CL Quarters and Semi's

Treble

I presume everyone thinking, juventers, Liverpool, city and Barca are going through.
But football is never simple as that.
Sometimes it is but at least one non-favourite should go through, hopefully us.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
We're lucky this time. But if we go through the semis are going to be proper fights, no more luck for us for sure.

I want City to finally get tested. Hopefully Spurs can up their game, but if not - Juventus is probably going to wait for them.

Rooting for Ajax if we fail.

Treble

Form and injuries might change the prospects for each tie, too early to call. PSG were heavy favourites...Of course, we'll need some luck to beat Barca, they are better. But they were better than Roma too.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I reckon all the ties, bar Liverpool's, will be closer than people are anticipating. I'd still expect to see all the favourites progress, but Spurs, Ajax and United will not go out without putting up a fight. Liverpool will almost certainly walk through Porto as they did last season though.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
It should be a City v Barca final then though you can never rule out one of them bottling it again.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I reckon all the ties, bar Liverpool's, will be closer than people are anticipating. I'd still expect to see all the favourites progress, but Spurs, Ajax and United will not go out without putting up a fight. Liverpool will almost certainly walk through Porto as they did last season though.
I don't think you'll smash us to bits or anything, but I do think it'll be a pretty comfortable win for you overall. Maybe a draw at ours and then a 2-0 win at the Etihad, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

We'll certainly compete and make life difficult for you, but the simple fact is you're superior to us. In pretty much every area of the pitch and every aspect of the game you're a better team than we are, which means we'll need to be seriously on your game and hope you're off yours, and will likely need plenty of luck on our side, which doesn't often seem to be the case.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Did the Man. United tie get reversed in the end? I remember hearing it this morning but hadn't checked if it actually happened.

Think that makes a difference....Man. United go first to Camp Nou and get an away goal in narrow defeat and then you have brilliant set up for Old Trafford.

Now Barca will probably come to OT and score an away goal or two and then it's massive uphill struggle for second leg.

Of course Man. United did it in Paris but Camp Nou is whole different story when teams go there for second leg.

It will be interesting match up though as I really don't think Barca are as strong as they were 3-4 years ago in CL and they aren't generallly great away from home in the knock outs.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Glad we got Barca. I think we got a better chance over two legs rather than one.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Barcelona are like a much better version of us. We depend heavily on Hazard to win games and they depend on Messi. Yes, he’s a freak of nature and capable of winning any game on his own, but look around the rest of their team and there are reasons for optimism.

Quite sad how many United fans are desperate to finish top 4 but are not happy they drew Barca and think they are out before a ball is kicked. This is why people want qualify for the Champions League, guys, for nights like Barcelona away! Yes they are favourites, but can you go through? Ofcourse you can! I shouldn’t need to remind you what happened in 2012 and the state of our team when we won it.

Overall though, I’m going to plump for Barca, City, Liverpool & Juve to qualify, with City going on to win it as they were my choice before the tournament began and I believe only the scousers can stop them stylistically.

Reactions: Theonas

Lelouch geass

We cant make miracle everytime with half of the team at back not so solid, less fluid game play and without atleast another attacking world class player besides pogba. Our season might just go teribbly wrong still credit to OGS. If not manutd i support in order of ajax, porto, barca, juve( bcoz of group stage saltiness) , spurs , city. Hope for miracle.

NoPace

I have a feeling for Spurs over city, there is usually a shock and I reckon this could be it.
Same, though it's probably just me disliking City and my permanent belief that while Pep is the best manager in the world, his style always makes CL upsets possible. Kane and Son might give their backline trouble and Spurs can potentially throw out a talented back 5 to shackle City a bit.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Agree to disagree in that case. Napoli are way stronger than Valencia imo. And Spurs made it hard on themselves by losing at an awful Inter side in the last 5mins of the game. Just look at how they crashed out against Frankfurt last night. I still think we had the toughest one but agree there's not that much in it. Bayern, on the other hand, are not as strong as the past few years, no, but it's still the first time in almost a decade that someone can knock them out in the Round of 16. They don't lose at home that often. Beating Bayern over two legs is harder than Roma, Dortmund, Schalke and Lyon.

We've had a harder than average path to the QFs. But yeah, we got lucky this time, although I very much hope the players don't take anything for granted or rely on a good result based on what happened last year.

Still a lot tougher than what City had to beat to get here though.
Can't compare it to City. They were 1st seeds and beat their group so they earned their "easier" route. Would have been harder had more English teams topped their groups but that didn't happen so chances of drawing Atlético were slim.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm going to be controversial here but Utd are so bad and to then get Barca you have to :lol:. However if anyone knows me, that isn't the controversial part. :p

I can see Utd beating Barca. Not because Ole is a genius or Pogba is or isn't a brilliant footballer, but because I have seen these sorts of runs before. Liverpool in 2005, Chelsea in 2012 heck even Madrid last season. All fated to get to the final. I'm half expecting Alisson to accidently throw the ball into his own net twice against you if we make it to the semis.

