Television Clarkson's Farm

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Couldn't find another thread, it's on Prime Video

It's really good 4 episodes in.

Funny, somewhat educational and well-filmed. Appreciate Clarkson is Marmite, but he's good in this.
One star from the guardian.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This will be really funny because Clarkson is a bigoted old man who doesn’t understand the modern world and doesn’t understand nature. I hope the hamster and captain slow visit him and they do some scripted sketches where things all go wrong and they play up to their characters. They will be on to a real winner if they do this.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
One star from the guardian.
Well that’s hardly surprising is it. Haven’t seen this yet but I’ll give it a go. Though I do find their separate projects a bit boring compared to the three of them together.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This will be really funny because Clarkson is a bigoted old man who doesn’t understand the modern world and doesn’t understand nature. I hope the hamster and captain slow visit him and they do some scripted sketches where things all go wrong and they play up to their characters. They will be on to a real winner if they do this.
Haven’t watched the show but I have read a few of his ST articles about the farm and he understands nature/modern farming a hell of a lot better than most people. Top Gear (or whatever the feck the Amazon spin off is called) crawled up its own arse years ago but this could be worth a watch.

Drawfull

Haven’t watched the show but I have read a few of his ST articles about the farm and he understands nature/modern farming a hell of a lot better than most people. Top Gear (or whatever the feck the Amazon spin off is called) crawled up its own arse years ago but this could be worth a watch.
The Grand Tour did tail off, but this new show is genuinely interesting TV. I'm not surprised at most users comments here though despite the fact they haven't watched it either.

Tiber

I've been really looking forward to this.

Many love him, some hate him. Personally I'm a huge fan.

It looks good from the clips I've seen so far. I'll watch it over the weekend.

The Guardian unsurprisingly showing why nobody takes it seriously anymore.

decorativeed

Is there a scene where he slips in some slurry and is carried away to the sea? If so, I'll give it a watch.

The Guardian review is so wide of the mark, I'm sure it will go down a storm with this site's rabid leftism.
Cheers, I'll go and read it now. Thanks for the recommendation.

decorativeed

Possibly the funniest chap alive right here. At least you had to go through the newb... oh.
Eh? I went through the Newbies system back in 2009.

Am I more or less funny than a man who assaults people because there was no hot food? Who calls a 16 year old girl "mad and dangerous" and tells her to shut up?

Let's face it, the guy's a massive prick and the only good thing he's ever done is pouring a glass of water over Piers Morgan's crotch.

Last edited:

Drawfull

Am I more or less funny than a man who assaults people because there was no hot food?
It was a childish cheap shot, based on not ten likes, apologies; I can be an immature so and so occasionally so I'm sorry for that. I was being a bit sensitive because you haven't and likely won't give it a go, yet are basing your opinion on the guy from when he was doing those shows. i said in the OP that he's Marmite, but he's a different guy in this to go as far as to say that I think even Clarkson haters will like it. It's really good telly...

What Clarkson might do - head for one announcing cold food? (3,11)

(I wrote that clue for a cryptic crossword in the Independent years ago, so well aware of that particular episode)

decorativeed

It was a childish cheap shot, based on not ten likes, apologies; I can be an immature so and so occasionally. I was being a bit sensitive because you haven't and likely won't give it a go, yet are basing your opinion on the guy from when he was doing those shows. i said in the OP that he's Marmite, but he's a different guy in this to go as far as to say that I think even Clarkson haters will like it. It's really good telly...

What Clarkson might do - head for one announcing cold food? (3,11)

I wrote that clue for a cryptic crossword in the Independent years ago.
No worries, I don't mean to have a go at you, I just can't stand the guy.

And I'm awful at cryptic crosswords, so you've stumped me there.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Am I more or less funny than a man who assaults people because there was no hot food? Who calls a 16 year old girl "mad and dangerous" and tells her to shut up?

Let's face it, the guy's a massive prick and the only good thing he's ever done is pouring a glass of water over Piers Morgan's crotch.
Didn’t he go one further and give him a dig?

Clarkson’s definitely a tool. Who’s done some shitty things. Owning a farm does seem to have wised him up a bit though, based on his column in the ST. He seems to genuinely care about stuff like climate change, biodiversity and sustainability. So if this series gives these views a platform then that’s all good.

If it’a just him driving a massive tractor and taking prat-falls in wellies I think I’ll give it a miss. I won’t be relying on the Grauniad review to know how it’s positioned though.

Drawfull

Didn’t he go one further and give him a dig?

