Other Classics getting butchered

decorativeed

Why would a repackaged version of stand by me being anything new to any audience that couldn’t be accessed by watching the original? Just lazy and pointless.
The point is that younger people are more likely (well, in normal, non-pandemic times) to go out to the cinema to watch a film that is new and maybe stars actors they like and are familiar with than watch something that was made 20 years before they were born. Also, the studios make much less money just hoping a new audience will suddenly all start watching an old film on Netflix or whatever.

Ludens the Red

A thread for horrific remakes/reboots/readaptations of classic movies, tv shows, music, games etc.

This is the most disturbing trailer I've ever seen.
Dunno what you lot are on about. That looks great. Can’t wait!
Chloe Grace Moretz too:p

decorativeed

?Predator, not the one the one with Foreman from that 70s show (though that was also shite), but the one even newer than that.
Robin Hood with Russel Crowe
Those weird arse live action Disney Remakes. The Lion King with realistic looking lions, what kind of mentally deficient lunatic thought that was a good idea. What's next, a prolonged shot of an aquarium as a live action Finding Nemo remake?
Live action Lion King? You think they trained real lions to sing?

Haddock

Not quite a reboot but the Arsenal Fan TV spin-off on Barstool Sports with Troopz is a total misreading of what made the original show such an Altmanesque ensemble classic.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Surprising amount of die hard Tom & Jerry purists on the worlds leading Manchester United forum.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
"Wuccoto yu lie" is not really a classic though is it?

As to the question, I am going to throw this bomb out there: Any Christmas song by Mariah Carey.
Dude, you can almost skank to All I Want For Christmas Is You.

(I'd be fine with torching the rest of her career output though.)

paulscholes18

Mixing cartoon and live action just doesn’t work for me, really need to be kept separate

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Mixing cartoon and live action just doesn’t work for me, really need to be kept separate
Space Jam and Who Framed Roger Rabbit were amazing, though. Well, Who Framed Roger Rabbit was amazing. Space Jam isn't amazing - it's perfect.

Sylar

A thread for horrific remakes/reboots/readaptations of classic movies, tv shows, music, games etc.

This is the most disturbing trailer I've ever seen.
I watched this , it wasn't bad

It wasn't good or great either. But it was ok, rehashed a lot of the older stuff T&J did with their battles, and it didn't focus mostly on the humans which was a plus

Do wonder how this was received by kids now who didn't really watch Tom and Jerry

lsd

The Oracle
Daniel Craig playing James Bond ? Bland Jason Bourne wannabe with no humour

I don't care if he is closest to the books image he is nowhere near the Bond portrayed by Connery and Moore who made the Bond films an event.