Clash PSG - Real Madrid| Sir Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo and Beckham to attend the Game | It rains :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I dont like Real, but its not really hard to decide. Hope they wipe the floor with them.
You'd think that, but then I envision Ronaldo scoring and doing that earth shatteringly cringeworthy celebration he does and my soul vomits blood.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
You'd think that, but then I envision Ronaldo scoring and doing that earth shatteringly cringeworthy celebration he does and my soul vomits blood.
I hope for a high scoring draw with Ronaldo missing a pen and numerous sitters.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I think Real Madrid will be relatively conservative tonight, the benchmark being Bayern 3-1 PSG.

Real Madrid will mainly attack on the wings because they know our less impressive players are our lateral defenders. Also, Neymar and M'bappé don't defend so much.

So, they would do like Bayern who won partly thanks to a Coman on fire

LoneStar

Knowing Madrid, regardless of their league form, they come into their own in the CL. Very excited for this match!

Just hoping both teams go for the kill and that it won’t be a tactical borefest.

Schneckerl

Really hyped up for this game.

No idea what will happen, can't think of an outcome that would shock me. Can see either team collapsing and getting trashed.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
My mrs has buggered off to Scotland (for a holiday) so I'll be spending Valentine's with my parents' BT subscription. I'm hoping for a cracker.

Luke1995

Di Maria is in insane form at the moment, I think it all comes down to if Madrid can stop him.

Kapardin

Expect both teams to be cautious in the first leg. 1-1 most likely, PSG getting a slender away goal advantage.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Hope PSG dish out an utterly famous fisting in this tie, then lose themselves in the next round. Win-Win, I'd say.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
As for the question who's gonna get sacked:

Both. The question is merely about who's getting an insta-ticket for the next Mars Mission, and who's given a grace period until the end of the season.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Even if Madrid suddenly look like the team of last season, that defense is still a massive liability. They’re going to need to play the game of their lives.

redshaw

I shouldn't go against Ronaldo but I think PSG will give them a torrid time.

As for the managers, both look easily disposable right now. PSG will probably be less rash if they get knocked out and look to the end of the season. If Madrid get a thrashing over two legs then it could be curtains with the league form.

Last edited:
Kimpembe in the starting 11 according to L'Equipe

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
L'Equipe is announcing Kimpembe starting over Thiago Silva. Interesting if true.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The rationale is Thiago Silva likes to play as a very old-school sweeper, playing deep: see what happened in Barcelona last year (6-1 defeat) or in Munich this season (3-1)

The defence would be more advanced and aggressive with a player like Kimpembe.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The pressure will be incredible on his shoulders, I hope he doesn't lose focus but I have faith in him
You're talking about the guy who said

“I can’t wait to play Madrid,” said the ex-Blaugrana forward after his side’s 3-0 win against Lille.

“We all prepare to play in matches like these. I’m very excited and I want that day to be now.”

The Brazilian has scored 27 goals in just 26 appearances for PSG since his €222m transfer from Barca last summer.
Copa Libertadors: Manager Director of Santos in their successes.
World Cup 2014, he was the Managing Partner of Brazil. Injured Neymar meant Brazil 1-7 Germany
Barcelona 6-1 PSG because of Neymar once again

You should rather be concerned by some of our defensive players!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You're talking about the guy who said

Copa Libertadors: Manager Director of Santos in their successes.
World Cup 2014, he was the Managing Partner of Brazil. Injured Neymar meant Brazil 1-7 Germany
Barcelona 6-1 PSG because of Neymar once again

You should rather be concerned by some of our defensive players!
Kimpebe will be big I feel. I'm worried about Alves (would rather have Meunier)

Rajma

I shouldn't go against Ronaldo but I think PSG will give them a torrid time.

As for the managers, both look easily disposable right now. PSG will probably be less rash if they get knocked out and look to the end of the season. If Madrid get a thrashing over two legs then it could be curtains with the league form.
You kidding me, Emery is a goner the second PSG get knocked out against Real. Sheikhs certainly did not invest £400 on two players for them to go out in the first round.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He'd have no problems today then.

Neymar will be sulking about Silva, won't he?
I think Emery is traumatized by the defeat in Barcelona last year and I'm sure he has reviewed the game since.

Against excellent teams like Chelsea, City, Barcelona..., Thiago Silva becomes an anxious defender who makes the defence overly deep.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I still expect Isco to be on the bench but if he isn't, here's what happened the last time he faced Verratti

Very good point.

Since January, Veratti is in an excellent shape like Ángel Di María by the way.

On the other hand, M'bappé and Cavani aren't at their best but they should be ready.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think Emery is traumatized by the defeat in Barcelona last year and I'm sure he has reviewed the game since.

Against excellent teams like Chelsea, City, Barcelona..., Thiago Silva becomes an anxious defender who makes the defence overly deep.
Has Thiago lost most of his pace? Was one of the quickest earlier in his career.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Has Thiago lost most of his pace? Was one of the quickest earlier in his career.
He's lost a bit of pace but he always preferred defending deep from his time at Milan AC.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well it's good to know PSG will go for it, with the likes of Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar against that dodgy Madrid defence is bound to result in a few goals.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He's lost a bit of pace but he always preferred defending deep from his time at Milan AC.
Sure but he isn't the same player when the game is extremely important: for example, do you remember Chelsea-PSG away in 2016?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Not impossible to see Isco to strengthen the midfield.

His pace is still good. Varane is very probably the fastest defender on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.