CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
conversion rate is the problem, if you shoot 26 times (vs 5) but only 6 (vs 3) on target, then the game ends 2-1 as statistically expected but you will lose against equal or better teams that are more clinical; it must be said the squad is still used to allegri’s letargy, probably because of too much endurance work and not enough repeated sprinting?
They might have 26 shots but they're all half chances or shots from distance. They aren't creating enough quality chances. Playing with Matuidi against Atletico, Barcelona or Bayern is like playing with 12. Play him against SPAL, Lokomotiv and Bologna and it's like you're playing with 10.

Have a team of Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Sandro, Pjanic, Rabiot, Khedira, Bernardeschi, Ronaldo, higuain/dybala against the bottom tier teams and Juve will start scoring 4 or 5 goals a game. Play the likes of Bentancur and Matuidi in midfield, De Sciglio at fullback or 4 midfielders with only 2 attackers and you'll obviously struggle to score.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I am not to sure what it is even a lot of the "chances" created were more like half chances rather then legit ones. Its been a common theme this season and it feels Juve have won most games this season 2-1 or by the skin of there teeth. There individual quality is giving them wins but that won't always be the case.
quantity without quality atm but trophies are not won in october and everyone at the club needs to do better

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
quantity without quality atm but trophies are not won in october and everyone at the club needs to do better
I agree and I feel that the ultimate goal for Juve especially with getting arguably the best player in the world is to win the CL but with the way they have been playing its hard to imagine them doing that. As you said it is still early in the season but it still should be a cause for concern.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I agree and I feel that the ultimate goal for Juve especially with getting arguably the best player in the world is to win the CL but with the way they have been playing its hard to imagine them doing that. As you said it is still early in the season but it still should be a cause for concern.
ok but I am not Agnelli and I do not give a sh*t :lol: thanks for the evening, folks, see you here in week 4. Ciao! :D

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Barça and Real are skint, aren't they? We can splash 200m I reckon. :) Why would you not want to come to a team that regularly reaches CL finals? :cool:
Do you really think Mbappe will be sold for 200M? ^^ You can probably add 100M to your bid.

SportingCP96

Supports
Do you really think Mbappe will be sold for 200M? ^^ You can probably add 100M to your bid.
Mbappe will leave on a free in the end of his contract if PSG ask for an insane fee. He is too good for the league and the team and should and will move to a bigger club. Madrid or the EPL imo.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Which we will :devil:

Btw, Guardiola just gave the perfect description of playing against atalanta: "they force you to the limit. Every play is decisive, if you win the individual duels you create a chance, if you lose them they create a chance"

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Mbappe will leave on a free in the end of his contract if PSG ask for an insane fee. He is too good for the league and the team and should and will move to a bigger club. Madrid or the EPL imo.
I highly doubt PSG will allow a player that expensive to leave for free, Leonardo is smarter than that.

tidraKS

Why isn't Mbappe a starter? I've seen him many times this season coming off of bench?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Why isn't Mbappe a starter? I've seen him many times this season coming off of bench?
He was still recovering from his injury, the scar was pressing on the nerve and he didn't feel good enough to be 100%.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
A fantastic performance tonight. Just the tonic we needed.

Will be completely pointless if we can ran over by Liverpool though. Don’t expect us to go to Anfield and win, but show some fight.
Well, obviously it won't, because tonight's results leaves us in good position to still qualify for the CL knock-out stages. It was pretty much a must-win game.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Ndombele has been so, so good tonight. The ability is so clearly all there, wonderful carrier of the ball, great vision and technically brilliant all round.

Just gotta seriously improve his engine (which is lacking) and work on stuff like his positional discipline, and we have a serious CM at the club.
Agreed. He's going to be a good signing for Spurs.

SportingCP96

Supports
I highly doubt PSG will allow a player that expensive to leave for free, Leonardo is smarter than that.
I don't think so either but if no teams wants to pay 400M for example and Mbappe wants to leave he could easily let his contract run down and choose the team he wants to play for with a huge signing on bonus. Or they sell him for 200M

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I don't think so either but if no teams wants to pay 400M for example and Mbappe wants to leave he could easily let his contract run down and choose the team he wants to play for with a huge signing on bonus. Or they sell him for 200M
I hope all the parties will be smart. Worst case scenario he will go for a smaller sum (like 200M) 1 year before the end of his contract.

SportingCP96

Supports
I hope all the parties will be smart. Worst case scenario he will go for a smaller sum (like 200M) 1 year before the end of his contract.
Thats what I believe will happen as well because PSG would be stupid not too see that kind of money but like I said the scenario I said is ONLY if they try to get 400M+ for him which would be absurd. In that case I think teams will refuse to pay and Mbappe will not sign another contract at PSG because he has accomplished everything in France and has nothing left to prove. He has outgrown the team and league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Aren't PSG offering him Messi money anyways? Basically only two other clubs can seriously sign him in the next 2 years....

