CL Draw (Group H): PSG, Manchester United, RB Leipzig, Istanbul Basaksehir

buckooo1978

Difficult group but I don't get all the moaning. Surely, competing against the best teams in Europe is what United is all about?
some pathetic posts flying about

the quality on the Caf has never been so low in my time - Reminds you of Twitter

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Great draw. We will have to perform to get through.
Bring it on. If we dont qualify then so be it .

always_hoping

CL fixtures out tomorrow.

It's a busy few months ahead.

Newcastle (A) 17th of October
CL Matchday 1: 20/21 October
Chelsea (H) 24th October
CL Matchday 2: 27/28 October
Arsenal (H) 31st October
CL Matchday 3: 03/04 November
Everton (A) 7th November
West Brom (H) 21st November
CL Matchday 4: 24/25 November
Southampton (A) 28th November
CL Matchday 5: 01/02 December
West Ham (A) 5th of December
CL Matchday 6: 08/09 December
Man City (H) 12th of December

After that is the busy Christmas fixture list including a league cup quarter final.

Without stating the obvious Ed needs to pull the finger out and get players in by Monday.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Great draw. If OGS is actually what he is touted to be he should have no problem against coaches supposedly inferior to him like Tuchel and Nagelsmann. Bring it on!! 10 points against Paris and Leipzig. We go on as group toppers. Also this is the "Stage" players like Pogba are supposed to own. Let's see how world class he is.

ArjenIsM3

Great draw. If OGS is actually what he is touted to be he should have no problem against coaches supposedly inferior to him like Tuchel and Nagelsmann. Bring it on!! 10 points against Paris and Leipzig. We go on as group toppers. Also this is the "Stage" players like Pogba are supposed to own. Let's see how world class he is.
Christ :lol:

Red00012

Seeing as OGS record against the better teams Is decent and struggles against the poorer team maybe we can qualify.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Seeing as OGS record against the better teams Is decent and struggles against the poorer team maybe we can qualify.
This. We will get 4 points from the PSG games. Maybe even 6. But a lot depends on Rashford finding his best form. Our counterattack mechanism does not work without him.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'm quite happy with that draw, not because I think we'll definitely go through but because it's games I really want to see. I'm tired of facing crap teams all the time in the Europa league and League cup whose names I've only heard in passing once or twice before that we rarely play our best 11 against, I'd much rather face the best teams in the world and see how we stack up instead of hoping that Lingard and James will get a confidence boost while playing some Slovakian farmers.

Shiva87

Tough group. Last season's finalist and semi finalist in the same group as us. Should be very exiting. If our players needed any motivation to be back in the CL - this is it. Playing against top sides and showing their abilities. This is why players want the CL.

2 games against PSG will be fun to watch, specially after the Paris robbery. Will show us how far Ole has got this team. I remember we never looked like we were going to win, and barely had any spells of pressure. Our progress (or lack of) will be obvious in those fixtures.

We could have had an easier group but if we wanted that, we should have won the Europa and put ourselves in Pot 1. If we get out of this group, the team should feel very confident of going deep in the competition. No easy games.

Can't wait to see how Greenwood will compare to Mbappe and the likes. If he gets off to a flier in the CL - we really could have a superstar on our hands. I always remember Rooney having something extra for big games, and hopefully Mason has a similar streak.

tomaldinho1

Tough group. Last season's finalist and semi finalist in the same group as us. Should be very exiting. If our players needed any motivation to be back in the CL - this is it. Playing against top sides and showing their abilities. This is why players want the CL.

2 games against PSG will be fun to watch, specially after the Paris robbery. Will show us how far Ole has got this team. I remember we never looked like we were going to win, and barely had any spells of pressure. Our progress (or lack of) will be obvious in those fixtures.

We could have had an easier group but if we wanted that, we should have won the Europa and put ourselves in Pot 1. If we get out of this group, the team should feel very confident of going deep in the competition. No easy games.

Can't wait to see how Greenwood will compare to Mbappe and the likes. If he gets off to a flier in the CL - we really could have a superstar on our hands. I always remember Rooney having something extra for big games, and hopefully Mason has a similar streak.
They are very different players and we'll have signed Sancho by then :wenger:

Shiva87

They are very different players and we'll have signed Sancho by then :wenger:
Obviously they are different. Point is that he can go head to head against them and might as well end up with a greater impact on the game.

Sancho or not, I'm most excited about seeing Mason develop this season.

