CL Quarters and Semi's

shd0w

Do we know yet what date the first leg of the semi will be? I have flights booked for the Chelsea game on the Sunday before the semis but if we are to play on the Tuesday it will likely be moved

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I feel for Spurs. Actually got to a QF of the Champions League again and they get drawn against fecking City who they play twice a year and are far superior; even the Dortmund draw was more exciting for them.
It's total shit. I would have much preferred United or Liverpool, not even just because I think they're worse than City, but at least they're ties against big clubs.

I couldn't care less about facing City, not remotely exciting for me at all.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think we can really stuff Barca, their defending is shambolic for the most part and they no longer this high pressing and intensity side they used to be, there's a reason they got shown up by bloody Roma last year and can't get past QF hurdle for years now.
City didn’t beat Lyon in 2 matches, Barcelona didn’t lost one. And United doesn’t have Messi. The best hope is he doesn’t have a game like vs Spurs or the last one. But it’s 50/50 .

MrEleson

I'm not saying they will, I'm just saying that's the "storyline" UEFA want for the final. Barca vs. Pep or Messi vs. Ronaldo.

Look at the brackets for the CL over the last few years, they tried to rig a Barca/Real final every time, but Barca always fecked up. The draws are 100% rigged.
They’ve been trying since 2012. That year Bayern and Chelsea made the final after Barca failed to beat Chelsea and Real failed to beat Bayern.

In 2013 it was Barca v Bayern & Dortmund vs. Madrid and both Spanish clubs messed up.

2014 Barca couldn’t even pass QFs.

2015: Juve vs. Real Madrid; Barca vs. Bayern but Madrid mess up this time.

There has somewhat been a pattern. Messi vs. Ronaldo final would make them a lot of money though. The frenzy would be through the roof. And probably the whole world would tune in.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Drawn at home first. Apparently no chance

Isn’t that what they said when Chelsea won it? Home first against Barca but somehow won

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I feel for Spurs. City were by far the team I least wanted to face as they’re fantastic and because they play them in the league already and because it’s City it won’t be a “big” European faceoff like it would be with Barca or Juventus.

Patrick08

Drawn at home first. Apparently no chance

Isn’t that what they said when Chelsea won it? Home first against Barca but somehow won
With 10 mins to play in second leg if away team needs one goal its actually pressure on the opposition. We have got game management now unlike mourinho who reversed it on us with Seville but we did it to pay. Anything is possible in football if you believe.

Morpheus 7

Man City are jammy bstards, playing nobody in this competition. Playing Spurs to get to a semi final.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I feel for Spurs. City were by far the team I least wanted to face as they’re fantastic and because they play them in the league already and because it’s City it won’t be a “big” European faceoff like it would be with Barca or Juventus.
We play them 3 times in 10 days. Can't wait.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Had a feeling we'd get Spurs. Not exactly a tie to get the juices flowing but, after Porto, they're the side I'd have most fancied us to progress against. Delighted we've avoided Liverpool in two-legged ties, feck playing at Anfield again. Not sure my nerves could have handled a big European game against United too so probably best that's seemingly avoided.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Great draw for us, Messi (& Barca) will contrive to throw away the QF as usual :D

scoi

I just didnt want a PL team. Barca is always an awesome night and we get to play against Messi whilst he's still a great player. Its always 3+ tough rounds to lift the trophy.
One game at a time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What a load of bollocks. I could take us drawing Barca in isolation, our draws have been shit this season so I’m used to it, but while Liverpool draw Porto...

Canuckred64

Worst draw we could have got. Barcelona than likely Liverpool in the semis and City in the final.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Great draw for us, Messi (& Barca) will contrive to throw away the QF as usual :D
If it ends up being a Barca/Liverpool semi final who do you root for?

Testing your United/Ronaldo fandom right now ;)