CL Draw (Group H): PSG, Manchester United, RB Leipzig, Istanbul Basaksehir

Suedesi

Seems like the group of death. PSG are favorites, and RB Leipzig did pretty well in last year's competition. Know nothing about Basaksehir, but Turkish teams can be tricky ties.

Discuss.

Paul_Scholes18

nightmare. Top 3 hardest team from both group A and C. Hard away game in Turkey too.

Lentwood

If your intention is to win the Champions League, not just make up the numbers, then you should be looking at that Group as perfectly fine.

If we don't think we can take at least 10pts from Leipzig and Istanbul we might as well not bother

Sb_16

Good draw. Great chance to see where we stand in Europe.

Against Tuchel and Nagelsmann as well.

ROFLUTION

If your intention is to win the Champions League, not just make up the numbers, then you should be looking at that Group as perfectly fine.

If we don't think we can take at least 10pts from Leipzig and Istanbul we might as well not bother
Leipzig is a good team, sort of like Napoli when they drew Liverpool in CL. No walk-over considering that we're basically just no 3 / 4 in England.

The_Midfielder

Leipzig is a good team, sort of like Napoli when they drew Liverpool in CL. No walk-over considering that we're basically just no 3 / 4 in England.
They lost Werner.. who do they replace him with ? Are they the same team as last season without Werner ?

Siorac

Knowing us, we'll somehow finish 5th.

But seriously, we should probably brace ourselves for another Europa League campaign.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Pity those who were drawn in the same group as us.

They're just fighting for second place.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Brilliant group, 4 games to really look forward to and not dread.

Playing Europa teams with Matic, Ighalo, James and the likes was incredibly depressing.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It is what it is, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. If we get knocked out we didn't deserve to be in the competition. Its that simple.

VanGaalyTime

Brilliant group, 4 games to really look forward to and not dread.

Playing Europa teams with Matic, Ighalo, James and the likes was incredibly depressing.
I mean, that's exactly why the second half of our season is going to be depressing. No chance we get top 2 in this group.

ROFLUTION

They lost Werner.. who do they replace him with ? Are they the same team as last season without Werner ?
They operate as a team, very fluid and direct. Werner is a loss, clearly, but they more operate as a unit, than a one-man team. Typical german well grinded team.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
A very tricky but excellent draw. We have no more to fear from them than they do from us.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is that Turkish team the current domestic champion?

We’re fecked is my conclusion, but I’ll be mighty impressed if Ole navigates us out of this group. This group will certainly show where he is as a Manchester United manager. It’s a tough group but I expect a qualification. Anything less would be a failure.

AshRK

So if we finish top 2 and progress, what excuses will be made to devalue Ole!

Tarrou

Tough group but we'll be second favourites

When the squad is fit we can beat anyone on our day

Xaviboy

What's schedule like any tough premier league games in between the CL games?

Stadjer

PSG will likely end up first place. Mbappe and Neymar will destroy our defense. Mbappe vs Maguire sprint duel is going to be hilarious to watch.

Leipzig doesnt have the big name or the big name players but has a plan and an idea on how to play. Something United does lack...

The other team should be beatable but im expecting a third place in this group. Hoepfully Ole and the players can prove me wrong though... atleast it will be fun matches to watch

MattofManchester

I'm not worried about us going up against them offensively, but defensively, I've got that Dier feeling.

Strats

That’s one hell of a group. We’ll most likely have to play our strongest XI every game to have a chance to go through, which will have an affect on our league games

Just spunk the money on Sancho now please.