CL Draw (Group H): PSG, Manchester United, RB Leipzig, Istanbul Basaksehir

Siorac

What's schedule like any tough premier league games in between the CL games?
Matchday 1 is before the Chelsea game, matchday 2 is sandwiched between Chelsea and Arsenal, matchday 6 is between a visit to West Ham and the home game against City.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's a very difficult group but I think we're the second best team in it. Leipzig are undoubtably a good team, they have lost Werner so hopefully that can swing things in our favour.
Their strength was and is Nagelsmann more than any player. Its why they made the CL semis.
That's true but there was a very big element of luck involved in that, no to completely discredit their achievement but they played a very depleted Spurs team followed by an Atletico side who'd only just finished their league campaign, in those earlier stages those with a longer break benefitted the most.

RRCE

I doubt it will have any impact at all, but I would hope that this draw motivates the owners to spend some serious money over the next few days.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
What's everyone freaking out for?

It's not that hard of a group.

Istanbul will be the trickiest games.

We'll counter the shit out of PSG.

Jibbs

I hope Cavani and Upamecano play for United against their old teams.

Xaviboy

Matchday 1 is before the Chelsea game, matchday 2 is sandwiched between Chelsea and Arsenal, matchday 6 is between a visit to West Ham and the home game against City.
Cheers. That's tricky that. Let's hope for no major injuries.

Mihai

They operate as a team, very fluid and direct. Werner is a loss, clearly, but they more operate as a unit, than a one-man team. Typical german well grinded team.
You still didn't answer the question. Do they play with 10 men?

Strelok

Is that Turkish team the current domestic champion?

We’re fecked is my conclusion, but I’ll be mighty impressed if Ole navigates us out of this group. This group will certainly show where he is as a Manchester United manager. It’s a tough group but I expect a qualification. Anything less would be a failure.
First real test for Ole :devil:

Adamsk7

So happy with this draw! I’ve had enough of playing unpronounceable clubs where we stick out a second string a scrape a win. This is exactly what the Champions League is and will really test us.

Vargo Hoat

Supports
Union Berlin
You still didn't answer the question. Do they play with 10 men?
They just bought Sørloth from Crystal Palace/Trabzonspor. Top scorer in Turkey last season. Beast of a player. Remains to be seen if he has got what it takes in the Bundesliga, but I rate him.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Man, could you imagine a United fan under sir Alex saying we have no chance in such a group? The status of our club right now is not good. We need to go back to the old days when we would be favorite to win such a group.

We desperately need Pochettino or funnily enough, we get to see Nagelsman as well, to see if he is the real deal. However, to be fair to nagelsman his team doesn’t cost as much as ours, so he will be judge solely on how he organizes his team.

tomaldinho1

Can't wait for these games, CL football is what it's all about and PSG will be awesome. Welcome back the snake haha!

JTW95

Gullible sausage
We wanted Champions League for these sort of games. Bring it on. Can't wait.

BorisManUtd

Well at least we'll play in an empty stadium in Istanbul, turkish fans usually make hostile atmosphere. We lost at Fenerbache in Mourinho's first season, Galatasaray under Fergie was tricky too.

Leipzig will be tough, no Werner anymore but Nagelsmann looks like an excellent coach.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
My worry is the lack of depth killing us here. Its a group where we basically can't rest anyone or drop any points - meaning an already crammed schedule is even harder. Bringing in Telles and an attacker who can rotate with the main 3 is absolutely vital. Currently only have a good enough midfield 3 to rotate in, and one of Bailly or Lindelof for the other (and GK), and that lack of depth for the front 3 and fullbacks will kill us very quickly this season. It'll be excused as an injury crisis, but one that's very easily preventable.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Very annoying to get PSG again so soon after the last time we played them, and with that cnut DiMaria still there, and now Herrera as well - that's my main frustration; we were never going to win the competition of course so the toughness of the group doesn't distress me too much.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
It'll be a nice occasion regardless of the results. The other teams will provide a good distraction. Ole as a manager is a Jeckyl and Hyde leader, so anything is possible.

dal

I couldn’t be more delighted with this group. Cavani and sancho will help us however not having another top class centre back will prevent us going far.

I do think we will get out the group however.

HackeyC

What I took from the draw is what a convoluted mess it has become, miles away from the cups where anyone can face anyone. Seeds yes, fine, second tier seeds also just about fine, but draw segregation for commercial reasons is something I massively disagree with. If there are fixture clashes (e.g. same cities) then work it out after the draw, don't manipulate the draw to suit.

I would also be fine with being able to face teams from your own league in the group stages.

End of rant.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Man, could you imagine a United fan under sir Alex saying we have no chance in such a group? The status of our club right now is not good
It really says as much about our modern fanbase as it does about the club

Zoo

It’s exciting to be involved in attractive games. We’re not going to win this trophy but the players will learn a lot.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We've had some dour groups in the past, whether it be the CL or EL. This is atleast exciting.
Cant wait.

Strelok

Man, could you imagine a United fan under sir Alex saying we have no chance in such a group? The status of our club right now is not good. We need to go back to the old days when we would be favorite to win such a group.

We desperately need Pochettino or funnily enough, we get to see Nagelsman as well, to see if he is the real deal. However, to be fair to nagelsman his team doesn’t cost as much as ours, so he will be judge solely on how he organizes his team.
You for got Eddie Howe I think. Still remember how he would become the next real deal according to the caf.

Foxbatt

We will see how good Ole is compared to Nagelsmann. I am looking forward to this time.