CL spot and Liverpool PL title vs. playing in EL and Liverpool losing title

cyril C

Euro 2020, will have to be postponed to 2021, and the rest of Europe can finish there leagues, cups etc, even if it goes into July. Transfer window would be interesting, as players would still be playing for there clubs! And what about players who's contracts run out in June? It's a right mess. But something he's to be done iether way. Just null and void whole season . Ohhh I can hear the bindippers screaming !
The most tricky part is out of contract players after June, so either UEFA sanction limited extension into end-July (not sure whether this is legally binding), stating that no new player registration can commence before August for example; or domestic league must be completed by end-June.

Assuming 6 weeks to complete the remaining season, and 1 week to re-start training, latest Decision-Point is 1st week of May for latter scenario, or mid-June with extension.

I don't think FA can make decision to void 2019 season as early as March, without legal challenge. But decision in end-April early-May would be appropriate. So keep watching repeated games on TV until further notice.....

Hughie77

The most tricky part is out of contract players after June, so either UEFA sanction limited extension into end-July (not sure whether this is legally binding), stating that no new player registration can commence before August for example; or domestic league must be completed by end-June.

Assuming 6 weeks to complete the remaining season, and 1 week to re-start training, latest Decision-Point is 1st week of May for latter scenario, or mid-June with extension.

I don't think FA can make decision to void 2019 season as early as March, without legal challenge. But decision in end-April early-May would be appropriate. So keep watching repeated games on TV until further notice.....
Yes it's a mess, seems there is a meeting tomorrow, more come out in the wash then, I can see all comps finishing realy by late may, as long as it starts back in April?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
We’re not winning the CL just yet but we can win the EL. Trophy win > CL QF finish. Liverpool can sit on 18 erect dicks

Ryan Bobson

This season should be null and void in all the English leagues then I dont mind listening to the scousers for once saying " Its never their fault"

ROFLUTION

You’ve decided you wanted to have a go at something, so created it, and had a go at it.

Now excluding things I didn’t say, Mikel Arteta, I presume, will not die. He will recover within a few weeks. Coincidentally around the time football is due to return. If the authorities do not want mass gathering, they aren’t a requirement to play a game of football. By ‘getting over themselves’, my thinking is none of this ‘football without fans is crap’ stuff. I think we can all agree that if the circumstances were normal, that wouldn’t be the case. However, so long as the players, coaches and officials who will of course have been tested, do not have the virus - a game of football can be played. Unless the ball has it.

Cancelling the season shouldn’t happen. We resume on 4 April as planned, either with fans or without them, and complete the season.
Why do I disagree with almost every post I see from you?

There's no way no player or manager will not have corona around April 4th. Wouldnt that mean in theory that a whole squad goes into quarantine? If thats the case, finishing the season gets even more unfair.

And how about if we see a scenario with a player who dies from corona? Will that hault the league? Let's not pretend its completely far fetched - players take all sort of strange medicine like arthritis-medicine that has caused players have heart-attacks. The issue to continue the league could have a lot of skewedness and complications, even behind doors. Some players will have families with relatives in intensive care too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why do I disagree with almost every post I see from you?

There's no way no player or manager will not have corona around April 4th. Wouldnt that mean in theory that a whole squad goes into quarantine? If thats the case, finishing the season gets even more unfair.

And how about if we see a scenario with a player who dies from corona? Will that hault the league? Let's not pretend its completely far fetched - players take all sort of strange medicine like arthritis-medicine that has caused players have heart-attacks. The issue to continue the league could have a lot of skewedness and complications, even behind doors. Some players will have families with relatives in intensive care too.
Feck knows what you’re on about tbh. Don’t over complicate anything. So long as the match day squad and officials have been tested and do not have Corona, then I would imagine nobody would transmit it, die from it or whatever anarchic scenarios being presented. The whole idea of playing games behind closed doors due to a virus is because you cannot account for 80,000 fans. Let’s not pretend it is not possible to have a scenario where we are confident that 22 players can be on a pitch without Corona virus.

