CL Quarters and Semi's

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They're not even remotely similar.
Quality possession in midfield, tiki taka. If they're not remotely similar then I expect to see plenty of hoof ball football from Barca. Something the Utd defence will comfortably deal with over two legs.

BlueHaze

I see a lot of people counting us out against Barca just like they did against PSG. We're obviously the underdogs going into this tie but we proved against PSG that we've got a lot of fight in us and we won't roll over. Let's see how we bounce back after the international break, we've got two games before Barca where we have to make a statement and re-gain our confidence.
Never under any circumstances compare PSG to Barcelona. This tie is going to show us how far behind we actually are.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Quality possession in midfield, tiki taka. If they're not remotely similar then I expect to see plenty of hoof ball football from Barca. Something the Utd defence will comfortably deal with over two legs.
Wolves do not play 'tiki taka'.

They're a well organised team who sit pretty deep and hit you on the counter attack. This is the reason they struggle against inferior sides who allow them to have the ball, and why they boast an impressive record against the top 6.

Last night they had 38% of the ball. They had 39% when they beat us 3-1, in the recent draw against Chelsea they had 24%.

They have some quality in midfield (Neves, Moutinho) but they are not a possession based team, Neves in particular often goes for the hollywood long ball and is a big fan of shooting from distance. Barcelona will play completely differently to Wolves, they won't sit anywhere near as deep and will rely a lot more on individual attacking flair and the famous 'get the ball to Messi' strategy. United will sit back and allow them to have the majority of the ball, they'll play more like Wolves than Barcelona will.

Canagel

Never under any circumstances compare PSG to Barcelona. This tie is going to show us how far behind we actually are.
well after this FA Cup exit we'll have 8 full days to prepare for the Barcelona match because we won't be involved in the semi finals on 6/7 April. they will play twice in that period I think and the second one is away to athletico 3 days before the first leg. our freshness should be put to a good use.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Portuguese football observers, have Porto improved much this season to give them a chance at turning over Liverpool and atoning for last season’s plumelling? Liverpool themselves don’t seem to be overrunning teams which as much ease as this stage last season so any Porto improvement may make it a fairer duel this season, no?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Portuguese football observers, have Porto improved much this season to give them a chance at turning over Liverpool and atoning for last season’s plumelling? Liverpool themselves don’t seem to be overrunning teams which as much ease as this stage last season so any Porto improvement may make it a fairer duel this season, no?
Can't get any worse than last season... Porto are at the same level but what happened last season was very unusual.

In normal circumstances Liverpool will comfortably make it through without any humiliations like last season.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Looks very likely that we're going to start with Milner as LB and Henderson as RB considering Robertson's suspension and TAA's injury. Fecking hell :lol: Rest of the team basically picks itself in that case, with the same starting midfield as last Friday at St. Mary's. Luckily we're at home. I think Gomez is also almost fit but probably not enough to start a CL quarter-final yet.

Josh 76

Looks very likely that we're going to start with Milner as LB and Henderson as RB considering Robertson's suspension and TAA's injury. Fecking hell :lol: Rest of the team basically picks itself in that case, with the same starting midfield as last Friday at St. Mary's. Luckily we're at home. I think Gomez is also almost fit but probably not enough to start a CL quarter-final yet.
Relax. You can best Porto playing Klopp at full back.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Relax. You can best Porto playing Klopp at full back.
Yeah sure, it's not that I'm worried, just shows our lack of depth. I can live with Milner as deputy LB since Robertson is hardly ever injured and Milner does a good job there (the less said about Moreno the better), but this once again shows that letting go of Clyne was a mistake.

Just seen that they'll show Spurs-City on Belgian TV so I'm gonna have to watch it on a stream as well, ffs.

Josh 76

Yeah sure, it's not that I'm worried, just shows our lack of depth. I can live with Milner as deputy LB since Robertson is hardly ever injured and Milner does a good job there (the less said about Moreno the better), but this once again shows that letting go of Clyne was a mistake.

Just seen that they'll show Spurs-City on Belgian TV so I'm gonna have to watch it on a stream as well, ffs.
Luck of the draw !

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
We are about the same we were last year.
The difference is that last year in the first game we had half our starting 11 injured or suspended, and with our thin squad that's a major problem.

