it was the best he'd ever experienced.

We will never know what other inducements you are providing the press. Hacks are unlikely to report receiving payments for flattering articles as many like to purport themselves as objective reporters.

As said it's all very smart on your part. Much better to feed the hack's egos, bellies & bank accounts to keep them onside. When we had SAF reporters were lucky to get a pork pie & a grin. If they rubbed him up the wrong way they were told f**k off. As soon as we fell from our perch the jackals were on us.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
You won't be putting on pork pies & cheap lager. It's widely known City put on the best spread for hacks in the PL. I remember seeing John Cross from the Mirror on some Sky Sports program. He was positively gleeful at the treatment he'd received from City saying it was the best he'd ever experienced.

We will never know what other inducements you are providing the press. Hacks are unlikely to report receiving payments for flattering articles as many like to purport themselves as objective reporters.

As said it's all very smart on your part. Much better to feed the hack's egos, bellies & bank accounts to keep them onside. When we had SAF reporters were lucky to get a pork pie & a grin. If they rubbed him up the wrong way they were told f**k off. As soon as we fell from our perch the jackals were on us.
fair enough but I think they're on about the match day spread, way back when I used to go to them, Newcastle and Leeds put cracking spreads on, big hot and cold buffet and the half time food was good too.

stevoc

Press get decent free food and drink at every ground and have done for years, I'm interested to know what other benefits they get?
Good question I'm interested too. They obviously get very good press in general from most of the papers.

Sparky Rhiwabon

You don’t get to CEO without winning a few Employee of the Month Awards I guess

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just tried to place a bet with them for the laugh but sadly the site is restricted in my location (can access it, just not bet). What are the odds its restricted in every location?
Can't believe United legend Teddy Sheringham would trick my right honourable club into such a scam!

the_cliff

No one cares.

Haaland and City are bringing in the money, people are tuning in to see how many goals Haaland will score this week, the PL and FA are loving it. Who cares how they finance themselves.

Fridge chutney

Who cares how they finance themselves.
There are rules which govern how teams finance themselves, which City have ignored for over a decade, thereby cheating to gain success.

Without rules, what is the point of sport?

the_cliff

There are rules which govern how teams finance themselves, which City have ignored for over a decade, thereby cheating to gain success.

They've been to court for it and have got away with it time and time again, you think this time will be different ?

Etihad is owned by the same people that own City, PSG is sponsored by Qatar Airways, QNB and Qatar foundation and who owns them ?

There are no rules.

Fridge chutney

They've been to court for it and have got away with it time and time again, you think this time will be different ?

Etihad is owned by the same people that own City, PSG is sponsored by Qatar Airways, QNB and Qatar foundation and who owns them ?

There are no rules.
They will get away with it until they don't. Football clubs have been very hardly disciplined in the past, in England and Europe. City have been immune to this but it highlights the level of corruption in football more than anything.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Just tried to place a bet with them for the laugh but sadly the site is restricted in my location (can access it, just not bet). What are the odds its restricted in every location?
Can't believe United legend Teddy Sheringham would trick my right honourable club into such a scam!
How can you be restricted by location if 8Xbet is "licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission"
https://www.mancity.com/club/partners/8xbet

croadyman

They have ended fair competition long ago, shame that UEFA/CAS are too scared to make an example of them due to lawyers and passing of brown envelopes.

Last edited:

croadyman

A City sponsor could list Mr Blobby as its CEO and nothing would be done.

I'm a hypocrite 'cos without them Liverpool would have won a lot more, so I'd rather a soulless club like City dominate than our actual rivals.

But in all honesty, City are a strain on football, same goes for PSG and Newcastle, wish we could hit the reset button.
Yeah but Chelsea really started this,unfortunately those three were then allowed to follow suit and destroyed this once great game.

Like someone said earlier everyone is scared to death of reporting anything negative on City because that will be the end of them.

Will give that City fan in this thread a modicum of credit for at least admitting they are rule breakers.

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Yeah but Chelsea really started this,unfortunately those three were then allowed to follow suit and destroyed this once great game.

Like someone said earlier everyone is scared to death of reporting anything negative on City because that will be the end of them.

Will give that City fan in this thread a modicum of credit for at least admitting they are rule breakers.
Funny how they get a completely free ride though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Nothing will be done about this nor should it. Who cares about rules, I want to see Carling Whoreland score 200 goals.

I’m loving my life

Funny how they get a completely free ride though.
They shouldn’t.

Their spending in 03-05 alone was ridiculous in the context of normal at the time and renders anything they have done since as meaningless and hollow. The original plastic team

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
City's success means nothing. Soulless club that is nothing but a vehicle for sports-washing.
“City” is the ghoulish corpse of a club used as a cloak to disguise a monstrous nation state, with limitless resources. They likewise have infested 10/11 other sporting organisations around the planet. If they were called Arab Emirates United, would they be allowed to compete in the premiership? Look behind the mask. Say no to City. (No to “Newcastle United”, too). Ban the bastards from all competition.

The Purley King

How can you be restricted by location if 8Xbet is "licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission"
https://www.mancity.com/club/partners/8xbet
I work in the online gambling industry.
Here is where TGP Europe (the owner of the UK licence) is run from (a bookies in the Isle of Man)

Basically all they do is facilitate access to UK market for foreign online gambling firms, see here: https://www.theguardian.com/busines...feguards-no-match-for-online-bookie-stake-com
(read the part about white labelling).