Naturally, if a player has Corona virus, it goes without saying that he should not be on a football pitch. The arguments that were put forward regarding closed doors were all of this ‘we won’t play without fans because that’s not real football’ stuff. Hence me saying they should probably ’get over themselves’ given the circumstances. The fact that they prefer an audience is obvious, and not the biggest priority when compared with potentially abandoning an almost complete league. Our last game was behind closed doors because of this virus. I’m pretty sure there was a confidence that the players did not have the disease. Why can’t you do that again x9?

Feck knows what you’re on about tbh. Don’t over complicate anything. So long as the match day squad and officials have been tested and do not have Corona, then I would imagine nobody would transmit it, die from it or whatever anarchic scenarios being presented. The whole idea of playing games behind closed doors due to a virus is because you cannot account for 80,000 fans. Let’s not pretend it is not possible to have a scenario where we are confident that 22 players can be on a pitch without Corona virus.

Naturally, if a player has Corona virus, it goes without saying that he should not be on a football pitch. The arguments that were put forward regarding closed doors were all of this ‘we won’t play without fans because that’s not real football’ stuff. Hence me saying they should probably ’get over themselves’ given the circumstances. The fact that they prefer an audience is obvious, and not the biggest priority when compared with potentially abandoning an almost complete league. Our last game was behind closed doors because of this virus. I’m pretty sure there was a confidence that the players did not have the disease. Why can’t you do that again x9?
22 players, 10 subs, another 15 squad players who are training. 10 coaches, 20 support staff, and all of their families.

hmmmm. Extremely unlikely

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
22 players, 10 subs, another 15 squad players who are training. 10 coaches, 20 support staff, and all of their families.

hmmmm. Extremely unlikely
It’s literally been done a number of times over the last couple of weeks. These are clubs with extensive medical facilities, and also switched on to the fact that they are in extreme circumstances. It’s not too much to ask for all of their players to be tested for Corona.

cyril C

Yes it's a mess, seems there is a meeting tomorrow, more come out in the wash then, I can see all comps finishing realy by late may, as long as it starts back in April?
According to Mirror, EPL might be worse off because UK is behind everyone else in Europe in terms of the virus. They might have to streamline CL and Europa format to accommodate. I think we will be lucky to restart the game by early May.

In terms of scheduling, if they play all the CL/Europa games in Jun, I suppose we can finish off most of the 10 games within May, if we do start by early May. Wrapping up FA and the remaining EPL by June is within target. On the other hand, I doubt rest of Europe will wait for England beyond August/Sep if you can't finish, JULY might be the only buffer and new season must restart by Sep. More old games re-watch in March & April, hopefully Bundesliga and Serie A can re-start sometime in April....

Last edited:
It’s literally been done a number of times over the last couple of weeks. These are clubs with extensive medical facilities, and also switched on to the fact that they are in extreme circumstances. It’s not too much to ask for all of their players to be tested for Corona.
That’s not my point. The chances of having perhaps 200 people free of corona virus to play a bloody football match behind closed doors is unlikely and not worth the risk - it’s not just 22 players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That’s not my point. The chances of having perhaps 200 people free of corona virus to play a bloody football match behind closed doors is unlikely and not worth the risk - it’s not just 22 players.
Are you aware of how many people in the entire fecking country have Corona? Less than 2000 out of 60 fecking million. Get a grip.

cyril C

Are you aware of how many people in the entire fecking country have Corona? Less than 2000 out of 60 fecking million. Get a grip.
You are currently on 2000 because you are behind the herd. I am sure Donald and Boris were thinking like that, until they saw what is happening to Italy, and Spain.

Italy has 35K infected, Spain 13K, Germany 8K. If your NHS is really good, I mean you know it better than me, your death rate will be less than 0.5% like Germany. But if your NHS is like Italy, it is currently at 8%. UK is currently at 4%. If your infected rate is 1% of population, you will have 600K patient, out of which 24K will die. Boris was thinking of 70% to be herd infected? When you have 600K patients, your NHS can function? BTW you just had 10K+ potential carrier last Friday out of the Stereophonics concert. Chance of re-starting EPL in May is slim, as your peak won't come until mid-April. I never know there are so many Liverpool haters....

p.s. most western politician were thinking of the USA H1N1 2009-10 Pandemic, with 60m infected, 274K hospitalised, 12K dead. The death / infected rate was much lower at 0.02%, but not this time, 100 times stronger. Of course, 20-30K dead Brit is nothing, compared with losing TV money and Liverpool not able to take the trophy. If this is what some people think....