Chicharo

If we are to be scared by the likes of Istanbul and Leipzig, we should step out of the competition immediately.
I think we have a decent chance in getting something from two legs against PSG
People wanting 3rd place... I dont believe them

ti vu

CL fixtures out tomorrow.

It's a busy few months ahead.

Newcastle (A) 17th of October
CL Matchday 1: 20/21 October
Chelsea (H) 24th October
CL Matchday 2: 27/28 October
Arsenal (H) 31st October
CL Matchday 3: 03/04 November
Everton (A) 7th November
West Brom (H) 21st November
CL Matchday 4: 24/25 November
Southampton (A) 28th November
CL Matchday 5: 01/02 December
West Ham (A) 5th of December
CL Matchday 6: 08/09 December
Man City (H) 12th of December

After that is the busy Christmas fixture list including a league cup quarter final.

Without stating the obvious Ed needs to pull the finger out and get players in by Monday.
The draw is not that bad, but looking at the schedule, we don't look to have the squad for it at the moment

Gator Nate

I don't get any negativity from this group, given the potential teams we could have had. It's Champions' League! It's not supposed to be easy! Besides, we do fine against the good teams. I'll be surprised and disappointed with a third place finish, and won't be surprised with a group win.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any chance we will have any crazy Turkish fans sign up for Basaksehir? I seem to remember some legendary posts when we played Fener last.

Redfrog

PSG will play exactly how we like it and we will cut them open. No worries guys

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Great group - hate the boring ones, especially when we struggle/fail to get through anyway.

Guaranteed 4 good games, and I'd back us to pip a Werner-less Leipzig.

ROFLUTION

You still didn't answer the question. Do they play with 10 men?
So far they've played Yussuf Poulsen up front. Not as deadly as Werner of course.

More of a mobile-type of striker, who understand where to place himself to get to chances. He drifts. Behind him / on the side of him is Dani Olmo and Forsberg.

Edit: And they've bought Sørloth now to replace Werner. Sørloth has had a great season, so no, they will definitely not be playing with 10 men.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Champions League has never been the same without us, the cream of Europe.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Only just seen the draw. Of course we get the hardest group...

MarkCanuck

The fact that people are not positive about us progressing from the group shows how far we have fallen. Used to be other teams were worried about having United in their group.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surely there is no question that we should be clear favourites along with PSG to progress. Leipzig overachieved last season (credit to Nagelsmann) and they won't be underestimated this time around, a star forward down. No fans in Turkey potentially, which I guess takes a huge edge off.

If we start playing like a well drilled team I don't think it's unrealistic we even win the group. But I definitely think we should progress. Let's not drop the expectations down yet again.

Chairman Woodie

I am happy with the group draw. It will be a good challenge for Solskjaer and the squad. Especially looking forward to seeing RB Leipzig.

My concern is the lack of squad depth and new signings. United's fringe players will have to step up to the mark to cope with all the fixtures.

Mihai

So far they've played Yussuf Poulsen up front. Not as deadly as Werner of course.

More of a mobile-type of striker, who understand where to place himself to get to chances. He drifts. Behind him / on the side of him is Dani Olmo and Forsberg.

Edit: And they've bought Sørloth now to replace Werner. Sørloth has had a great season, so no, they will definitely not be playing with 10 men.
Yeah, forgot they bought Sorloth. Thank you

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
I, for one, am very happy with this draw.
Are we going to win the CL? Not a chance.
Are we going to play some very high strength teams? Absolutely!

I'm excited. I have absolutely zero expectations as all my hope for us to win anything in the near future has dissipated into the abyss but it'll be nice to play some top teams instead of John's mates from Azbekistsan

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Tough group. Worst part about it is getting Istanbul from the 4th seed. Must be the longest flight in the competition.

lsd

The Oracle
Has anyone blamed Woodward for the draw yet ?

Tel074

If your intention is to win the Champions League, not just make up the numbers, then you should be looking at that Group as perfectly fine.

If we don't think we can take at least 10pts from Leipzig and Istanbul we might as well not bother
Yeah but we ain't realistically winning it unless Ed has a master plan in the final weekend of the window ..we will get absolutely butt fecked in that group

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
The fact that people are not positive about us progressing from the group shows how far we have fallen. Used to be other teams were worried about having United in their group.
Or maybe it shows how much of a collective bitch the Caf has become.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
RB were good last year with Werner, they might be a middle of the pack kind of team this year. We'll see after some of the season is played.

PitTon

This is what it means to be in the CL. I believe we gonna get through because we are due to play against Inter this season.

Denis79

Happy about the group, tired of playing teams in Europe I've never even heard of.