This year this won't happen, however Alex Telles is injured and won't play.
This is a massive loss because the only other viable full back we have in the squad can't play in the CL (Manafá) so basically we will be forced to play with Militão on the right (a CB) and Maxi Pereira on the left.
We will lose a lot of attacking play from the sides and Maxi Pereira is very old now, I fear he will be outrunned by whoever Klopp wants to put on his side.

EDIT: Apparently we called Alex Telles (not sure in what physical conditions) but Pepe and Herrera are suspended. So in short it's just terrible again :D, this happens every single year at this stage of the competition.

Last edited:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Just watch the Spurs/City game instead. It'll be a more interesting tie for sure.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is the Spurs/City game at Wembley or the new stadium?

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
We're gonna spank Porto :D I'd rather watch a good game.

Hoping Spurs can pull something out.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
We're gonna spank Porto :D I'd rather watch a good game.

Hoping Spurs can pull something out.
Well now I really fecking hope City leads 0-2 after 10' and you're stuck with a boring game as well :p

*Which is a very real possibility imo. Can see Spurs offering a little resistance but City will be too much for them.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Well now I really fecking hope City leads 0-2 after 10' and you're stuck with a boring game as well :p

*Which is a very real possibility imo. Can see Spurs offering a little resistance but City will be too much for them.
I don't know, Spurs came to Anfield & gave us one hell of game (from what I caught of it, anyway). They're a good team. Their form is a tad shite, but in a European game versus a domestic team, I think the new stadium will be buzzing.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I don't know, Spurs came to Anfield & gave us one hell of game (from what I caught of it, anyway). They're a good team. Their form is a tad shite, but in a European game versus a domestic team, I think the new stadium will be buzzing.
Imagine if they put City out of the CL and then win at the Etihad in the league. I’d buy a Kane jersey if so.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Imagine if they put City out of the CL and then win at the Etihad in the league. I’d buy a Kane jersey if so.
Get a Liverpool kit & put "Kane MBE" & the number "19" on the back :D

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm going to be controversial here but Utd are so bad and to then get Barca you have to :lol:. However if anyone knows me, that isn't the controversial part. :p

I can see Utd beating Barca. Not because Ole is a genius or Pogba is or isn't a brilliant footballer, but because I have seen these sorts of runs before. Liverpool in 2005, Chelsea in 2012 heck even Madrid last season. All fated to get to the final. I'm half expecting Alisson to accidently throw the ball into his own net twice against you if we make it to the semis.
Yeah, so, my opinion hasn't changed. I still think Utd are getting through and this has nothing to do with ability.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, so, my opinion hasn't changed. I still think Utd are getting through and this has nothing to do with ability.
I hope not. I want them out asap . there's too much tension as it is with the league . I'd be watching us playing them from behind the couch if it came down to it

Josh 76

There is no way Spurs are beating City in the league.
There first 11 will be shattered after the second leg, but unlike City, haven't got the squad to rotate for the PL game 4 days later.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
They didn't even manage a shot on target at home. I just can't see them going to the Nou Camp and winning.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
And Kane would have contributed sweet f all to both of those outcomes. Might as well buy a Spurs jersey and put @GlastonSpur on the back.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
And Kane would have contributed sweet f all to both of those outcomes. Might as well buy a Spurs jersey and put @GlastonSpur on the back.
Relax mate, that reply was before the game, how could I know he would get injured? :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
@Ishdalar @Infordin et al, do you guys know if you can just buy tickets for Barcelona-Liverpool on the site? I know it's possible for La Liga games since Nou Camp rarely sells out, but I imagine there are other rules in place for the Champions League?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Barcelona V Liverpool
Tottenham V Ajax

Safe to say the winner of Barcelona/Liverpool will win the champions league?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
For some reason, Liverpool fanboys assume they are going to mostly "survive" Camp Nou (1-0 or even 0-0) and then pull a "2009 Pool vs Madrid" at Anfield and score a shitload of goals while 2019 GOAT Messi just gets cancelled off. Funnily enough, many on the caf believe that, I guess the same ones who truly believed City were favorites to win this UCL. Christ, I'm beginning to think current PL is overrated.

I say Liverpool will be found out (out of breath because of PL title race) at Camp Nou, hard; Barça is not Crystal Palace, you know? And then Barça will survive Anfield (a defeat even, why not, but not enough for Pool).

Bring it on.

A Barça vs Ajax final would be gorgeous indeed.