Clarkson’s definitely a tool. Who’s done some shitty things. Owning a farm does seem to have wised him up a bit though, based on his column in the ST. He seems to genuinely care about stuff like climate change, biodiversity and sustainability. So if this series gives these views a platform then that’s all good.

If it’a just him driving a massive tractor and taking prat-falls in wellies I think I’ll give it a miss. I won’t be relying on the Grauniad review to know how it’s positioned though.
I'm probably like his brother or something by now, but it is him doing the positive stuff you said. Yes he buys a tractor made by Lamborghini which most of his helpers point out is completely inappropriate, yes he buys yellow tinted bottles to put mineral water in, onto which he puts labels proclaiming proudly that there's no shit in it (which is given context), but he also successfully rewilds some land he has, births sheep, grows crops despite the worst year (as per the show) since 1976 even without COVID, misunderstands and then comes to grip with the scale of what he has on his hands, and ultimately... well you'll have to watch.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It looks good from the clips I've seen so far. I'll watch it over the weekend.

The Guardian unsurprisingly showing why nobody takes it seriously anymore.
Not agreeing or disagreeing, but what do you mean by that?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Someone called him a Tory cnut, and as we know, all people that have money are Tory cnuts. Or something. Have you read this place?
Clarkson is a Tory you do know that right? He’s also a cnut, you do also know that right? He’s a Tory cnut.

lsd

The Oracle
It's a good show and Clarkson knows more about the countryside than most people on here I've enjoyed all the spin offs from Hammond May and Clarkson so far long may they continue and annoy their haters

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It's a good show and Clarkson knows more about the countryside than most people on here I've enjoyed all the spin offs from Hammond May and Clarkson so far long may they continue and annoy their haters
How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

The editorial policy has become a bit sketchy the last couple of years. It's trying too hard. And I'm a contributor.
What does the editorial policy have to do with the review? That’s not a rebuttal I just have no idea about how the Guardian operates in that aspect.

Drawfull

How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

What does the editorial policy have to do with the review? That’s not a rebuttal I just have no idea about how the Guardian operates in that aspect.
For your first comment, outside of you being a stereotype welsh and therefore being a sheep farmer (are you?), most people on here are not. He actually does farming. he fecks a lot up, but he also gets a lot of success after learning how.

I love the graun, but it's gone a bit OTT with some things for me in the past few years. I don't disagree really with their editorial stance, but do disagree with some of their editorial decisions. I just want honest reporting, free of any and all bias. It doesn't do that any more, in any segment of which this is just one. There is no way, LITERALLY NO WAY this is a one star show, but that's what it got. Why? Because of JC. Nothing more, nothing less. It was a nailed on one star review before the show even dropped. That's not journalism. It;s agenda.

lsd

The Oracle
Clarkson has owned a farm for the past 8 years and has been very successful at it as anyone who paid any attention to him instead of just frothing at the mouth in disgust would know

Drawfull

Clarkson has owned a farm for the past 8 years and has been very successful at it as anyone who paid any attention to him instead of just frothing at the mouth in disgust would know
He did have someone running it for him til 2019 at some point. Hence this series. I finished the last episode before KO, and really hope they do another. A bit like Stardew Valley, I'd happily watch YoY.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
For your first comment, outside of you being a stereotype welsh and therefore being a sheep farmer (are you?), most people on here are not. He actually does farming. he fecks a lot up, but he also gets a lot of success after learning how.
Not far off, I’m actually a builder (and wannabe coach) but I was born and raised on a working farm, and even after I’d moved away I have to come back often when they needed more hands on deck (and still do a lot of farming work). I don’t doubt he’s learned a lot and that he is earnest about it all, but there is a big difference between relying on it as your main source of financial contribution and your livelihood, and doing it in front of cameras with a lot of help.

I am glad that he’s highlighted the shit deal a lot of farmers get though (at least from a few quotes I’ve seen knocking about). My grandparents struggled massively and the hours were painful.

I love the graun, but it's gone a bit OTT with some things for me in the past few years. I don't disagree really with their editorial stance, but do disagree with some of their editorial decisions. I just want honest reporting, free of any and all bias. It doesn't do that any more, in any segment of which this is just one. There is no way, LITERALLY NO WAY this is a one star show, but that's what it got. Why? Because of JC. Nothing more, nothing less. It was a nailed on one star review before the show even dropped. That's not journalism. It;s agenda.
I get what you’re saying here, I’m going to give it a go as I am a fan of watching farm shit, sad as it is, and I’ll keep an open mind.

It’s pretty funny you typed that, yet he’s been very open about having nothing to do with the farm until this series.