Its beyond dodgy and utterly insane that they are now a sponsor of City.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pure doping. In my book we have 23 league titles Liverpool 22.

ExecutionerWasp001

“City” is the ghoulish corpse of a club used as a cloak to disguise a monstrous nation state, with limitless resources. They likewise have infested 10/11 other sporting organisations around the planet. If they were called Arab Emirates United, would they be allowed to compete in the premiership? Look behind the mask. Say no to City. (No to “Newcastle United”, too). Ban the bastards from all competition.
The game is run by buffoons especially our own FA.

PSG & City are cancers of the game that needed to be treated early. Instead UEFA have allowed them to grow & decimate their host. The FA have a novel plan. Rather than taking the nuclear option of Chemo & Radiotherapy to erradicate City they are going to infect the league with another cancer to try & control the primary cancer. When Newcastle start to decimate the host they will then have to find another cancer to control the secondary cancer which in turn was controlling the primary cancer. Anybody with half a brain can determine how this ends. The host becomes infested & eventually dies.

The way i see this ending is that the big PL clubs will take control of their own TV rights. This will allow them to compete on a relatively even keel with the state funded clubs. City & Newcastle would generate a quarter of the TV revenue of clubs like Utd & Liverpool. City & Newcastles owners would keep putting their own money into their clubs to counteract this disparity. This would then though have an effect on their transfer spending. Abu Dhabi think nothing of injecting £100 Mill into City every season as this keeps them ahead of the competition. They would start to think twice when they would be needing to inject £200 - 300 Mill every season. This then gives the the smaller clubs a problem as there is no way clubs like Leicester & Southampton can pull in £100 Mill for their TV rights. In effect it has to be decided if all but 2 clubs in the league go to the wall or is it just going to be the smaller clubs without rich owners.

arthurka

The British government will sit on it for 5 years so it becomes time-locked. And half of Britain's deficit disappears as if by magic.
Just don´t see how it would be fun to support a club like this. Sadly I can only see this get much much worse.

rollingstoned1

Everyone seems to know this is the case but why is no one able to nail them dead to rights yet? Even the PSG case was thrown out on a technicality(?) if I'm not mistaken.

Mr. Robot

Football has always been plagued with some form of corruption since I can remember. We had Calciopoli in 2006. We also had the Bruce Grobbelaar match-fixing scandals of the (I think) 1990s. And then obviously we’ve got FIFA being investigated by the FBI in more recent times.

But Man City’s corrupt behaviour is in a different level, on another plateau. They obviously pay anyone and everyone behind the scenes and cover it up with fake sponsorships. PSG are at it too and it won’t be long until Newcastle Utd are sponsored by a Saudi Tech Giant which doesn’t actually exist.

The modern game is corrupt at its core because the money involved is more obscene than it has ever been.

Football, eventually, will consume itself. I have a passing interest in the game these days yet was obsessed with it when I was a young man. I still follow United closely but don’t care about the sport in general anymore. World Cups being held in Qatar, talks of a Super League and nothing clubs like Manchester City being bankrolled by dodgy human-right’s abusing states has soured my tastes when it comes to the beautiful game I once loved.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just don´t see how it would be fun to support a club like this. Sadly I can only see this get much much worse.
I can imagine for a smaller club like City its fun enough. Maybe not at a club like like Liverpool or Utd. Or even Arsenal and Spurs. I know a section of Utd fans are clamouring to get an oil daddy in right now because of the Glazers but ultimately it's just a cry for help rather than a serious want.

City are living in their bubble. They are playing glorious football, winning most things in sight and buying the best talent (Haaland, etc). City fans are ecstatic in that bubble. The rest acknowledges the bubble but it's not part of the real world.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Football has always been plagued with some form of corruption since I can remember. We had Calciopoli in 2006. We also had the Bruce Grobbelaar match-fixing scandals of the (I think) 1990s. And then obviously we’ve got FIFA being investigated by the FBI in more recent times.

But Man City’s corrupt behaviour is in a different level, on another plateau. They obviously pay anyone and everyone behind the scenes and cover it up with fake sponsorships. PSG are at it too and it won’t be long until Newcastle Utd are sponsored by a Saudi Tech Giant which doesn’t actually exist.

The modern game is corrupt at its core because the money involved is more obscene than it has ever been.

Football, eventually, will consume itself. I have a passing interest in the game these days yet was obsessed with it when I was a young man. I still follow United closely but don’t care about the sport in general anymore. World Cups being held in Qatar, talks of a Super League and nothing clubs like Manchester City being bankrolled by dodgy human-right’s abusing states has soured my tastes when it comes to the beautiful game I once loved.
There's a holier-than-thou attitude in the English media that English football is exempt from corruption

arthurka

I can imagine for a smaller club like City its fun enough. Maybe not at a club like like Liverpool or Utd. Or even Arsenal and Spurs. I know a section of Utd fans are clamouring to get an oil daddy in right now because of the Glazers but ultimately it's just a cry for help rather than a serious want.

City are living in their bubble. They are playing glorious football, winning most things in sight and buying the best talent (Haaland, etc). City fans are ecstatic in that bubble. The rest acknowledges the bubble but it's not part of the real world.
I think you are right many Utd fans are dying to get rid of the Glazers but like the Saudi thread showed most of us have no interest in a oil state running the club, most want owners who run this like a football club and let the club use all their income on footballing matters and infrastructure. But how can we keep hammering the City fans while the FA and the government do absolutely nothing.