Last edited:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Finish this season aim to get all European leagues done by late August. Next year make CL and EL knock out only... will probably make it a better tournament. Cancel the League Cup for next season.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You are currently on 2000 because you are behind the herd. I am sure Donald and Boris were thinking like that, until they saw what is happening to Italy, and Spain.

Italy has 35K infected, Spain 13K, Germany 8K. If your NHS is really good, I mean you know it better than me, your death rate will be less than 0.5% like Germany. But if your NHS is like Italy, it is currently at 8%. UK is currently at 4%. If your infected rate is 1% of population, you will have 600K patient, out of which 24K will die. Boris was thinking of 70% to be herd infected? When you have 600K patients, your NHS can function? BTW you just had 10K+ potential carrier last Friday out of the Stereophonics concert. Chance of re-starting EPL in May is slim, as your peak won't come until mid-April. I never know there are so many Liverpool haters....

p.s. most western politician were thinking of the USA H1N1 2009-10 Pandemic, with 60m infected, 274K hospitalised, 12K dead. The death / infected rate was much lower at 0.02%, but not this time, 100 times stronger. Of course, 20-30K dead Brit is nothing, compared with losing TV money and Liverpool not able to take the trophy. If this is what some people think....
The irony is if a prime minister had closed borders and blocked flights in and out in January he or she would have been mocked and ridiculed for a month or two. Before being viewed as a genius and saviour of a nation.

brilliant. What a misguided post.

You clearly have no concept of what’s actually going on. You are selfish and deluded. Thankfully not everyone is like you.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
brilliant. What a misguided post.

You clearly have no concept of what’s actually going on. You are selfish and deluded. Thankfully not everyone is like you.
Yea, I’m deluded and have no clue what is going on. So much so that I am the first person to have considered the idea of playing a football match behind closed doors in the wake of a pandemic. Nobody else would ever say such a thing. Of course, ignoring the actual football federations that literally held a number of events behind closed door in the last weeks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So if you won the lottery yesterday, a £100m jackpot lets say, and then the National Lottery suddenly announce this afternoon that they are withholding all money and instead donating the entirety to help research into coronavirus vaccine. You;d accept it in a socially-conscious manner?

Lovely analogy but Liverpool haven’t actually won the lottery. They’ve got 5 numbers and the machine picked up their bonus ball before malfunctioning and the bonus ball falling back into the pile with all the others. It definitely looked like they had won the lottery but unfortunately a dues ex machine appeared.

Lynty

Lovely analogy but Liverpool haven’t actually won the lottery. They’ve got 5 numbers and the machine picked up their bonus ball before malfunctioning and the bonus ball falling back into the pile with all the others. It definitely looked like they had won the lottery but unfortunately a dues ex machine appeared.
:lol: Another nice anology.

But I was actually talking about Leeds and WBA who I foresee being the biggest obstacles against voiding the leagues.

Even if after all this is done and the country having the worst estimated 800,000 deaths, Leeds are going to want their £150m (no amout of PR is worth that much)

Yea, I’m deluded and have no clue what is going on. So much so that I am the first person to have considered the idea of playing a football match behind closed doors in the wake of a pandemic. Nobody else would ever say such a thing. Of course, ignoring the actual football federations that literally held a number of events behind closed door in the last weeks.
clearly you dont.

in retrospect those games shouldn’t have taken place, and furthermore things have moved on considerably in the last couple of weeks. We are now facing lockdown, and schools to be closed for 12 weeks - do you really think we are going to be playing football behind closed doors when our kids can’t even go to school.

:lol: Another nice anology.

But I was actually talking about Leeds and WBA who I foresee being the biggest obstacles against voiding the leagues.