Eila

PSG > Barca > Liverpool > City/Juve
What a fecking run.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Really? I'll take that.
Yeah, it's for the same reason that your match against Barca has been switched although in this instance, it benefits you rather than City. Hopefully Spurs (I actually lol'd at this idea myself) or Barca do us a favour so we can have the second leg at Anfield if we make the semi's

Raven

Feck Barca. My most hated team. Almost PSG level bottlers, these last few years. I fancy our chances here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm going to be controversial here but Utd are so bad and to then get Barca you have to :lol:. However if anyone knows me, that isn't the controversial part. :p

I can see Utd beating Barca. Not because Ole is a genius or Pogba is or isn't a brilliant footballer, but because I have seen these sorts of runs before. Liverpool in 2005, Chelsea in 2012 heck even Madrid last season. All fated to get to the final. I'm half expecting Alisson to accidently throw the ball into his own net twice against you if we make it to the semis.
How are united "so bad"? Do you mean with Jose, v psg or now generally?

And we've got past psg. This isn't some name on cup material fate just yet!

Get past Barcelona mind...

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Juve, City, Barca and Liverpool all going through would be a bit boring but City vs Juve and Liverpool vs Barca would make for very fresh match ups rather than the usual Madrid vs Bayern or Atlético vs Barca ties.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
How are united "so bad"? Do you mean with Jose, v psg or now generally?
I wanted to wait for you to see for yourself before I replied. The run of games playing Huddersfield, Fulham (4 times? :eek:), Cardiff, etc, gave you lot blind optimism when Ole took the wheel. Didn't help that the totally uncharacteristic wins against Juve, Spurs and PSG reinforced the blinkers.

You didn't just have a bad day against Wolves. That is basically the extent of your abilities this season (blame Jose, training, injuries, individuals, whatever). Think of Barca as basically playing Wolves again but with Suarez, Messi and Dembele/Coutinho instead of Jota, Jiminez and the other one.

And after saying all that I sense you will beat them. Call it a hunch.

Terminator

I wanted to wait for you to see for yourself before I replied. The run of games playing Huddersfield, Fulham (4 times? :eek:), Cardiff, etc, gave you lot blind optimism when Ole took the wheel. Didn't help that the totally uncharacteristic wins against Juve, Spurs and PSG reinforced the blinkers.

You didn't just have a bad day against Wolves. That is basically the extent of your abilities this season (blame Jose, training, injuries, individuals, whatever). Think of Barca as basically playing Wolves again but with Suarez, Messi and Dembele/Coutinho instead of Jota, Jiminez and the other one.

Ignorant posts from brain dead rival fans like this can only exist on RedCafe, no other football forum will put up with crap like this.

Were wins to Arsenal, Chelsea away and Liverpool failing to create a single chance in 90 mins against a United B team also 'uncharacteristic ' ? Also barca are like Wolves but with Suarez/messi etc.. instead of Jota, Jimenez WTF? You couldn't have picked a worse example.

Last edited:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

They're not even remotely similar.

Revan

Assumptionman

What a feck does it even mean Fulham 4 times? Also, we defeated Juve with Mourinho, not Ole. With Ole, we defeated Arsenal away (though lost the other match against them away), Chelsea away, Spurs away and PSG away, while drawing against Liverpool at home (who had zero chances) and losing against PSG at home.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What a feck does it even mean Fulham 4 times? Also, we defeated Juve with Mourinho, not Ole. With Ole, we defeated Arsenal away (though lost the other match against them away), Chelsea away, Spurs away and PSG away, while drawing against Liverpool at home (who had zero chances) and losing against PSG at home.
You know it's not been that great if not conceding a shot against us is regularly mentioned as it's a trophy on here ;)

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ignorant posts from brain dead rival fans like this can only exist on RedCafe, no other football forum will put up with crap like this.

Were wins to Arsenal, Chelsea away and Liverpool failing to create a single chance in 90 mins against a United B team also 'uncharacteristic ' ? Also barca are like Wolves but with Suarez/messi etc.. instead of Jota, Jimenez WTF? You couldn't have picked a worse example.
Mate, I wouldn't take his posts seriously. He's best ignored. One of the biggest WUM's on here.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I see a lot of people counting us out against Barca just like they did against PSG. We're obviously the underdogs going into this tie but we proved against PSG that we've got a lot of fight in us and we won't roll over. Let's see how we bounce back after the international break, we've got two games before Barca where we have to make a statement and re-gain our confidence.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Mate, I wouldn't take his posts seriously. He's best ignored. One of the biggest WUM's on here.
Fair enough. I gave my opinion without wumming. It is your prerogative to think otherwise. Really surprised to see a draw against Liverpool at home being marked as an achievement (by at least two people above). Utd fans used to get warned for that on Redcafe not so long ago.