Actually no. It's really just us

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Aren't PSG offering him Messi money anyways? Basically only two other clubs can seriously sign him in the next 2 years....

Actually no. It's really just us
He earns 20M gross ATM. Its big but not absurd. Don't know what they'll offer him to renew his contract though.
When you think about it, its "alexis sanchez money" ^^

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He earns 20M gross ATM. Its big but not absurd. Don't know what they'll offer him to renew his contract though.
When you think about it, its "alexis sanchez money" ^^
Yeah, i'm saying i've read somewhere PSG are offering him a new contract worth 100m a year

Edit: and even if they're not right now, they will. Because Florentino would, which makes that the benchmark

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Ajax vs Chelsea in the early KO tomorrow :drool:

GGT

Another good game by Lewa but still has a bad xG.
It is now official , the wordhas gone absolutely bonkers.

YOu do reaise he has scored in about his last 10 games?

my bad , just realised you were being sarky.

Hanks

So many good games on tonight.

Is it me or “this” side of the draw seems to have much more interesting games on paper at least every match day ?!

thepolice123

Juventus played some of the most scintillating football I've seen from them against Inter. They quickly reverted back to Van Gaal type football after that. Yesterday's football was torrid.

Playing 4 CMs was such a bizzare decision. They have Bentancur in the trequartista role who offered almost nothing in attack.

Yuri37

And why not stay at PSG until he helps his hometown Paris to achieve something they've never done which is winning the CL?

A far more interesting and history making challenge than helping clubs like Real,Barca or MU winning their 1502025000th CL trophy.
Mbappé will mark football history far more in helping the most famous city in the world and his hometown to win their first CL title than being the 120515025th player to win the CL with Real Madrid or Liverpool for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Yup. Both the early kick offs are decent (I'll be watching Ajax/Chelsea), & all of the regular kick-offs look like close games on paper except perhaps the Liverpool & Barcelona games (I've jinxed it now :D).

piesel

Juventus played some of the most scintillating football I've seen from them against Inter. They quickly reverted back to Van Gaal type football after that. Yesterday's football was torrid.

Playing 4 CMs was such a bizzare decision. They have Bentancur in the trequartista role who offered almost nothing in attack.
Every game is not the same, Lokomotiv setup has been extreme catenaccio, how do you find space in a game like this?

Costa and Ramsey can give more spark but the're both out for injuries.

SportingCP96

Supports
And why not stay at PSG until he helps his hometown Paris to achieve something they've never done which is winning the CL?

A far more interesting and history making challenge than helping clubs like Real,Barca or MU winning their 1502025000th CL trophy.
Mbappé will mark football history far more in helping the most famous city in the world and his hometown to win their first CL title than being the 120515025th player to win the CL with Real Madrid or Liverpool for example.
Because he would stagnate his own career and progress playing for a club like PSG and in the French league. He has outgrown the league and club and signing another 5 year contract would be making the same mistake Neymar did. He needs to play for an actual big club and not wait until 27 years old to do that because if he were to sign another contract it would be 5 years and no one would ever pay the fee PSG would ask for him.

He already knows he can score in ligue 1 for fun, he has no competition week in week out and his growth will stagnate. Like I said his quality and potential is way too good/high for a club like PSG.

Yuri37

Because he would stagnate his own career and progress playing for a club like PSG and in the French league. He has outgrown the league and club and signing another 5 year contract would be making the same mistake Neymar did. He needs to play for an actual big club and not wait until 27 years old to do that because if he were to sign another contract it would be 5 years and no one would ever pay the fee PSG would ask for him.

He already knows he can score in ligue 1 for fun, he has no competition week in week out and his growth will stagnate. Like I said his quality and potential is way too good/high for a club like PSG.
Nothing is stagnant in football, french league could well improve in the next few years and it's really not that bad all considering their financial limitations (bar PSG of course).

For example,even excluding PSG, look at the confrontations between french clubs and english clubs in last few years, PL clubs really don't find it that easy, far from it (see Lyon against City last season or Monaco against Arsenal,City and Tottenham the previous seasons).

Oh and if you english could stop stealing all our best players from our shite league, that could also help!

It's funny and quite ironic btw to see all the english fans having a go at french league when actually, many of their players and most of their biggest stars in the last 15-20 years have come from this league (Drogba,Henry,Cantona to name a few)

Last edited by a moderator:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Ajax v Chelsea about to start.

One of the great European sides, a real powerhouse of young players and forward thinking football, away to Ajax.

Should be fun!

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Where is VAR?

He wasnt offside, so it should be a pen.