Even if after all this is done and the country having the worst estimated 800,000 deaths, Leeds are going to want their £150m (no amout of PR is worth that much)
Leeds and WBA can only be promoted if the league is finished. lots of teams in similar positions have fallen into the playoffs from where they are.

Leeds would go back to bring one of the most hated teams in the uk if they started legal proceeding whilst in the midst of this crisis (or after).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
clearly you dont.

in retrospect those games shouldn’t have taken place, and furthermore things have moved on considerably in the last couple of weeks. We are now facing lockdown, and schools to be closed for 12 weeks - do you really think we are going to be playing football behind closed doors when our kids can’t even go to school.
Schools were not closed and we were not facing lockdown when I suggested we play behind closed doors. Situations change and I do not propose they play of the world looks like the fecking Walking Dead. As it stands, I am on my way to work, as are those who work with me. The public transport is running and many shops are open. Today that is, not even a week ago.

Lynty

Leeds and WBA can only be promoted if the league is finished. lots of teams in similar positions have fallen into the playoffs from where they are.

Leeds would go back to bring one of the most hated teams in the uk if they started legal proceeding whilst in the midst of this crisis (or after).
So you think Leeds are going to roll over and accept they won't get promoted or any of the prize money? Their future over the next ten seasons could be decided on this outcome.

I agree that the EFL should call their bluff though.

So you think Leeds are going to roll over and accept they won't get promoted or any of the prize money? Their future over the next ten seasons could be decided on this outcome.

I agree that the EFL should call their bluff though.
life is not fair is it?

a few seasons ago Bristol Rovers were playing Wycombe and were winning 3-1 at their ground. The game got abandoned in about the 80th min (can’t remember exactly). The game had to be replayed, Wycombe won and Rovers were relegated by one or two points. That’s wasn’t fair.

perhaps if Leeds’ form didn’t fall off a cliff last season they would already be in the PL - who is to say that won’t happen again.

I agree it’s a difficult situation, and there will be fans and clubs in uproar (everyone is in uproar these days!)no matter what the decision.

Schools were not closed and we were not facing lockdown when I suggested we play behind closed doors. Situations change and I do not propose they play of the world looks like the fecking Walking Dead. As it stands, I am on my way to work, as are those who work with me. The public transport is running and many shops are open. Today that is, not even a week ago.
schools close on Friday, 40 tube stations are closed. Can you not see what is happening. We won’t be playing football for a long time. With or without a crowd.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't understand why next season is that important. Whenever you can, finish this season off and resolve all questions regarding promotion, relegation, etc. Accept the fact that next season may be truncated.

Did you even read the post you quoted sir.
please see above. As discussed you don’t seem to have any handle on the gravity and scope of this virus.

cyril C

I don't understand why next season is that important. Whenever you can, finish this season off and resolve all questions regarding promotion, relegation, etc. Accept the fact that next season may be truncated.
If rest of Europe can somehow finish in July, EPL will be the only unfinished business. There is the question of European qualification, players transfer, teams promotion and relegation. Extending the season to Sep-Oct would also create another problem of start and stop.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I quoted both of them. You are now insufferable and pathetic.
Except the one you just quoted earlier today, in which your response bore no relevance to. When I asked if you had read it, you then quoted every post I have made other than the actual one I made this morning that you quoted, this morning!

Do you have any sense at all?

Except the one you just quoted earlier today, in which your response bore no relevance to. When I asked if you had read it, you then quoted every post I have made other than the actual one I made this morning that you quoted, this morning!

Do you have any sense at all?
thank god you’ve just gone on my ignore list. Good day.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
thank god you’ve just gone on my ignore list. Good day.
Ooh, you go girl.

For the record, the below is the one that would have gotten you the prize of actually reading the post you had responded to this morning. Not quoting posts from days ago.

cyril C

I think the season will re-start in 1st week of May, initially behind closed door, then when situation permit, open to fans. This will ensure domestic season can be finished by June. Any clubs with FA and European games probably play 2 games a week throughout.

Nikelesh Reddy

If the season gets postponed beyond 30th April then Liverpool won’t be champions.I think the season will be declared null and void if it gets delayed any further....