CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Aaaahhh, bob lewandowski. What could have been :rolleyes:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Waiting for the typical comedic action from Spurs players and then have their fan blame pochettino for it. Spurs will rue the missed chances when they were dominant early on
I will blame him because he tactically we're constantly fecking open and don't look like our defence has any protection whatsoever, and he continually gives Alli chances despite Alli being shite whenever he does. Moura being benched for him here is a disgrace after what he's done for us in recent CL games.

We pressed well and played some good football early, but completely lack any ability to look in control of games, and that's not purely a personnel issue.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah, Thiago. But Thiago is on the bench so Kimmich can play in defensive midfield and Pavard, a cb, can blay at right back. If you think this doesn't make sense, welcome to Kovac.
How I hate our own "supporters" sometimes.... Thiago has been a liability this season so far. I don't know if I would have benched him today but I guess Kovac gave him a "timeout" today for his recent performances. I also rather see Kimmich as RB but you can't deny that he is at the moment overall our best option in CM because noone else actually performs there and Pavard has been a RB for a WC winning team. Is he a defensive option there? Sure but let's not act like he can't play there.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Great assist for Lewa there too.
He's a 22 year old central midfielder playing against Bayern Munich. He's going to give the ball away (it was hardly a horrendous error, and was a world class finish) and have bad moments.

He's also won it back numerous times, put 2 chances on a plate, carried the ball forward beautifully and generally been a serious threat. He's still raw and far from a finished product, but all the talent is there and he's even grabbing goals and assists.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I will blame him because he tactically we're constantly fecking open and don't look like our defence has any protection whatsoever, and he continually gives Alli chances despite Alli being shite whenever he does. Moura being benched for him here is a disgrace after what he's done for us in recent CL games.

We pressed well and played some good football early, but completely lack any ability to look in control of games, and that's not purely a personnel issue.
You were in control for the most of the first half :lol:

Just what exactly are you trying to tell us Ama?
What Pochettino is achieving with this Spurs side is remarkable. His team gets overrated a lot.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
He's a 22 year old central midfielder playing against Bayern Munich. He's going to give the ball away (it was hardly a horrendous error, and was a world class finish) and have bad moments.

He's also won it back numerous times, put 2 chances on a plate, carried the ball forward beautifully and generally been a serious threat. He's still raw and far from a finished product, but all the talent is there and he's even grabbing goals and assists.
Sorry, that's far too nuanced. I've seen him play a few times for a new team 2 months into the season and he looks shite so my mind is made up :wenger:

RooneyLegend

How I hate our own "supporters" sometimes.... Thiago has been a liability this season so far. I don't know if I would have benched him today but I guess Kovac gave him a "timeout" today for his recent performances. I also rather see Kimmich as RB but you can't deny that he is at the moment overall our best option in CM because noone else actually performs there and Pavard has been a RB for a WC winning team. Is he a defensive option there? Sure but let's not act like he can't play there.
Kimmich a better option than Thiago in midfield? What nonsense is that?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Who would you have in your team as a number 9, Lewa or Kane?
Kane is younger, Lewa is incredible but at some point father time is going to come knocking.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Sorry, that's far too nuanced. I've seen him play a few times for a new team 2 months into the season and he looks shite so my mind is made up :wenger:
Yeah but he's like .. actually been successful in those 2 months?

He has 2 goals and an assist in 5 league appearances from CM. He's not been perfect but he's clearly displayed that he has ability.

You're obviously trying to compare it to Pepe, who has completely failed to do anything but run a bit.

Dinamo actually managed to hold on without conceding. I'm impressed.
Through sheer dumb luck. If City buried their chances as they did vs was Watford, they'd have scored another hatful by the 30 minute mark.

redshaw

Good start from Spurs, created good chances and pressed them back well but probably hard to keep that up. Bayern do look a bit stronger than last year.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You were in control for the most of the first half :lol:
We were. And then we tired, settled in for the counter attack and conceded.

We always looked vulnerable on the counter, as we have for ages because for a long time we haven't looked defensively solid or a difficult team to break down.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pavard is a CB at heart, he only played at RB because there is no great RB in France and the only one (Sidibe) was injured before the World Cup

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Kimmich a better option than Thiago in midfield? What nonsense is that?
The kind of nonsense you know if you actually follow games and not judge players by their name. Thiago had a great last season but this season he has been bad, just really bad and that's not even debatable and I rate Thiago highly.
So yeah Kimmich is at the moment a CM because noone else, even Thiago, performs there.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
We badly need a recognised defensive midfielder back in the team. It's our number one priority aside from improving the fullbacks.

Pochettino's best sides had Dier or Wanyama shielding the backline so we didn't get exposed so easily when pushing up high and losing it. Ndombele shouldn't be the one defending in those areas, he should have more freedom to operate in areas more suited to his talents.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We were. And then we tired, settled in for the counter attack and conceded.

We always looked vulnerable on the counter, as we have for ages because for a long time we haven't looked defensively solid or a difficult team to break down.
You are playing Bayern not Stoke. You can’t expect to control the whole game against such a top team. The time you were in control you should have had 4 goals. That is the players fault that they were not clinical enough. I agree on Ali though, but I guess Poch is trying his hardest to help him regain his form.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
And yet Kane seems more injury prone.
That's true, and I don't know if that will be the trend for all of his career but if you ask me who I want to have on my team, I'm always looking long-term and I'd like the younger player who can still bang them in. Lewa is not going to be doing this for another half-decade like Kane can.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
fair enough. they might collapse in second half, I'm still expecting them to lose heavily in the end.
I know it sounds strange but you know situation in our football and because of all that things i just gave up years ago. ZM killed joy for our home football for me. Except NT of course

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
You are playing Bayern not Stoke. You can’t expect to control the whole game against such a top team. The time you were in control you should have had 4 goals. That is the players fault that they were not clinical enough.
They arent a great side though, just have a good manager, don't look at their squad and think wow thats a good side

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Lewandowski proving why he's been one of the best strikers in the world for past few years, what a finish that was :drool:

Take note, Harry Kane ;)

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Pavard is a CB at heart, he only played at RB because there is no great RB in France and the only one (Sidibe) was injured before the World Cup
You are writing this like that's some kind of revelation? Noone is saying otherwise but it also doesn't change the fact that Pavard can absolutely play as FB, has played there often enough at a high level and it is not some sort of crazyness to play him there if Kimmich is needed elsewhere.
Like I can't wrap my head around the fact that people go mad due to such changes while the same people were praising every crazy idea Guardiola had when he was our coach and often played his players ACTUALLY out of position.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
A yellow for Kane? Sorry , but this is easily a red.